main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

QUESTIONS YOU CAN'T ASK THE LFL JEDI COUNCIL

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthCassP, Jul 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCassP

DarthCassP Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2002
    After sending I don't know how many questions to the LFL Jedi Council - and not getting answers - I thought I'd start this tread ...

So here are a few questions LFL certainly won't try and clear up! These are just a couple I tought of lately, but more are sure to follow as they come back to me!

Feel free to add your own!!

:

- If staying hidden from the Emperor's Great Purge was so impportant, why did Ben Kenobi walk around in Jedi robes on Tatooine (ANH)?

- If Luke Skywalker's location was to be kept secret, why not give him an alias (ANH)?

- If, prior to TPM, the Sith had been extinct for a thousand years, why was there a need to find «balance» in the Force?

- How warm can the belly of a space slug be to allow Han, Chewie and Leia to walk around in it without a space suit? (ESB)

2. onehalfofdarthmaul

onehalfofdarthmaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    AOTC-

How can Obi-Wan bring Jango back for questioning when there's only room for 1 in the jedi starfighter?

3. DarthCassP

Jul 19, 2002
    - If Threepio once lived at the Lars Homestead (AOTC), how come Owen did not recognize him at the auction? (ANH)

4. cal_silverstar

cal_silverstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Why in ROTJ when the Imperials have the Rebels at gunpoint in the shield bunker at least twice, don't they just kill them? (Well, besides ending the story on a down note.) If I had Han and Leia trapped, I'd just blast them!

5. onehalfofdarthmaul

onehalfofdarthmaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    In the TPM why does Qui-Gon say they need Jar Jar as a navigater to get through the planet's core when he says while their travelling through it that "the force will guide us"?

6. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    In ROTJ, why is Han's frozen shirt:
    [image=http://www.ianandgis.clara.net/files/jedi_6.jpg]
    COMPLETELY different from his thawed shirt:
    [image=http://www.ianandgis.clara.net/files/jedi_7.jpg]

? ? ? ? ?

What's that all about then?

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

7. DarthCassP

Jul 19, 2002
    - (AOTC) If tere aren't enough Jedis to protect the Republic, why not rethink this whole «A Jedi Shall Not Marry» thing and start breeding more of the damned things? (and thus avoiding a major tantrum by their most temperamental padawans?)

8. Slave-2

Slave-2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2002
    Why is it that when Qui Gonn fights Darth Maul on Tatooine, Obi Wan doesn't seem to sense it and has to be told that his master is in the process of kicking sith ass by a boy he has never met?

Surely that the close relationship between master and apprentice would heighten the force link between them?

9. SithGuy

SithGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2002
    Why is it that when the rebels attack the death star, they only send in about 30 or so fighters?

10. blackjack86

blackjack86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2002
    -Why can't George direct anymore?

-What's Natalie Portman like in the sack?

11. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Lame questions blackjack86. Get a life. Hey can we answer these questions or what?

12. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    very lame blackjack.

13. Jedi_Knight1988

Jedi_Knight1988 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2002
    - does Obi wan make a new saber?

-does Jar JAr die?

- why do the saber colors change? (TPM to ATOC)

14. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Why are there sound effects in space?

Why does Luke's lightsaber turn into a Nerf bat in the sailbarge sequence?

Where does George buy his flanneled shirts? (I want one)

Why does Darth Vader's suit look like it was bought at a garage sale in ANH compared to ESB and ROTJ?

How the hell does Greedo miss in the SE?

Why wasn't bullet-time used for the prequels?

What was the sound reference for the eopie fart and Jar Jar stepping in droppings in TPM?

Will we see nerfs being herded in Episode III?

If I collect more Star Wars junk than Steve Sansweet, can I have his job?

Will we see gundarks in Episode III?

Can you folks lend me some money?

15. GrayRacer

GrayRacer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    -What did the Jedi come in to get to Geonosis?

-Is there a red light district on Coruscant?

