main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Questions, Questions, Questions...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by aPPmaSTer, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Bowers

Darth-Bowers Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    Not you, jedi_master_ousley.

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Would you also like a reasonable explanation as to how lightsabers work, why there's an apparent level of sound in space, and things of that nature? Or are you good to go?

3. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    ObiWan506 posted:
    We can also assume that since the ship is in Coruscant's Orbit that they might be feeling the effects of it's gravity. That is why [i]"down"[/i] is the relative direction. [hr][/blockquote]
    I think you're right. The OS Databank entry for the Trade Federation cruiser mentioned something along those lines.

4. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    I can buy that. If they were in orbit than gravity would have pulled them down. If they were in orbit.

Jedi_Master, dude, there's accepting "It's Star Wars" as an answer for things -- General Grievous, lightsabers, etc -- and there's taking something that in ANY universe should not happen and questioning it. Padme's pregnancy for example. She's either 6 or 7 months, which means they're premies, or the full-term of 9 in which case she sure as hell ain't runnin around chasing after her husband no hunching over in the Senate.

5. Darth-Bowers

Darth-Bowers Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    I'm not asking about that. I could very well ask what type of reactor makes the Hand even go and how the things works, but I'm not.

I was asking about gravity.

6. SSIntimidator

Jul 24, 2003
    Okay this just dawned on me. Has anyone else noticed how amazingly pathetic the ARC pilots helmet looks? What's the point -- much the the X-Wing pilots -- of having an open faced helmet with air tubes? The "tusks" coming out of the bottom look completely out of place, and when compared to the speeder bike helemt, the standard clone, funky looking clone helmet we see calling for a medic and the soon to be new speeder helmet it looks like it was an afterthought.

Even the firefighter pilots got cooler helms!

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The ARC helmets are a hybird of the TIE pilot helmets from the OT and the Rebel helmets of the OT. ROTS reveals that Clonetroopers are pilots, which then ties into the OT, where we see TIE pilots wearing helmets with face masks similar to that of a Stormtrooper.

8. SSIntimidator

Jul 24, 2003
    Yes I know that. It doesn't make them any less goofy looking. The 'tusks' serve no purpose on an open faced helmet. They could have done much better considering how cool all the other clones looked.

9. executeordersixtysix

executeordersixtysix Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    Why wasn't James Earl Jones in the credits for ROTS?

10. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Moving up to save.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.