main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Questions you have after watching TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheReal_Rebel, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I didn't go through all these pages, but I was wondering was the planet death start mobile? If no then once it used all its nearby stars power wouldn't' the planet die off too? And if it was mobile wouldn't it freeze to death as its traveling from one star to another? And of course if it wasn't mobile then wouldn't those planets that did get destroyed have been able to easily see that one of their near by planets is building a super weapon that is aimed right at them? haha

2. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Yes....Wookieepedia says it was mobile.

LOL.....strange translation. Not nearly as bad as Backstroke of the West, though. ;)

NOT SAFE FOR WORK

3. TheKoaster

TheKoaster Jedi Padawan

Jan 28, 2016
    Appreciate your input! I wasn't 100% sure it was a mistranslation since English is not my native language. So some people in Japan are speculating that Finn being on the assault mission of his hometown village must have had something to do with his breaking the conditioning. I hope the mistranslation gets fixed when the DVD/BD comes out!

Never seen Backstroke of the West. Thanks for the link, it's hilarious :D

4. MS1

MS1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Essentially the Empire was defeated by the rebellion. So why then does none of the Rebellion go on to become members of the New Republic?

And how does Luke become a myth on the very planet where the Empire see's its final defeat.

5. beetzello

beetzello Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 17, 2002
    With the ST retcon world we now live in, it seems apparent that Lor San Tekka and Maz Kanata had important background roles in regards to GFFA culture during the PT and OT periods. They have gathered interesting artifacts, met important people, and knew quite a bit about the Force. Yet here we are, with a post-TFA hangover, wondering, "How exactly is it that such sinister folks such Snoke, Hux, and Ben Solo have focused on artifacts of the Force - a map, a lightsaber - yet they seemed completely ignorant of the people who owned and gathered these artifacts?"

6. TheKoaster

TheKoaster Jedi Padawan

Jan 28, 2016
    There's one thing I noticed in TFA that I don't remember seeing in any of the previous films.
    Poe's X-wing squads are traveling in hyperspace when they receive communication from the Resistance base saying that the SKB's shields are down. So, communication between realspace and hyperspace - was this possible before?

7. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    how did the old guy at the beginning acquire the piece of the map?
    who are Rey's parents?
    How did Maz Kanata get Luke's saber?

darklordoftech I'm guessing the planet is Tython since it is the home of the original Jedi Temple(I think it's canon?)

8. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    The planet is called Ahch-to. So no Tython.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  9. ObiWanKnowsMe

Sep 7, 2015
    interesting

10. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Recently revealed. Tython is no longer canon, as far as I am aware.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  11. ObiWanKnowsMe

Sep 7, 2015
    damn, a lot of things becoming un-canonized. I always loved Tython though[face_nail_biting]it's a beautiful planet on SWToR

12. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    My question is, "What happened to Darth Vader's grandchildren?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.