main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Questions, Questions, Questions...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by aPPmaSTer, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    If Luke's aunt and uncle die (who are basically like parents to him) and Anakin loses his mother when he is about the same age...why doesnt yoda/obiwan worry that Luke will fall to the dark side because he lost his aunt and uncle?? I mean a big part of anakin's downfall was the loss of his mother

Obi has been wathing Luke from a distance, even though Owen (for understandable reasons) won't let Obi near him, Obi Wan knows and can sense that Luke isnt totally like his father, and that Luke has the ability to let go and move on, something Anakin was never able to do. He doesn't have the same issues as Anakin. He wasn't a slave, he was raised by an aunt and uncle who loved him and meant well, and he was watched over by Obi-Wan. He also wasn't ever a pawn with a devil on his shoulder (aka Sids/Palpy) whispering in his ear from teh age of ten like Anakin, manipulating him and taking advantage of his weaknesses. He grew up a relatively normal kid, who had no idea who he was untill he was more or less an adult.

2. Teineken

Teineken Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    2) He wants to learn what Qui gon had leardned with the help of Anis power

3. Teineken

Teineken Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    If you have seen THX 1138, which any Lucas fan should, now that its on dvd, you can clearly see this is an analogy for not just our democracy, but the ones that proceeded us. I have read articles where he gos deep into this, but do not remember from what. Lucas's politacal and social message is the one thing people seem to kind of miss."This is the story of how a democracy turns itself over to an emporer, not a story about an emporer who takes over a democracy"

4. nbrf

nbrf Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    My question. What would someone in a pressurized suit (let's call him "wat tambor") look like dying, say if his suit were punctured by a lightsaber.

Where did this scene go? I haven't seen it on any cut or deleted list yet.

5. jaguaro

jaguaro Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    a fight with Jedi Master Mace Windu, deflected force lightning revealed the figure of an ancient, sinister human; this may have been due to the stress of the duel causing him to lose concentration on his illusion.

George Lucas RARELY introduces a concept in these movies without repeating it, so if that is true, we have to look and see if there is precedent in any other movie.

You know what? There is. Zam Wessel, when she was stressed from being pursued by Anakin, momentarily loses her illusion.

If this is true, then you have opened up the Mace Windu/Palpatine fight up to a completely new and different interpretation. I thought he was playing possum, but now i'm not so sure. Also consider that the Emperor seems genuinely worried about the Jedi after that duel, calling them "relentless".

6. Dr_Yodave

Dr_Yodave Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    noI really think he is playing possum. I believe Zam Wessel is a "changeling" as Anakin mentions to Obi-Wan.

7. NikonNurse

NikonNurse Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    My 2 cents---I watched ANH this am, it does seem like OBI Wan doesn't NOT recognize R2, "well hello my little friend was said. His "half truths" were a little more evident, "Vader killed your father, your father wanted you to have this light saber"....

As for Kenobi not remembering Leia in reference to "that boy is our only hope"...He really had no reason to believe that Leia had any force powers...SHE didn't realize it. She never used them, she didn't know she had them to use them. The only thing she noticed and this was after Ben died is that she could sense Luke. She didn't start really tapping into her powers until the Timothy Zahn books after ROTJ...and I don't remember how much she tapped into them.

About Leia remembering Padme,I could go the nurse and mommy route and tell you all the documentation that supports that a baby can sense their mother's feelings in utero(while in the womb)...Leia DID have the ability to sense Luke, why not her mother. The infant Leia was looking at her mother, while the infant Luke's eyes were closed

8. jaguaro

jaguaro Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    As far as the Obi Wan "this boy is our only hope" thing- I honestly think that its because he thinks Leia is too political at this point. I mean his disdain for politics is so completely obvious in the prequels that you can almost feel it. He borders on hate, actually.

Also consider that he may feel like Luke is the only one who has been watched over by a Jedi- specifically him. I think he favors Luke for that reason and might just think that Leia couldn't do it because she hasn't been exposed to his influence.

9. Dr_Yodave

May 6, 2002
    As far as Obi-Wan not remembering r2, you realize he had other droids as well, i.e. r4 and after 19 years have passed, I wouldn't be surprised if he had forgetten or blocked out of his mind certain particulars in his life.

10. Dr_Yodave

May 6, 2002
    I don't htink Obi-Wan considers Leia a viable option b/c he doesn't have any knowledge that she is strong with the force. She has never come into contact with him and he has no way of sensing her force.

11. AnotherUser

AnotherUser Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Does Bail Organa get elected King or something years later to make Leia a princess? After seeing him in RotS, I really would have liked it if he had a bigger Role in E2. Booo

When does Owen hear about Anakin becoming pure dag-nasty evil?

How in the world does he not notice that the little blue R2 is the same one that belonged to his brother's girlfriend? Or does he?

What took you so long, Quigon??? Why did you not warn anyone about Anakin's troubles?

Yoda's little speech about letting go didn't help, man.

12. Rawson

Rawson Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    Q. Why was General Grievous coughing?? Don't remmeber in clone wars him gettig ay reason to?

