Questions, Questions, Questions...

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by aPPmaSTer, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOOFARGONE Jedi Padawan

taken from wikipedia ...

Though the Sith Order was believed to have destroyed itself, Palpatine was the last in a long line of surviving dark lords. While it is unknown when he became a Sith Lord and took the name Darth Sidious, it is known that his master was Darth Plagueis. Plagueis is thought to have been capable of manipulating midi-clorians to create life and avert death. He was murdered by Sidious in his sleep.

... now what about sidious becoming hideous ?

loved the piggy-back by chewwie ha ha !
    & thought Sidious saying Vader would take care of business was great as well LOL !
  2. TOOFARGONE Jedi Padawan

leads to believe he did create good ole' ani

more wikipedia ...

Palpatine's second plan (often regarded as an indirect plan as many believe he could not have actually foreseen so far ahead) was not so obvious, though it was equally devious and brilliant. Palpatine knew he would need a force-user of extraordinary power if he was ever to defeat the Jedi Order. The Sith Lord took the necessary steps to ensure that such a force-user was at his command.

The true extent of Palpatine's influence on Anakin Skywalker's life remains unclear. It is probable, however, that Palpatine was aware of the boy from conception. Tatooine, where Skywalker was born and raised, happened to be beyond the Republic's border and therefore he would be untested and unrecruited by the Jedi. Tatooine also happened to be a harsh place. A place where Anakin grew up an alien, a slave, and without a father. A perfect place for the seeds of the dark side to grow inside him.

Anakin was destined to become the greatest of all Jedi in the galaxy, and Palpatine's clear choice for an apprentice. It is equally clear that Palpatine would not be able to train Anakin personally, as he had many demands for his attention as Chancellor, and many plans yet to implement. So Palpatine arranged other means for his future apprentice's training, namely the Jedi Order.
  3. wonder_alice Jedi Knight

star 1
    I wish I could create a thread for this...

I feel a bit stupid asking this but...

If Vader thinks Padme died because he choked her, then how does he know she gave birth? How does he know his son is born? How does he recognize Luke as his son in OT? Is it only because he is a Skywalker and looks like him? Is it really that simple and obvious? Does Vader only learn he has a son at the time of OT or does he know before that (meaning sometime between eps 3 and 4?)

Anyone have insight?
  4. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    wasnt it changed in empire that the emperor tells vader?

sorry my memory is a bit fuzzy on the new changes to the OT

-Mel
  5. kapitandg Jedi Knight

star 1
    I dont think he knows she gave birth...but he did say in ROTS that how could he have killed her , that he felt her afterwards....or something along those lines....and i remember reading he finds out about luke after his name becomes famous when he destroys the Death Star
  6. TOOFARGONE Jedi Padawan

sidious is hideous because ...

wikipedia says ...

a fight with Jedi Master Mace Windu, deflected force lightning revealed the figure of an ancient, sinister human; this may have been due to the stress of the duel causing him to lose concentration on his illusion.
  7. wonder_alice Jedi Knight

star 1
    Guess it's a good thing that Vader thinks Padme has died without giving birth then, because he'd have gone and looked for his child(ren).

Thanx!
  8. jaguaro Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Im sure there is some dumb EU book that covers when Vader learns about Luke, but I think the real answer is that he is not aware that he has a son until sometime after ANH. Otherwise, he would be looking for Luke the entire time, not just during the time after that movie.
  9. jengafett Jedi Master

star 4
    obi wans exact words upon laying eyes on R2 in anh are " why hello my little friend."

It was actually:

Obi-Wan: Hello there. Come here my little friend. Don't be afraid.

Just thought I'd point that out.
  10. WeaponX195 Jedi Padawan

I think I screwed up my post last time (I'm new to boards so bear with me), but what, again is the deal with the clone army?Who ordered it, etc. The film doesn't really touch on that issue at all.
    As for why Mace beat Palps, this could possibly be explained by Mace's unique Form 7 fighting style, which brings him to the very brink of the dark side. In terms of power he may not have been a match for Palps, but in fighting skills i would say it's feasable. Plus he's just too real lol.
  11. RandallFett Jedi Knight

A couple of points ..........

Anakins thoughts of Padme dying betrayed him, that's how Palpatine/Sidious knew of Padme.

In ANH when the droids land on Tattoine, Artoo heads of in a direction and Threepoo doesn't follw. It seems now Artoo knew exactly where to go, becasue of not getting his memory wiped.

Also Threepoo learned to fly by the time of ROTS, maybe he would have been a different character had he not been wiped.

I like the fact there are still questions and everything wasn't answered
  12. Yoda-I-II-III-V-VI Jedi Padawan

Drummer_etc

I?ll give you my thoughts on the following

2. In "ANH", when Han, Luke, Chewey, and Kenobi are all at the Cantina, and Luke flips out at Han for the price of the ship, Luke says something like "For that price we could practically buy our own ship!" and then Han replies with something similar to "Yeah, but who's gonna fly it? You?" and they get into that argument. Clearly though, in "ROTS", Obi-Wan is a pretty solid pilot, so couldn't he have been a pilot? I know he hates flying and all, but, just some little picky thing we noticed. Agree?

My thought:
    Well in ANH Obi Wan was becoming a geriatric and although I am not sure what planet er country or state you are from. However in my planet er country Australia once you hit 70 you need to do an annual driving test to keep your licence. Perhaps somewhere between ROTS and ANH he had to do one of theses tests and failed, as a result he lost his licence to fly. As for Luke well he may not be qualified to fly the Falcon.