-Do lightsabers have safety buttons?

-The Jedi Code says there is no emotion then why do the Padawans care so much for their masters and vice versa?

-How small was Yoda when he was born?

-Will Mace still be one bad mutha in Ep3?

-Can I be a Jedi in the next movie?

16. DarthCassP

Jul 19, 2002
    OK, the point was to ask questions that sort of pointed out the little things that one doesn't necessarily think about until the 2nd or 3rd showing of the film. Not to poke fun of the movies - or the people involved in it (OK, Blackjack?).

Some just have no answers - while others might!

Anyways, onehalfofdarthmaul's point about the Jedi Fighter only carrying 1 passenger still has me laughing - it was so obvious I never saw it!

By the way, how come Tusken Raiders kidnap people just to keep them in their huts tied to a pole for like, a long month?

And how come Anakin waits t'il legal drinking age before FINALLY paying his mom a visit???

17. DarthCassP

Jul 19, 2002
    In Episode III, will we finally see a female Jedi that actually has a few lines?

;)

18. GrayRacer

GrayRacer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    C'mon. Blackjakcs questions were funny. I guess only me and him share that sense of humor....

Portman in the sack...lol, my friends gonna love that one.

19. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    Why, if they already have a senator in the galactic Senate, does Naboo need a "Representative" for the Gungan's?

20. DarthCassP

Jul 19, 2002
    This one actually makes sense - because Amidala is driven off because of the assassination attempts.

What I'd like to know is that if she's a senator, why wasn't she on Curoscant from the beginning... I guess they really wanted to do that awesome opening shot ! :)

21. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    What kind of underwear do they wear in SW universe?

What would a Wookiee smell like if left outside on Kamino for an hour?

Is it best to wait awhile after a Hutt has used the restroom facilities?

22. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    My answers to your questions... some are EU, some are made up. Some are Canon. They don't have to be serious, or even make sense.

- If staying hidden from the Emperor's Great Purge was so impportant, why did Ben Kenobi walk around in Jedi robes on Tatooine (ANH)?

He lived on an Outer-Rim planet that the Empire didn't care about. While it isn't smart to keep wearing your Jedi robes, #1, all the other people on Tatooine wear very similar clothing, and 2, he's a hermit... he's not seen often.

- If Luke Skywalker's location was to be kept secret, why not give him an alias (ANH)?

That would make too much sense. Or maybe the idea was to have Luke be the twin who was "out in the open", so that even if he was found by the Empire, Leia would still be safe... and the Empire would be ess likely to go looking for her.

- If, prior to TPM, the Sith had been extinct for a thousand years, why was there a need to find «balance» in the Force?

Because the Prophecy said so. And unbeknownst to the Jedi, the Sith were NOT extinct. I guess their only reason for tying to find a balance is beacuse the Prophecy said it would happen, and then they got an actual reason in TPM with the return of the Sith.

- How warm can the belly of a space slug be to allow Han, Chewie and Leia to walk around in it without a space suit? (ESB)

Apparently the Slug is a silicon-based lifeform that uses natural nuclear reactions to heat itself and stay alive. Apparently it also has an atmosphere inside itself...

How can Obi-Wan bring Jango back for questioning when there's only room for 1 in the jedi starfighter?

He could just let them interrogate Jango over the Comlink.

- If Threepio once lived at the Lars Homestead (AOTC), how come Owen did not recognize him at the auction?

There are plenty of 3PO protocol droids in the galaxy. 3PO, in the time Owen first knew him,
    was silver-colored and sort of junky. 3PO left, and got a memory wipe (in Episode 3... GL has confirmed) and came back looking totally different.

Or maybe Owen did remember 3PO, and just didn't let on.

Why in ROTJ when the Imperials have the Rebels at gunpoint in the shield bunker at least twice, don't they just kill them? (Well, besides ending the story on a down note.) If I had Han and Leia trapped, I'd just blast them!

Because they're incompetent Imperials. See also dramatic tension ;) .

