Questions, Questions, Questions...

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by aPPmaSTer, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOOFARGONE Jedi Padawan

Sidious was toying with Windu so that Anakin would do the dirty deed himself to bring him closer to the dark side ! He could of easily destryed Windu !
    Same reason that he (Palpatine) let himself get captured by Grievious so that he would be rescued by Anakin (knowing the Jedi Council would send OB1 & Anakin) & persuade him to kill Tyranus so that Sidious could get his precious *new* apprentice
  2. BaldyKenobi Jedi Padawan

Hi there - this is my first posting so bear with me!
    I feel that the major plot hole in ROTS is the fact that in the OT Obi-wan says to Yoda on Dagobah that "that boy is our last hope" to which Yoda replies "No, thee is another"
    WTF then is that then, when Bail, Yoda and Obi-wan are discussing the twin's futures? Does Obi-wan suffer from a mental blackout and forget about Leia being the offspring of Anakin? Big poodoo!!
    aPART FROM THAT, LOVED rots!
  3. chinoloco99 Jedi Knight

*In Episode 2, when Count Dooku has Obi Wan held captive, he says that the Viceroy came to him after Sideous betrayed him. But in Episode 3, we see the Viceroy taking orders from him.
    Anyone have any thoughts on this?*

Its just a trick to get obi-wan to join him.
    Remember the ways of the Sith..
    "lies, deceit and treachery are his ways now.." - Yoda

4. JonR Jedi Padawan

Now some of these have been touched on but I wanted to pitch my two cents. Also don?t want to offend anyone with the A: next to my responses to the questions, it?s just My answer to those questions.

Q: My major question is why did bail clearly state the 3P0 was the have a memory wipe. Does that mean that R2 didn't have one? And if that?s the case that opens up an entirely new view on R2 for the OT.

A: I see it as R2 did not see any of the important stuff, he knew that his master Ani was killed on that planet, and that Padme died, he was not present during the birth so R2 was out of the loop.

Q: 2. In "ANH", when Han, Luke, Chewey, and Kenobi are all at the Cantina, and Luke flips out at Han for the price of the ship, Luke says something like "For that price we could practically buy our own ship!" and then Han replies with something similar to "Yeah, but who's gonna fly it? You?" and they get into that argument. Clearly though, in "ROTS", Obi-Wan is a pretty solid pilot, so couldn't he have been a pilot? I know he hates flying and all, but, just some little picky thing we noticed. Agree?

A: Well when you are hiding from the empire you don?t want to be the one that is driving, you want someone else drive so you can duck down into the smuggling hold.

Q: So, if Obi-Wan was present for the birth of the twins, it kind a makes the OT scene where Yoda tells him..."there is another" a bit odd doesn?t it??

A: Luke was the only one they put there faith in to pick up the fight, they would have to start from scratch with Leia we already know That Luke was too old to start the training so and Leia did not have a Jedi mentor over her shoulder so that would have to tried to train her from the other side. So practically speaking he was the only hope, Yoda was the one who saw the complete picture.
  5. DarthNoyz Jedi Knight

star 1
    You people are killing me with your questions.

Which mother was Leia talking about? Padme! She only remembers images, sadness. Kinda sounds like Padme during labor. You don?t think an infant can recall that? Well then, what do you think about fire in space or tiny wings supporting a heavy-looking Watto? Point is, this is a galaxy far, far away?not earth. You have to suspend SOME reality and accept the flick for what it is. Personally, I find Leia?s memories a testament to the revelation that she too is strong with the force?and through that ability can still recall those early emotions.

How can Obi-Wan take off from Utapau and then watch himself take off? Were you stuff the oral cavity with oily popcorn or were you indulging in that ever annoying habit of rude moviegoers by talking to a friend when he told the astrodroid what to do?

Did Sidious create Anakin? Hell naw! Palpatine knows Anakin had no father. This was a brilliant suggestion by Palps to further seduce Anakin. And by learning that the force can create life on the dark side, it just confirms that the force can create life on the light side---hence Anakin being created to fulfill the ?prophecy?. He?s the chosen one. The force chose him.

How does Sidious know Padme will die? He doesn?t! Jeez people!!!! He?s a sith! He?s using the force! Sensing Anakin?s fears and concerns since he was a little boy! If Ani had been so bothered recently that he would speak with Yoda, don?t you think Sids can pick up on that? And is it a stretch to think he would ascertain that he was married to Padme?
    Dan 26 says that if Palps was plucking the info from Anakin?s feelings, why didn?t Yoda know? Well who?s to say he really didn?t? But the more accurate explanation is probably that Yoda wouldn?t probe him that way, much like the way Charles Xavier doesn?t go fishing in the heads of the X-Men. Or perhaps Yoda just wants Anakin to come to the right conclusions on his own? I think by what Yoda says to him that he?s got a pretty good idea what Anakin has been up to.