3. Did anyone else notice the "Millenium Falcon?" Maybe it was just some other Corellian ship, but I clearly saw something that looked identical to it in the lower right portion of the screen during the scene in the beginning after Anakin, Kenobi, R2, and Palpatine crash land the droid ship and they show the "transport taxi-ship" with Anakin and Kenobi inside landing in that landing bay area. It looks as if the "Falcon" is landing in the lower right part of the screen. Anyone else?

My thought:
    Guess I?ll have to wait for the DVD.
  13. Darth_Downunder Chosen One

star 4
    I loved the music in the scene where Obi is trying to get Padme to say where Anakin is.

Can anyone tell me if this is on the soundtrack, & if so where?
  14. BareBodkin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Why wasn't the Sifo Dyas matter adressed?
  15. tyketto Jedi Padawan

I thought about the Sifo Dyas thing too. I guess it really didn't have any significance like we thought it might....
  16. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    If Vader thinks Padme died because he choked her, then how does he know she gave birth? How does he know his son is born? How does he recognize Luke as his son in OT? Is it only because he is a Skywalker and looks like him? Is it really that simple and obvious? Does Vader only learn he has a son at the time of OT or does he know before that (meaning sometime between eps 3 and 4?)

Vader didn't know until after ANH, when he began a search for the identity of the Rebel pilot, as detailed in "Vader's Quest." He discovered through an informant the name of the pilot, but he wasn't sure that was his son, until he talked to Palpatine. He made Vader think and realize that Padme gave birth and that he made sure that she appeared pregnant. Now that he knows for sure this is his son, Vader proceeds to turn him.

"At this point, Vader?s plan really, now that he knows he?s his son, is to convince him to come with him. Join the Dark Side and together they?re going to overthrow the Emperor, which is the thematic devices used through the whole movies in terms of the Sith, which is Sith Lords are usually no more than two because if there are three, then two of them will gang up on one to try to become the dominate Sith. Anakin would have been able to do it if he hadn?t been debilitated and now he?s half machine and half man, so he?s lost a lot of the power of the Force, and he?s lost a lot of his ability to be more powerful then the Emperor. But Luke hasn?t. Luke is Vader?s hope. His motives at this point are purely evil. He simply wants to continue on what he was doing before which is get rid of the Emperor and make himself Emperor. He only sees his son as a mechanism for the ambition. His mad lust of power."

--George Lucas, TESB DVD Commentary.
  17. Gibnerd Force Ghost

here's a question:

In the scene early in the film right where Mace is telling Palpatine that catching the General will be the Jedi's highest order, we here a deep voice say, "Watch it!" After that we here a goofy voice say, "Excuse me!"

Who says this?? Is the "Excuse me" Jar Jar? I've seen ROTS 4 times now & still can't figure this out!!!

18. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Obi-wan has only flown starfighters. Nothing larger than that in the films. Anakin was the only one who flew both, as seen in AOTC. Obi-wan has flown starships in the eu.

I think it has to do with the fact that he doesn't want to be noticed if the Empire decides to start pulling over ships.
  19. BurtBaccarra Jedi Knight

star 2
    Is the "Excuse me" Jar Jar?

I'm pretty sure it's Jar Jar.... notice his speech has improved... no more 'esqueaze me'.

Who says "watch it", though? Orn?
  20. Gibnerd Force Ghost

Interesting if it is Jar Jar saying, "Excuse me"....
    That'll silence all those folk boasting "Jar Jar has no lines in the movie"
  21. Darth_Lawyer Jedi Padawan

Here's a few more questions:

1. In ESB, Obi-Wan thinks Luke is the Jedi's "only hope." Yoda corrects him, telling him that there's another; clearly a reference to Leia. Wouldn't that suggest that Obi-Wan didn't know about Leia?

2. What was up with the cave in ESB? Why wasn't that ever resolved?
  22. Yasamuu Jedi Knight

star 1
    I dont know if these have been asked previosuly i couldnt be bothered reading all the pages but what i wanted to know is

When Palpatine spoke of Plageus (sp?) being able to manipulate medichlorians to create birth did he say that to poison anakin like the story that he could save someone from certain death or is this the truth and that it is emplied that anakin is created by plageus (sp?)??

And

When Mace near enough beats Palpatine does it really take the shine off of Palpatines power, when he defeats kit fisto and the other two jedi within a matter of seconds you think wow, hes so powerful, but considering he tries to flee from yoda (as yoda points out "if so strong you are, why are you fleeing" or something along those lines) and that Mace almost kills him i think it takes away some of the credit to his powers.
  23. TOOFARGONE Jedi Padawan

music you may be describing could be track #8 from soundtrack ... Padme's Ruminations ... the tracks before & after that are definately other scenes
  24. jaguaro Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Alright, here's a question nobody has thought of yet:

In Episode 2, when Count Dooku has Obi Wan held captive, he says that the Viceroy came to him after Sideous betrayed him. But in Episode 3, we see the Viceroy taking orders from him.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
  25. sithbiker Jedi Knight

I think it's a bit of a stretch to think padme would give up on her children so easily. Ok, she's grieving, but I can't see anyone with new born children wanting to leave them to 2fend for themselves2, so to speak.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.