In the TPM why does Qui-Gon say they need Jar Jar as a navigater to get through the planet's core when he says while their travelling through it that "the force will guide us"?

Qui-Gon didn't want Jar-Jar to "be pyoonished".

In ROTJ, why is Han's frozen shirt:

COMPLETELY different from his thawed shirt?

He fell into a different dimension inhabited by semi-sentient spotted turtles and they changed it.

- (AOTC) If tere aren't enough Jedis to protect the Republic, why not rethink this whole «A Jedi Shall Not Marry» thing and start breeding more of the damned things? (and thus avoiding a major tantrum by their most temperamental padawans?)

Because it's against the Code (gotta love circular logic :D )

Why is it that when Qui Gonn fights Darth Maul on Tatooine, Obi Wan doesn't seem to sense it and has to be told that his master is in the process of kicking sith ass by a boy he has never met?

Obi-Wan probably did sense it. He did say "Over there, fly low" so quickly after Anakin that it sounds like one sentence: "Qui-Gon's in trouble over there, fly low!"

Why is it that when the rebels attack the death star, they only send in about 30 or so fighters?

They don't have to many more than that. Or they figure that 30 fighters can do the job.

-Why can't George direct anymore?

Seems to me he directed Episodes 1 and 2 recently...

-What's Natalie Portman like in the sack?

She's pretty good. ;)

- does Obi wan make a new saber?

Yes.

-does Jar JAr die?

Wait till Episode 3.

- why do the s

23. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    "If, prior to TPM, the Sith had been extinct for a thousand years, why was there a need to find «balance» in the Force?"

The Force is an energy field that encompasses ALL LIVING THINGS. There was a lot of corruption and greed and treachery and general evil in the galaxy, one doesn't have to be a Sith to upset the balance.

"If Threepio once lived at the Lars Homestead (AOTC), how come Owen did not recognize him at the auction? (ANH)"

Ignoring, for just a moment, the fact that every single protocol droid looks basically the same, 3PO was made out of junk in Episode II, whereas he was shiney gold in Episode IV. Now, going back to that fact we ignored - millions of protocol droids look basically exactly the same. Why would he recongize him?

"In the TPM why does Qui-Gon say they need Jar Jar as a navigater to get through the planet's core when he says while their travelling through it that "the force will guide us"?"

You think Jedi Masters aren't allowed to make up excuses? ;)

"Why is it that when Qui Gonn fights Darth Maul on Tatooine, Obi Wan doesn't seem to sense it and has to be told that his master is in the process of kicking sith ass by a boy he has never met?"

Because Jedi aren't perfect? ;)

"Why is it that when the rebels attack the death star, they only send in about 30 or so fighters?"

Because they're a low-budget rag-tag group. Why else?

"Why does Darth Vader's suit look like it was bought at a garage sale in ANH compared to ESB and ROTJ?"

Two reasons: 1) It's a movie ;). 2) Special effects budget ;)

"What did the Jedi come in to get to Geonosis?"

A ship... I hope ;)

"Is there a red light district on Coruscant?"

Yes.

"The Jedi Code says there is no emotion then why do the Padawans care so much for their masters and vice versa?"

Well, I hate the reference the EU in a movie forum, but this was explained very logically in an EU source that the Jedi were not supposed to allow their emotions to control them. They have them, but they don't let them control them.

"What would a Wookiee smell like if left outside on Kamino for an hour?"

A Wookie that has been left outside on Kamino for an hour ;).

"Is it best to wait awhile after a Hutt has used the restroom facilities?"

Depends upon how long you want to live ;).

24. DarthCassP

Jul 19, 2002
    Good job on these answers, Thrawn!

«Jocasta Nu had lines in Ep. 2»

Hum... OK, ,which one was that?

OK then, how about a whole paragraph? ;)

25. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    "If a system is not in our achive, it does not exist!"

^ Jocasta Nu

I wish Aayla had some lines or something, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.