main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Questions you would like to ask Lucas

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darklordoftech, Apr 13, 2018.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Are there any questions you would like to ask Lucas?

I want to ask him if Darth Bane creating the Rule of Two coincided with the "extinction" of the Sith or if the Banite Sith openly existed for some time.

2. LukeLives

LukeLives Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2018
    How many flannel shirts, do you own? And could your beard beat up chuck norris' s beard? .....and many questions about Disney's approach and direction to Star Wars.

Seagoat likes this.
  3. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 6, 2016
    Why couldn't you have insisted that a cartoon was shown before every Star Wars movie on general release in perpetuity?

I remember when short films (often a cartoon) shown before a main feature was being phased out in the late 70s and early 80s. Lucas and Spielberg both had cartoons shown before Star Wars and then ET but it quickly died after that.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  4. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    On the ANH Tantive IV film set Dave Prowse (as Vader) - according to the earlier screenplay - said that the ship "carried the crest of Alderaan". Now, these scenes were shot last and after all the Yavin IV footage with the pilot helmets etc. had been shot.

So in case that line would have survived (and been redubbed by James Earl Jones) somebody might have asked Lucas about that particular crest and I'd be curious if his answer would have been: "That's the one you see on Luke's pilot helmet (which was a gift from the princess)"

5. wobbits

wobbits Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Why couldn't Leia have been a Senator and Jedi in training? I would have loved to have seen her wield a lightsaber.

6. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    He's already answered that in the movies themselves as Yoda not only knew about the Rule of Two but very specifically said "Always two there are. No more, no less." This would make no sense if the Rule of Two were adopted in secret then the Jedi couldn't know about it. The Sith have long been adversaries that only had a master and apprentice. Bane's legacy of that rule was long known to the Jedi (as seen in the Yoda arc in TCW).

In the new canon (and the EU before that) they get it completely wrong. In the visual dictionary for TLJ they say that Sidious and Vader were the culmination of the line of Bane and the Rule of Two from one thousand years previously AFTER the Sith had vanished.

They tied the destruction of the original Sith legions to Bane and the Rule of Two being something down in secret. Which means that Bane couldn't be known for establishing it and the Jedi wouldn't know about it and after 1,000 years would expect many more than two Sith into the dozens, hundreds or thousands.

In the TPM novel Lucas actually has the larger group of Sith fall apart very quickly and the Rule of Two established by Bane went on for thousands of years by the time they vanished.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018 at 4:36 PM
    darklordoftech likes this.
  7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer Force Ghost star 6

Mar 26, 2013
    Is there any way you can buy back Star Wars?

8. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 15, 2014
    How would you do the ST?

9. Plan741

Plan741 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 22, 2015
    Ditto. What did you have planned for this segment of the series? I know it wasn't for sure a series of movies that painstakingly remind us of the films that immediately preceded them. I know there was a deliberate story in there that moved the narrative along in. So far we've got a mess with no real direction.