main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Questions, Questions, Questions...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by aPPmaSTer, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Boucks

Master_Boucks Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2005
    1. What does Grievous say during the eye closeup, showdown on Utapau with Obi?

Something like this: Blah, blah, you must relize you are doomed. What does he really say at the blah blah part?

He says that even with an army you must know that you are doomed. This i believe is in reference to Grievous' faith in Lord Sidious. Whilst he doesn't know that Sids is Palps he does know that Sids is powerful and in control of everything.

2. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Thunder_And_Lighting posted on 6/1/03 9:25pm
    1. What does Grievous say during the eye closeup, showdown on Utapau with Obi? [hr][/blockquote]

?Army or not, you must realize that you are doomed.?

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=Thunder_And_Lighting][b]Thunder_And_Lighting[/b][/link] [b]posted on 6/1/03 9:25pm[/b][hr]2. What ship is that that Anakin uses to get to the office to save Palps from Mace? [hr][/blockquote]

It?s just a speeder. I?m sure that when the OS Databank updates again we?ll get the name of it.

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=Thunder_And_Lighting][b]Thunder_And_Lighting[/b][/link] [b]posted on 6/1/03 9:25pm[/b][hr]3. Why would the republic fleet continue to fire on the invisible hand while the Jedi are onboard trying to rescue the chancellor? [hr][/blockquote]

Well, it?s like the dogfight in ROTJ. The Rebels are trying to blow up the Death Star while Luke is still inside it fighting Vader. So in ROTS it comes down to two things.

[b]1)[/b] Only the ARC-170 pilots are aware of Anakin and Obi-Wan?s mission while the rest of the Republic doesn?t know that they?re in there and they are continuing to shoot the ship down.

[b]2)[/b] Anakin and Obi-Wan go in the ship regardless of the people shooting at it, hopping that they can get in and out with the Chancellor quickly before the ship is destroyed.

I like number 2 myself.

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=Thunder_And_Lighting][b]Thunder_And_Lighting[/b][/link] [b]posted on 6/1/03 9:25pm[/b][hr]4. Why does Palps try to flee from Yoda if he was waiting a long time for that moment? [hr][/blockquote]

Well, I?m sure that after Yoda got up from the Force-lightning and still wanted to fight, Palpatine really knew Yoda meant business and didn?t want anything to do with him. So, he tried to leave.

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=Thunder_And_Lighting][b]Thunder_And_Lighting[/b][/link] [b]posted on 6/1/03 9:25pm[/b][hr]5. How can Obi and Yoda take out all those Clones on their own, while a temple of Jedi were killed by those same clones? [hr][/blockquote]

The Jedi that were killed in the Temple by Vader were took by surprise, they didn?t expect an attack from one of they?re own. Obi-Wan and Yoda on the other hand took the Clones by surprise. The Clones thought they got all the Jedi in the Temple and didn?t expect two more to come along and give them trouble.

3. jedismith

jedismith Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2002
    Well, if you want a "movie" explanation, which has already been alluded to, I think, clearly Obi-Wan and Yoda know Anakin has "become" Darth Vader. Surely, the galaxy knows of Darth Vader, even if it doesn't know exactly who or what he is...they at least know Darth Vader is this big scary guy in all black and a mask, that is the Emperor's underling. Obi-Wan has clealy been to the Mos Eisley cantina before ("...this place can be a little rough") and no doubt has kept up on events as best he could. He definitely knew exactly what was up with Anakin/Vader at the time of Ep. 4.

Personnaly, I think Lucasfilm (and by extension Lucas) have put a lot of time and effort over the past 5-6 years in integrating the current EU with the movies, and I think we can no longer discount events that happen with the "stamp of approval" from Lucas(film) as irrelevant to the movies. Just my 2 cents though.

4. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    someone asked me this question and i didn't have an answer for once so i turn to all of you..

if all that happend to anakin was he got burned then why does he need a breathing regulator?

my thought is that either he got a massive dose of smoke inhalation or he died and was artificailly brought back to life b4 the suit is put on, hence the need to keep his lungs going on thier own

i'd like to hear other theories tho

301st post woohoo!

5. General Madine

General Madine Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 1999
    Since the PT wars were orchestrated by Palps, does that cheapen the heroics of the Jedi in those wars?

Were we cheated by a lack of resolution to Anakin/Padme? I think it would have been interesting if they had to face each other one last time. Why didn't Vader go to (or at least watch or mention) Padme's funeral?

6. Goatboy

Goatboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 11, 2000
    Darth Foo, when he got burnt on the outside, he also got burnt on the inside.

Flesh isn't flame-proof y'know! ;)

7. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    FYI, having seen the film again Leia is held AWAY from Padme and her eyes are closed as well.

8. neutralsideforce

neutralsideforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2005
    Is that TV Series real and when?

9. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Yes, it's real. It was said that there will be a live-action show and an animated show, but nothing has been said about when they will start.

10. SSIntimidator

Jul 24, 2003
    Based on comments from Lucas you can bet it'll be at least two years before we see it on TV. I doubt he's even started it right now. Give him another 6 months or so to get things hashed out and abour 6 months or so to write it, a year to film it. Two years is about when you'll see it.

The animated one would be sooner most likely.

11. SSIntimidator

Jul 24, 2003
    His vital organs were encased in a 'bag'. I have no answer for his eyes, there's no shield that I can see covering them.

12. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    SSIntimidator posted on 6/21/05 9:44am
    His vital organs were encased in a 'bag'. I have no answer for his eyes, there's no shield that I can see covering them.
    [hr][/blockquote]
    Exactly! The novel goes into detail with this as well. Grievous is living in a bubble ... it's just on the inside.

:)

13. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    the answein as in a GFFA

14. Darth-Bowers

Darth-Bowers Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    I have a question about the Invisible Hand.

I've just been thinking about when the ship "capsizes". I noticed that everything and everyone goes with it. I thought these ships produced their own gravity? Wouldn't they still be on the floor of the ship despite the ship making any movements. After all, space ships travel in a 360 degree environment.

Am I just making a mountain out of a mole hill?

15. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I believe that it was mentioned that the gravity was lost....

16. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    The ship was having gravity malfunctions.

17. SSIntimidator

Jul 24, 2003
    That has bothered me everytime I've seen this film! The ship would not "sink"

18. Darth-Bowers

May 8, 2005
    Had the gravity been lost shouldn't they have been free floating? Or is it that Coruscants gravity was strong enough where they were at to have "pulled" them?

19. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    The ships have gravity regulators. Because of the damage sustained upon the Invisible Hand, theirs did not work right. It was still working off and on, but not like it should have been.

20. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    I have a question about the Invisible Hand.

I've just been thinking about when the ship "capsizes". I noticed that everything and everyone goes with it. I thought these ships produced their own gravity? Wouldn't they still be on the floor of the ship despite the ship making any movements. After all, space ships travel in a 360 degree environment.

Am I just making a mountain out of a mole hill?

In the novel I think it went on to say that the gravity stabilizers were damaged as well. That's (at least in the book) the reason the Captain said "Magnetize, Magnetize!". Because he wanted the droids to magnetize to the ground.

21. Darth-Bowers

May 8, 2005
    So what you are saying is that despite which ever way the ship was turned, the gravity regulators always pull "down", even if "down" happened to be the roof of the ship?

22. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Dude. It's Star Wars. Just watch the movie and accept that something isn't working right. That's really all you need to know.

23. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    We can also assume that since the ship is in Coruscant's Orbit that they might be feeling the effects of it's gravity. That is why "down" is the relative direction.

24. Darth-Bowers

May 8, 2005
    Woah dude. I'm sorry that I found something out of place with the movie. Heaven forbid I'd like a reasonable explaination to what happened.

25. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Huh? :confused:

I thought that's what I did?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.