main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Questions, Questions, Questions...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by aPPmaSTer, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imperial_march2005

imperial_march2005 Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    I think Sidious took what he learned from Darth Plageus about midichlorian manipulation to create Anakin.

It makes sense. Why else have the revelation in TPM that Anakin had no father and introduce the whole concept of midichlorians? And why say his eye will be on him at the end of TPM? Just because he won a pod race and accidentally helped blow up a Trade Federation station? No, because he created Anakin.

Sidious knew he just had to wait long enough for Anakin to mature enough physically and for all the other strings to be pulled before he'd reel him in and make him angry about Padme's death and thus become hugely powerful in the Dark Side because of that anger and hatred.

2. Duel_Master

Duel_Master Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    It says in the novel that he was plaguiess' aprrentice, by the way i don't know how to speell that name

3. Veraden

Veraden Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    imperial_march2005, that would be midichlorians. ;)

Edit: Yes, Plagueis was the master of Darth Sidious.

4. MrGeek

MrGeek Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    Did anyone catch the Millenium Falcon-type ship?

I didn't pay close attention to the crash scene.

5. clonetrooper1

clonetrooper1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2005
    luminara unduli was meant to be shot in the head 3 times by clones but was not shown why? thats my question for now

6. hairybuffalo

hairybuffalo Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    My thoughts on why Luke and Leia aren't trained from birth.

When Obi-wan is on the death star Vader can sense him. It is reasonable to think that the same would be true of luke and leia if they had been trained to use the force... as it is true once luke begins his training. Immediatly following the clone wars the Empire will be searching the galaxy for any remaining jedi and killing them. There are probably a few left since Obi-wan changes the coded signal to warn them in ROTS. This is probably what Vader does between episodes 3 and 4. Yoda and Obi-wan are probably afraid of being caught themselves for this reason and wouldn't want to put all of their eggs in one basket by training the kids too. Instead they lay low as long as possible and then train them when the time is right.

7. dx619

dx619 Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    I saw the question asked a few pages back as to what Padme's last line was. The first time i saw the movie, i couldn't understand what she said. I saw it again yesterday and heard it perfectly:

"There's good in him.....There's....still..." (Dies)

It's pretty powerful, and all in all, i love this movie!

8. Tedakin

Tedakin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    I was confused by Obi-Wan taking off too. For a moment I seriously thought he had taken off, then was watching himself... and I thought there was gonna be some big "Obi-Wan's been cloned" revelation and the clone was the one watching the real Obi-Wan fly away.

9. Lord_Zeron

Lord_Zeron Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2005
    I know this seems like a really insignificant question, but I'm writing a fanfic and I'd really like to know. So here it is: What color is the laser fire of the clones' starfighters in the battle of Coruscant? If anyone noticed, please post, and thanks in advance.

:)

10. wonder_alice

wonder_alice Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Does Owen know that Luke had a sister?

Interesting question. I don't think we'll ever know the answer to it (not that it's of any relevance anyway...), but personally, I like to think he did. Owen and Beru (especially Beru) must have taken their responsibility of raising Luke very seriously. They had to make him into a young man that would never become like his father. They must have thought it was best to keep mum about everything however weakly linked to Darth Vader.

11. Lord_Zeron

Mar 19, 2005
    Did they ever say who eraced Kamino? Was it Dooku?

Yes, I believe it was mentioned in "Labrynth of Evil" that Dooku erased Kamino right before leaving the order.

Did Vader really kill Padme?

I don't think so. That was probably just Sideous trying to make Vader think that he was his only remaining friend. If he would've said, "She's probably dead, but there's a 1 is 7,977,376 chance that she lived and Obi-Wan took her away," then Vader would've done anything to find her, and would've been to busy and distracted to carry out the Emperor's will.

How is it that people are so mad about Leia remembering her mother?!

I agree. She was either remembering Bail Organa's wife (unlikely since she probably knows she was adopted) or they were images her own brain made up to fill the voice. Or, a third possibility, is that Bail could've shown her pictures of her mother at a young age, but decide to stop when she got older.

Does Bail Organa get elected King or something years later to make Leia a princess?

