Questiontime visits Stockton

Discussion in 'North' started by spike_thmid, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spike_thmid Jedi Padawan

star 4

On the 1st June. Below is the link to apply for a place in the audience.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/question_time/1858613.stm

it asks if you would be willing to participate, I've said yes but I'm not too sure what I'd ask

do you think Jedi Robes would be appropriate for the occasion [face_thinking]
  2. FatBurt Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I generally avoid things like that.

I'd love to go on question time but I have a habit of bringing along a high horse when I talk politics and when I stand on my soapbox instead of sit in a chair it really annoys people.

I'm the same with religion
  3. spike_thmid Jedi Padawan

star 4
    yeh, I'm kinda the same but it should be fun. I don't know what I'd ask at the moment but on the other hand I have an opinion on everything !!

just don't get me started on religion :mad:
  4. edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ive applied for my ticket as a concerned business professional in the community.

...but litle do they know that I will turn up in Jedi robes!!!

You with me Spike? :-B
  5. jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling

star 3
    NOW THATS WORTH ATTENDING THEY HOLD IT IN THE ARC STOCKTON -
  6. edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Dave - get yer ticket booked mate now! (follow the link)

Tell them that you are an ex-astronaut or something to make sure of your place...this has to be done...

Well spotted Spike...
  7. jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ticket booked ! (before you ask spike no im not goiing in jedi robes to question time !)
  8. spike_thmid Jedi Padawan

star 4
    just had a phone call - I've got an invite for Thursdays show [face_dancing]

(feel like I've won a golden ticket)

They have also asked me to think of two potential questions to ask on the night - going have to read some 'grown-up' newspapers before Thursday !!

I'll throw it open to the board to think of some questions for me to ask........keep it clean :p

***breaking news***

I understand Dave (Jedi_Master_Booth) has also recieved a phone call, and Jase (JediEdge88) is sat by his phone with fingers crossed.
  9. FatBurt Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Do you know who is going to be on the panel yet?
  10. edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    No call for me - I was obviously too 'sickly sweet' for them...;)
  11. spike_thmid Jedi Padawan

star 4

erm...I've kinda forgotten [face_blush] I know it wasn't any 'major' politicians

should be an interesting night whoever is on the panel
  12. FatBurt Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What a great help you are [face_plain]

[face_whistling]

i'll try and think of some tonight for you.
  13. timbolton Jedi Master

star 5
    Spike no1 ;) You should ask them that now that Jedi is an "official" religion, if they will offer funding so that we can have a temple and training in all matters of the Force.

Also, we need May 4th (May the Fourth be with you :p) as an official bank holiday for the Jedi belief.
    There you go, two questions and probably some weird looks :p Even without your robes on lol :D :cool:

Get the crowd chatting "Obi! Obi!" :p
  14. jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling

star 3
  15. edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Questions to ask on the night [face_thinking]

1. Do you think we could slap an ASBO on Darth Vader? His antics with the Death Star are an appalling waste of government money and his attitude to local government staff deplourable. Our staff turnover seems to have increased considerably since he took over.

2. In the current climate of supplying troops with fully functional weaponary in the field of combat, does the honourable minister think that it wise to continue to arm the Stormtroopers, when they quite clearly cannot even aim these expensive weapons correctly?

:p
  16. FatBurt Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    real questions now then.

1. With John Prescott's recent revelations and growing opposition in the Labour party. Do we now think that he is a liability to the labour party and that Blair is doing a disservice to the country in keeping him in his high paid non job?

2. Even though official figures state that crime is decreasing, does the panel think there is an undercurrent of fear throughout the country to such an extent, that the everyday man on the street is now considering carrying a knife for protection.

3. Is it fair that due to a monumental error by management in overpricing a business aqusition, that upto 400 members of staff are now set to be axed by Vodaphone for doing THEIR jobs correctly in an attempt to save profits for already rich shareholders?

4. With the insanity of Big Brother having been unleashed on the unforetunate people of Britain, does the panel not think that this cheap tawdry television show where the unfortunate and disaffected contestants are made laughing stocks has run it's course and be pulled in light of something more educational or truely entertaining.

Hows that for you?

signed highly offended of Middleton :p
  17. jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Im sure ill think of something before the night
  18. spike_thmid Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The panel for tonight has been announced

"Question Time, the BBC's premier political programme, will be in Stockton on Tees on Thursday, 31 May, 2006.

David Dimbleby will be joined for the interactive debate by Labour MP Diane Abbot, shadow minister for housing Michael Gove MP, philosopher Alain de Botton, Assistant editor of the Times Mary Ann Sieghart.
    and film director Michael Winner"

Michael Winner !!! :mad: the guy who said you couldn't pay him to live "up north" - I must think of a question for him.

Maybe something along the line of "considering your feelings on the north of england how much money did the beeb have to pay you to drag your fat jabba like body up past the watford gap?"
  19. FatBurt Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    shadow minister for housing Michael Gove MP.

Do you not think that the extra houses being built in the South East is a foolhardy move considering there is a water shortage in the area. Considering the fact that the North has plenty of water and also development options could this not have been moved North of Watford to help benefit non londoners and bring more jobs and possible prosperity to the North?
  20. jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ive printed off my e-mail that i have to take along - ill see you there chris .

21. spike_thmid Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I've done some pondering and I've come up with 3 possible questions for tonight are as follows:

Following Michael Winner statement last year. That he wouldn't live up north even for £100m, how much did the BBC pay for Mr Winner to come past the Watford Gap?

Today John Prescott finally gave up his country retreat, Dorneywood stating the controversy it now generates "gets in the way of the job".
    My question to the panel is, what job ?

And to possibly play Devils Advocate

With the continuing increase of pollution/global warming would it not be more environmentally friendly to promote the wearing of more natural farmed furs/animal skins opposed to the wearing of man-made fabrics of which many include the use of crude oil in their production?

I wonder how that one would go down?? [face_whistling]
  22. FatBurt Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Badly

If you want an environmental one why don't you raise the question on subsidies for those who want to make their how less energy reliant and are looking at small gable windfarms (£500-1000) for day to day electricity and Solar panels (£2000-4000) for water heating and surplus use.

If we were to encourage the use of private powerplants then we would be less reliant on the national grid and imported gas etc...

The national griad actually buys surplus energy as well so we could nearly become energy neutral in our homes as the homes of the land can then help power those who are not able to be selfsufficient (high rise flats, businesses etc,...)
  23. spike_thmid Jedi Padawan

star 4
    yeh, I think it would too - but it'd be interesting to ask O:)

I was going to ask a government handouts to help people with solar panels etc, but to be honest I don't know enough about the subject (whether there is already something out there)

But speaking of windturbines I know my beloved Middlesbrough FC are installing one at the Riverside Stadium this summer & will be selling the surplus energy back to the national grid.
  24. FatBurt Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Did you enjoy yourselves then?

Why did you not ask any questions?

Spike also looked impressivley Obi Wanlish on screen as well.
  25. edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    ...didnt he just?

With his hand up in the air most of the time I thought he was trying to re-enact a lightsaber battle! How they didnt pick you for questions I dont know...

No robes guys?

Pah. Try better next time you must. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.