main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

questions regarding vergere and the Vong

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi_Matt, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    last time i wrote this i accidentally closed the window before i could post it. now i can finally be bothered to write it up again.

according to WOTC, Vergere doesn't have the feat/skill/force feat "Sever Force"; how is it then that she seems to do this to Jacen in Traitor?

This then sparked up something else inside my head. Could the Vong be outside the Force because they've had the power 'sever force' used on them?

Shimmra could have done it because the info relayed to him by Nom Anor pointed to Jedi strength, one way to remove that advantage would be to sever everyone's connection to the Force. The Vong, being the fanatical nasty guys they are would surely have enough Dark Side Points for this to be done.

They couldn't call upon the dark side anyway because they're so fanatical about their own religion, the force just wouldnt exist to them. So countering sever force in the way Callista did would be impossible.

i know this isn't how its worked, because shimmra could influence the Vong in DW, ie; how he made nom feel, just found it interesting was all.

2. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I'm not sure what to tell you about Sever Force from WOTC, someone else will probably answer that.

It's possible maybe that they were outside of the Force from Sever Force, but it would have to be earlier than you're thinking. Since they couldn't be sensed in the Force right when they came into the Galaxy, that means that it had to have been like that for a while before. It most likely has something to do with that gene that was isolated in DW. Their genetics was probably altered way back, and it keeps them away from the Force.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.