No, he's married to the "Queen" though, who is the daughter of Bail Antillies, Organa's predicessor in the senate (Captain Typho says it in Episode 1 when he's listing candidates for the Chancellor). I think that the males of the royal family of Alderaan are always Senators, and the females are the planet leaders.

When does Owen hear about Anakin becoming pure dag-nasty evil?

Either Obi-Wan tells him, or he hears it on the HoloNet if it becomes public knowledge.

How in the world does he not notice that the little blue R2 is the same one that belonged to his brother's girlfriend? Or does he?

After 22 years, I doubt he even remembers padme, let alone her droid.

12. Uric-Qel-Droma

Uric-Qel-Droma Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    What color is the laser fire of the clones' starfighters in the battle of Coruscant?

im pretty sure it was blue.

13. PalpatineSucksAtLife

PalpatineSucksAtLife Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    I thought the music in the movie was pretty cool so I bought the soundtrack. After doing so, I noticed that one of my favorite songs/themes from the movie was not on the CD. It's the music that is played when the droid army is beginning their attack on the all the Wookies on Kayyshak (sp). In my opinion, probably the best big battle song in the entire saga. Anyways, anybody know the song I am talking about and if so - does it have a name or a place where I can find it. I think I've also heard it a couple times on the game too.

14. ggiandonato

ggiandonato Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    -What's the deal with Obi-Wan taking off from Utapau and then watching himself take off??

He told the droid to take off while he hid in the hanger

-What's the deal with Leia remembering Padme and Luke not?

She has a much better memory then Luke. Perhaps Bail showed her some holos of Padme at one point?

-Why did Obi-Wan just watch Anakin suffer and burst into flame without doing anything...they're like brothers after all?

I was more surprised that he didn't finish him off. (I know, I know - 4, 5 & 6.)

-Why didn't Owen come to greet Obi-Wan?

Perhaps he was breaking wind? Who knows. Who cares.

-Where was Mon Mothma?

Not in this movie.

-Where was Lucas?

In the theater. His daughters can be seen early in the film when the Senators greet Anakin. Lucas' son is the little Jedi dude that almost escapes to Bail's speeder.

15. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    jaguaro posted on 5/21/05 12:04pm
    Alright, here's a question nobody has thought of yet:

In Episode 2, when Count Dooku has Obi Wan held captive, he says that the Viceroy came to him after Sideous betrayed him. But in Episode 3, we see the Viceroy taking orders from him.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    [hr][/blockquote]

dooku was just toying with obiwan ;)

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=sithbiker][b]sithbiker[/b][/link] [b]posted on 5/21/05 12:06pm[/b][hr] I think it's a bit of a stretch to think padme would give up on her children so easily. Ok, she's grieving, but I can't see anyone with new born children wanting to leave them to 2fend for themselves2, so to speak.
    [hr][/blockquote]
    I agree. thats why I still have a problem with that scene

-Mel

16. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    Are they gonna show Yoda going to Degobah or mention it in the dvd along with the cut MM scenes?

17. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Does Vader ever find out he didn't kill Padme?

18. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    I think its enough that we know he goes into exile. later in ESB we find out where exactly he went

-Mel

19. Rylis

Rylis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2004
    This is kinda not a question, but i couldn't find anywhere else to ask it. Was anyone else actually beginning to believe Palpatine about the Jedi being not as honorable as everyone thought. The way Ian played the part was extraordinary, and I caught myself believing him, especially when Anakin was yelling at Mace about the Jedi's Code and Mace was ignoring it. Anyone else feel like this?

20. Jedi_coder

Jedi_coder Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Why are the separatists back in league with Sidious??? In E2 Dooku says they came to him after Sidious betrayed the federation. I was under the impression that the separatists didn't know Dooku and Grievious were being instructed by Sidious. What do you think?

21. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    How does Yoda know that Anakin's sith name is Darth Vader before everyone else does?

22. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    But Dooku and Sidious were working together without everyone's knowledge. Sidious made it look like he was captured by Grevious and Dooku, only later to use this as a tactic to get Anakin to kill Dooku, and lure him to the Dark Side.

With Dooku gone, I suspect that Sidious told the seperatist leaders to stay on Mustafar where they would supposedly be safe.