13. Duvork

Duvork Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    I have read through the first 5+ pages and I am surprised that noone else answered the "Why didn't Obi-Wan just kill Anakin?" question the way that I saw it.

When Anakin had the chance to kill Dooku he seemed reluctent because it was un Jedi-like to kill an unarmed man, but Palpy made him do it as a payback for taking his arm. We see this again later when Mace is about to kill the Palpy but Anakin stops him, not only because Palpy is his buddy but he still at the time knows right from wrong. I believe he even says something on the lines of him being unarmed.

Which leads me to believe that since Obi-Wan is a "true" Jedi to the fullest he could not have done any more harm to Vader because he was unarmed...literally.

What do you all think about that conclusion?

14. Duel_Master

Duel_Master Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    i know Secura died on felucia but what planets did Ki Adi Mundi, Stass Allie and Plo Koon die on?

15. Darth_Malt

Darth_Malt Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    How is it that people are so mad about Leia remembering her mother?!

This is how you guys sound.....

Guy:
    Hey dude, I guess Anakin has no father.

Guy 2:
    I know man! Isn't it sweet that he was so powerful with the force that the force actually created him??

Guy:
    Yeah man! Anakin being born without a father is awesome! It just shows how powerful he is.

Guy 2:
    Oh yeah, what's the deal with Leia saying she remembers her mother!? She is, of course, Anakin's son and could have the force but how does that explain how she remembers her real mother?

Guy:
    I know, man! That is sooooo unrealistic. That HAS TO BE the biggest loop hole of any movie saga I have ever seen!

Guy 2:
    It's so stupid. How can a baby remember her mother at the age of 2 minutes?

Guy:
    I don't know! Lucas just doesn't know what he's doing. It's so unrealistic.

Guy 2:
    I know, man!

Me:
    But you all accept that Anakin has no father?

You all accept that Anakin has no father while you can't seem to accept that fact that Leia remembers her mother. Lord.

16. Duvork

Duvork Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    Q. Why was General Grievous coughing?? Don't remmeber in clone wars him gettig ay reason to?

I think that Grievous was created by Dooku and Sidious as a trail. He was human at one time I believe and it might have been just a trial thing when he was "transformed" into a machine with a little human still left in him. With the final outcome being they did not get the breathing part done right, A lesson they corrected when creating the suit for a beaten down Vader making him more into a machine.

17. RageKiller

RageKiller Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2005

A. Among the Clone Wars cartoons final scenes: as Grievous escapes trailed by Mace Windu, Windu takes one final swipe at the General by force crushing his chest... Grievous survives but his hacking cough is a symptom from that point on.

18. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    Mace Windu gave him that cough in the very last episode that leads RIGHT UP to ep3

19. ACDC

ACDC Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2004
    Theres something in this film that i don't understand.

The Emperor: Lord Vader, can you hear me?
    Darth Vader: Yes, my master. Where is Padmé? Is she safe, is she all right?
    The Emperor: I'm afraid she died... it seems in your anger, you killed her.
    Darth Vader: I couldn't have! She was alive! I felt her! She was alive! It's impossible! No!

Did Vader really kill Padme?

Medical Droid: Medically, she is completely healthy. For reasons we can't explain, we are losing her.
    Obi-Wan: She's dying?
    Medical Droid: We don't know why. She has lost the will to live. We need to operate quickly if we are to save the babies.

The droids said that she was dying becuase of unknown reasons. I feel that it was not Vader. What where the unknown reasons?

O and when Anakin/Vader was burning in the black sand Anakin's face looked like Frodo Bagins when he was stabed by the Blackrider. lol Anakin looked like Eligai Wood

20. gtafan44

gtafan44 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    It was pretty sick seeing Vader's legs put on him like that. The saber duel, Obi vs. Ani, not as good as I expected it to be. Obi vs Maul was much better, there was to much CGI in the final duel, blue on blue was not a great idea, red on blue would of been better.

21. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    A red saber on a lava planet would be a bad idea.

22. gtafan44

May 11, 2005
    TPM was more people fighting instead of CGI fighting for them. I guess red saber would of been a bad idea on the lava planet. I cant believe it ended like this, I loved the movie but it would of been better to see Mon Motha and Bail Organa form the Rebels.

23. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    blue on blue was not a great idea, red on blue would of been better.

The red saber would have gotten lost in the lava planet, because so much of the background was red. Plus the lightsaber that Anakin used in this duel had to be the one Luke got in ANH.

24. gtafan44

May 11, 2005
    <<<<blue on blue was not a great idea, red on blue would of been better.

The red saber would have gotten lost in the lava planet, because so much of the background was red. Plus the lightsaber that Anakin used in this duel had to be the one Luke got in ANH.>>>>

I know I edited my post saying it would of been a bad idea, sad to see the series end.

25. JediCouncilBoy

JediCouncilBoy Jedi Master star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    Did they ever say who eraced Kamino? Was it Dooku?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.