Does Obi-Wan remember the droids? Well, I?d think it?s silly to say he doesn?t know R2 at this point. He?s clearly got a long history with him through Anakin. To use the argument that the galaxy is filled with those droid units is pointless now as we clearly see Obi-Wan refer to R2 as if he?s very familiar with him (No loose-wire jokes!) and it?s not very likely he doesn?t recognize the little droid when he shows up on Tatooine with a message from Leia. I?m perfectly comfortable believe that Obi-Wan is wryly leading Luke in a specific direction. If he had to admit that he knew R2, he would have to elaborate and that would lead to info Luke is not ready for. This may not have been the original intent in the Episode IV dialogue, but it works now. From a certain point of view.

Yoda and Bail on Polis Massa before Obi-Wan? Well, either the asteroid place that is Polis Massa is used for mining or other things and happens to have a medical facility OR Obi-Wan called ahead to them. Either makes sense. Wouldn?t Obi-Wan contact them ASAP after leaving Mustafar? Would they all not come upon an agreement of where to meet? Sheesh. Some people need to see EVERY thing on screen!

Darth Calvin: EXACTLY, MY BROTHER!

How come Luke can?t remember his mother? Give the guy a break, will ya? Maybe he just wasn?t as connected with Padme at birth? Those images/emotions never surfaced or lingered with him? Does this really bother anyone? My little sister remembers things that happened last year that I totally forgot. Move on!

Obi-Frans: Good points!

Bamyoda: She said ?there is still good in him?there?s still?? Did you watch the movie?

Why did Yoda go in to exile so easy? Well, as explained in the book, during the return to the temple and the fight with Sidious, Yoda realizes his mistakes by not adjusting the Jedi Order with the times. And if he were to die in combat with Sidious, he wouldn?t be able to pass on his newfound knowledge to Obi-Wan?or Luke, for that matter. It was necessary for him to flee if the Jedi
  6. Yasamuu Jedi Knight

star 1
    Luke had at least held a lightsaber, i really cant imagine leia taking on darth in a battle to the death.
  7. JonR Jedi Padawan

DarthNoyz I like the way you think.

we posted almost at the same time and had the same over all feel to our answers.
  8. Yasamuu Jedi Knight

star 1
    another thing i wondered, did bail say "antilles" when he asked someone to get the droids minds wiped? coinsednce?
  9. chinoloco99 Jedi Knight

About "Antilles".......
    no.. it fits...not coincidence....
    Watch Ep4 again in the 3PO bath scene.

"our last master is Captain Antilles."

As in Captain Antilles, the pilot flying the Tantive I.
  10. Yasamuu Jedi Knight

star 1
    i aint watched the ot in months perhaps years, i dont own em, i was gunna buy the box set but they'll no doubt release a box set of all six so al buy that, is captain antilles wedge antilles then?
  11. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I get all 'choked' up seeing Captain Antilles aboard the Tantive.
  12. ShadowofJedis Jedi Master

star 1
    Redundant, but let me explain the whole Leia deal to those who dont have quite an imagination (or aren't too good with literature, apparently.)

First off its, its been set up by yoda before as an explanation.
    "Through the force, you will see people long gone, events in the past, things that have been, or will become." To paraphrase.

The force can allow us to see things, and people, that have died, that you might not have ever even known consciously, but share a bond with. Leia never remembered Padme, but only through the force, she remembered the bond that she shared.

And Luke may also remember Padme, and also share this bond from childbirth. Does he ever say anything to say otherwise?
    Leia: I remember her, images, feelings...
    Luke: I wish I did.

nope, he was only asking her.

jeez people, learn to read between the lines.
  13. Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I don't know if this has been asked, but why wouldn't Uncle Owen have remembered C3PO's name in ANH if he had seen him in AOTC?
  14. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    It's been asked since the day we opened the forum. We always say it's going to be that protocol droids look alike, it's been decades, 3PO looks different, and Owen has droids in and out of his place all the time working with various numbers. Remembering 3PO might slip his mind.
  15. chinoloco99 Jedi Knight

Owen remembering 3PO is explained so easy.. I can't believe how many times its been asked. The answer is the same everytime. I rewatched EP4 and it makes sense.