23. Allyjw007

Allyjw007 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2002
    About Leia remembering Padmé: my take on it is that Lucas is now regretting ever putting that in Episode VI because it would've caused Ep. III to drag out for years because Leia would have to be sufficiently old enough to remember her. However, he decided instead to just have her die right off the bat. Episode VI was written years ago, when he didn't even know if he was gonna make the prequels. He probably never thought it through then.

About Darth Plagus: I also got the impression that Palpatine was his apprentice! However, I think the stuff about him "stopping people from dying" is something he made up to trick Anakin.

Padmé dying of a broken heart: Am I the only one who thought that maybe something else was suggested by her death other than she just "died of a broken heart"? I think the movie hinted that her and Anakin were possibly connected in the Force. They said that she was in perfect health but she was for some reason dying, which was at the same time that Anakin was burned. She died just as Vader was taking his first breath. And if you believe that Anakin died as Vader was born, then maybe Padmé (being connected to Anakin) died along with him.

Obi-Wan's "amnesia": I think you can see in Episode IV (as others have already mentioned) that he recognizes the droids, by calling R2 his "little friend" and by the look on his face. Also, simply saying that Luke was their only hope doesn't mean he didn't know about Leia. He could have just thought that Luke was the only one who could defeat Vader, sicne Leia doesn't seem to be the type who would go for training to become a Jedi. Yoda then reminded him that Leia was there and perhaps they shouldn't count her out. You gotta wonder how Vader must've felt seeing C3P0 and R2 in the Original Trilogy.

Here's a question: Is Sidious all-knowing? I mean, in Episode III, he seemed to know everything about everyone. He knew right away that the Jedi had told Anakin to spy on him. He also knew that Padmé had died. Unless I forgot a scene somewhere (I've only seen it once), no one ever told Palpatine that she died. Or that Anakin had choked her, for that matter. And yet he knew about both things in sufficient detail as to throw one more lie to Vader to completely suck him in.

24. Lord_Zeron

Mar 19, 2005
    How does Yoda know that Anakin's sith name is Darth Vader before everyone else does?

Sidious/Palpatine calls him Darth Vader in the security recording.

Why are the separatists back in league with Sidious???

I was wondering about this too. I don't think Gunray knew about Sideous until after Episode II, and by then it was too late to withdraw. Even if he did surrender to the Republic, he would never withstand trail, exspecially since he knew that Sidious controlls the Senate.

Does Vader ever find out he didn't kill Padme?

I don't think so, it wouldn't make much difference if he did. Actually, he sort of did kill Padme, since it was because of him that she lost the will to live.

Anyone else feel like this?

I did a little bit. According to the Jedi Code, anyone can be reedemed, so Mace should've tried to execute Sidious without a trial. But I, personally, don't see anything wrong with that since, as Mace says, Palpatine controls both the Courts and the Senate.

25. vikingjedi1

vikingjedi1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2001
    Here are the questions I had, maybe somebody can answer them (copied and pasted):

1) The battle sequences don't make sense:

Dooku defeats Obi-wan

Anakin defeats Dooku

Obi-wan defeats Anakin later on

Mace Windu defeats the Emperor

The Emperor has a stalemate with Yoda later on

I thought Yoda and Anakin were the two most powerful Jedi? Yet Obi-wan defeats Anakin, and Yoda can't beat the Emperor who lost to Mace earlier in the film. Makes no sense.

2) The scene where Mace is about to finish off the Emperor and then Anakin interferes and chops off his hand, which helps the Emperor kill Mace.

Anakin says "What have I done" and sits in the chair. 30 seconds later he gets on his knees and pledges his loyalty to the Emperor.....HUH?!!

3) Time problems - How does Anakin go from being a loyal Jedi to an evil monster in the matter of a few days?

4) Why does Vader still follow the Emperor after he is told that his actions caused Padme' to die? The whole reason he turns to the darkside is because he feels he can keep Padme' from dying.

5) Who is Sifo-dyas? Its never answered.

6) Why does Dooku get slaughtered so early? He was a huge part of AOTC yet he's meaningless in this one.

7) General Grevious is supposed to be scary? He lasts maybe half of the film. Why is he so important?

8) Where was Boba Fett? No mention of him at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.