main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Questions you have after watching TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheReal_Rebel, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laserbrain

laserbrain Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2013
    I wondered about the Fin part too

2. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    If Snoke is Plageius..does Kylo know?

3. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    1) If there is a loom in the Jedi temple and sheep-like animals, he made it himself. But I suppose we are all supposed to run out and buy TFA Visual dictionary to find out.

2) Fish? ;-)

4. TheReal_Rebel

Sep 17, 2015

5. TheReal_Rebel

Sep 17, 2015
    Thanks!

6. Steve1988

Steve1988 Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2015
    At the end of the movie when kilo ren & rey are fighting he says he could teach her the ways of the force. She pauses then closes her eyes and uses the force to ultimately out-duel kilo ren & escape. When she first pause was she considering joining the dark side? Am i the only one who thinks this?

7. TheReal_Rebel

Sep 17, 2015
    I think she was afraid but calmed down and was remembering her training. That's how I interpeted it, but I think she was on her way to the DS and might have killed Kylo if the ground hadn't separated them.

8. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Curious why Ben/Kylo seemed to direct his anger and hate soley at his father, and not Liea too.

9. TheReal_Rebel

Sep 17, 2015
    I haven't finished reading the novelization yet but there is a general feeling, something Han was trying to convey to his son, that he was being manipulated by Snoke.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks that is weakest DL name ever? It can't be the Supreme leaders real name, can it?

Because Leia wasn't there. Kylo told Rey, "You think he is the father you never had? He will only disappoint you."

So from Kylo's POV, something happened between himself and his father Han

MeBeJedi likes this.
  10. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    Why are they making such a big deal over Anakin's old lightsaber . . . the one that Luke had used for three years and lost on Bespin? It's not even Anakin's first lightsaber.

11. mfastx

mfastx Jedi Knight star 1

May 2, 2015
    How the hell did they see Hosnian blow up from Maz's planet? That will likely never be answered lol

Some questions that hopefully will be answered in the coming films:

1) who is Lor Tekka?
    2) More explanation on the state of the galaxy? Are we basically where we were at the end of ANH now? (no republic, first order weapon blown up, just a band of rebels)
    3) how did rey become an expert user of the force instantaneously?

And a general question about the direction of the franchise:

Is it off limits to have anything from the prequels in this film? Is that why they made up that "capital rotating between different systems" bs?

JediKnightYJK likes this.
  12. TheReal_Rebel

Sep 17, 2015
    On one level it symbolizes power who's power is pure and selfless. I suppose for Kylo it symbolizes a connection to his grandfather.

It might also be a longing for Kylo to return to who he was before he came under Snoke's influence. It's not conscious, on his part, all he knows is he wants it.

A reviewer on @HitFix did say he thought the destruction of what he thought was Coruscant, but was
    actually Hoisin Prime (according to Hildago's TFA Visual Dictionary) that it was JJ and Kasdan literally blowing up the prequels.

However, all the movies, the Clone Wars animated TV series, Rebels, Comics books etc,m anything after Disney bought Lucasfilm is Canon. And the EU, now called Legends, can be used by Disney/Lucasfilm.

13. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Was Jar Jar Binks on Hoisin Prime?

MeBeJedi and JediKnightYJK like this.
  14. TheReal_Rebel

Sep 17, 2015
    I didn't see him.

If you see him there, let us know ;-)

15. avasatu

avasatu Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    Who is Rey?
    Who is Snoke?
    How powerful relative to Sidious can Ren/Snoke become?
    Who is Maz, really?
    Will Finn be force sensitive?

16. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    why did C 3PO look plastic instead of metal

17. Sanudorm

Sanudorm Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2015
    John Boyega and Daisy Ridley are both British. Why was she allowed to speak with her British accent while Boyega used an America accent? Or am I looking into this too deeply?

18. laserbrain

laserbrain Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2013
    i think maybe because stormtroopers have always traditionally had american accents

19. DoubleGold

DoubleGold Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    Maybe, this has been answer, but what is a Parsec, and what is the Parcel run? which of the 3 OT do I need to watch to see the Parcel run?

Daisy and Haun talk about 14 to 12 Parces with the Falcon.

20. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Any questions that are now answered, please fill in!

21. Brustar

Brustar Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2016
    I noticed it too. After seeing it twice, I'm thinking it is "Bad Robot" snuck in.

22. Zalbaar

Zalbaar Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2016
    I want to know what system Luke is in and why? Is it similar to Dagobah, IE it has a connection to the force?

23. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    When can I see it again? :)

MeBeJedi likes this.
  24. TheReal_Rebel

Sep 17, 2015
    I was wondering if it might have been unintentional. I think the person who Kylo might have been killed was Luke's wife, or a student trying to hurt Rey and Kylo was protecting her. The embers are from the new Jedi Academy being burnt by the Knights of Ren.

25. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    1. It appears that neither the Republic nor The Resistance knew about Starkiller Base before it fired.

2. No, the capital system was destroyed, and most likely a big chunk of it's leadership. But unless the whole Republic is one system, then the answer is no.

3. Poe refers to it as the "Hosnian System" and the capital planet was Hosnian Prime. So no, it wasn't Coruscant.

4. We don't know, that will most likely be addressed in future films.

5. The cast list calls him "Clan Leader." As to what that is, we also don't know. And those others were almost certainly The Knights of Ren, whom Kylo is the master of according to Snoke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.