AOTC: 3PO is in Gray Coverings when he left Tatooine.
    ANH: 3PO is in Gold Coverings when he arrives at the Lars' farm.

ANH: Owen: I have no use for a protocol droid.
    3PO: of course you do.
    Owen:I am need of a droid that understands Bacci, the primary language of moisture vaparators.
    3PO: of course I understand Bacci, its one of my primary functions. (This is the first connection of 3PO to the farm. Remember 3PO doesn't even mention his name until he is in the bath, talking to Luke in the workshop.)

ANH: Luke "I think the droids are stolen. The little astromech droid says he is the property of a Obi-wan Kenobi, I wonder if he means old Ben Kenobi. Owen: "tomorrow I want you to take the droids and have their memories wipe. There will be no more talk of this obi-wan. Those droids are ours now." This shows cleary Owen knows who the droids are.
  16. chinoloco99 Jedi Knight

no not wedge. Wedge Antilles is I think a nephew as Captain antilles is like in his 30s in ROTS. He would be in his 50s in ANH.
  17. Yasamuu Jedi Knight

star 1
    right, i knew there had to be some kind of connection glad thats cleared up.
  18. Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Does Uncle Owen know that Luke has a sister?
  19. MasterMatera Jedi Padawan

People, dont you all think that maybe a few answers will be found in the Episode III DVD deleted scenes? Maybe Qui Gon will appear in the deleted scenes and was cut from the movie...
  20. Teineken Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think turnig point for Ani was his desicion, seeing Mace over Palps while Palps looked weak,and Palps uses that. And only when he sees Luke in the opposite position does he realize his error................................Also Ani never learns that Palps is playing both sides, Republic, and Seperatist.
  21. -_TheDirectoR_- Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi, heres few of my questions:

1) Why does Sidious try and run away from Yoda? If he is indeed inferior to Yoda then why does Yoda run away from the senate fight?

2) When Palps tells Anakin that he doesnt have the power to save lives but that together the two SHOULD be able to do so, this is by no means a guarantee. Thus when Anakin chops Mace's hands off, he is in effect killing a fellow Jedi on the basis that if he joins Palps he MAY be able to save his wife how has a small CHANCE that she MAY die. Hmmm a bit odd isnt it? I mean he isnt even guaranteed what he wants (power to save her) and yet he joins palps and throws his life away. Talking about being desperate..

Heres another q (but this is more about the saga as a whole):

If Luke's aunt and uncle die (who are basically like parents to him) and Anakin loses his mother when he is about the same age...why doesnt yoda/obiwan worry that Luke will fall to the dark side because he lost his aunt and uncle?? I mean a big part of anakin's downfall was the loss of his mother.
  22. Teineken Jedi Knight

star 1
    Why would Qui- be cut, makes no sense.
  23. chinoloco99 Jedi Knight

1) Why does Sidious try and run away from Yoda? If he is indeed inferior to Yoda then why does Yoda run away from the senate fight?

This is answered by Obi-wan from the movie. "I have the highground. Don't try it. "

Yoda understands this. He is not consumed by his anger like anakin, so he walks and lives to fight another day. After trying to knock palpatine off, he falls himself and realizes its better to fight another day or all hope will be lost.
  24. Teineken Jedi Knight

star 1
    1) from dathnoyz-"Why did Yoda go in to exile so easy? Well, as explained in the book, during the return to the temple and the fight with Sidious, Yoda realizes his mistakes by not adjusting the Jedi Order with the times. And if he were to die in combat with Sidious, he wouldn?t be able to pass on his newfound knowledge to Obi-Wan?or Luke, for that matter. It was necessary for him to flee if the Jedi were to return. He certainly didn?t get his rear handed to him in that fight---just a simple fact that Palps had something to hang on to and he didn?t. That was the only difference."
  25. Coakley Jedi Padawan

Heres a question for you.

Does anyone know what (if any) political/ideological beliefs George Lucas has?

A thought that occured to me whilst watching ROTS yesterday.

The part where the Emperor declares the begining of the galactic empire, and declares that "I am scared, but despite the attack my resolve is stronger than ever!", reminded me of someone....

[IMG]

I've often thought that there is more insight from Star Wars, as to the reality of events/history than one might think and I wonder whether George Lucas might be trying to tell us something (from a social conscience aspect) about what is actually happeneing in our world today, and in particular criticisng America's history of having a fairly dodgy foreign policy?

Padme: "Ever get the idea that we're on the wrong side?"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.