Saga Qui-Gon and Anakin - Prequel Trilogy Notes AU - Completed 7/2/09 (with Jedi_Linewalker as Qui-Gon)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LukeSkywalker_2001, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The character of Qui-Gon will be played by Jedi_Linewalker. The Author of each Note will be clearly labled.

Jedi_Linewalker's link can be found here:
    http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=1181942
    (Please check out his stories too )

Timeframe: From just before the start of TPM to Qui-Gon's death at the end of TPM

The quick background story of the Qui-Gon and Anakin PT Notes-

Following TPM events, Anakin has just invited Qui-Gon, Jar-Jar, Padmé, and R2-D2 into his house, and Anakin and Qui-Gon have known each other for a very short time. Having noticed Qui-Gon's lightsaber, Anakin decides to talk with Qui-Gon

And the story begins...
  2. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Author - LukeSkywalker_2001

Note 1:
    Qui-Gon sir,

Hello. I have a question to ask you. When I dropped my money to pay for the Siesel cakes, I noticed that you lifted up your shirt?.and that you had a laser sword underneath. You?re a Jedi Knight, aren?t you!!!!!!! That?s awesome! I?ve always dreamed of meeting a Jedi. I have heard so many stories about them. I want to be a Jedi Knight when I grow up.

How do you like my house?

Have you come to free us?.I don?t know why else you?d be here.

Anakin
  3. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Author - Jedi_Linewalker

Note 2
    Anakin,

You're quite observant, my young friend. It is possible that I killed a Jedi, and took his lightsaber from him, isn't it?

Ah, but I can see there's no fooling you. Yes, I'm a Jedi. Stories about them travel quite far, it seems. From what I've seen, and what you've told me, you appear to have Jedi traits. We shall be patient, and see, young Anakin.

I found your house cozy and welcoming, much as you and your mother. It was an honor to see your home. Goodness doesn't come from wealth or position or prestige, but from the heart.

Actually, no, I haven't come to free slaves. I disagree with slavery, and I detest it, but that's not the purpose that brings me to Tatooine. I'm trying to help the Queen of Naboo reach Coruscant to ask for help in defending her planet from a greedy group of individuals.

Until we speak again, Anakin,
    Qui-Gon Jinn
  4. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Note 3
    Qui-Gon,

So you are a Jedi!!!!!!! I KNEW it! I?ve always dreamed of meeting a Jedi Knight. I?ve heard lots of stories about the Jedi. Besides, I knew you couldn?t have killed a Jedi. No one can kill a Jedi!

Lightsaber? That must be what your laser sword is called. Cool. Lightsaber?I like it. Can I look at it?

What do you mean by saying from what you?ve seen, and from what I?ve said that I appear to have Jedi traits? What are Jedi traits? I thought anyone could be a Jedi. I thought that anyone who wanted to help people could be a Jedi. That?s what you do, isn?t it?

Yes, I?ve heard of Jedi! I listen to a lot of traders and pilots?.a lot of people from all over the galaxy come to Tatooine, and it?s so fun to talk to them. They tell me awesome things about Jedi. I don?t know much about you guys, but I know that you help people, and that you?re respected, and you can do cool things, and you have those laser swords?I mean lightsabers. That?s all I know, honest.

Padmé told me your ship is damaged?Well if your ship was damaged, let me help!!!!!! I can fix anything! I might be able to even build you an entire ship if you need me to.

I do know that Jedi Knights have apprentices called Padawans?.so is that girl Padmé your Padawan? She?s beautiful and I have this feeling inside me that I?m going to marry her someday.

I?m glad you like my house. It was no problem letting you and your friends stay with me. I like to help people.

What did you think of dinner? My mom tried to fix something that she thought you might like.

Have you ever seen a pod race? I?m the only human who can do it (that I know of.) It?s a lot of fun. My master makes me race sometimes. There?s a big race tomorrow, but my master decided not to enter me in it. Everyone here always bets on pod races. I guess that?s how Watto makes most of his money off of the pods.

Hey I have an idea!!!!! I built a pod?.it?s the fastest ever built. You could enter me in the pod race and I could pilot it for you. Watto doesn?t know I built it, and you could make him think it was your pod. The prize money would more than pay for the parts you need. I want to do it. Can I?

Well I want to show Padmé the droid I built her and my pod?.because I think the sandstorm?s cleared up.
    I like what you said about goodness not coming from wealth, position, or prestige, and that it comes from the heart. I agree with you.

Mom thinks that some day we will be free. I don?t know?I hope so. But if you haven?t come to free us, how will we ever be free? If you disagree with slavery, then how come you don?t do anything about it? If I were a Jedi, I?d free all the slaves everywhere in the galaxy. You?re supposed to do things like that, aren?t you?

You?re helping a Queen? And there is a greedy group trying to hurt her planet. What are you going to do about it? You?re going to Coruscant? But?but that?s the capital of the Republic, isn?t it? That?s?.amazing. I?ve never been to any other planet. Have you been to Coruscant before? What?s it like?

Anakin
  5. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Author - Jedi_Linewalker

Note 4
    Anakin,

Yes, I'm a Jedi. Not many of us make it this far out into the Rim, unless there's trouble, of course. But it was bound to happen sooner or later, yes? Anakin, my young friend, I truly wish that that were true, that no one could kill a Jedi. It can be done. We're as mortal as you are. We are capable warriors, but we are people of peace.

Yes, that's what its called. Sounds much more sophisticated, don't you think? Yes, I'll let you take a look at it, but you must be very careful. The blade will cut through almost anything, and it can take a hand or a leg off as quickly as you can blink. Great care is taken to wield one of these.

I mean simply that you have things about you, the abilities you display and describe, that say the Force is strong with you. These are Jedi traits. They can be any number of things, all usually involving an unusually strong bond with the Force. No, not everyone can become a Jedi. A Jedi's abilities flow from his ability to know and use the Force. It is this connection that gives him his power, his strength, and his skill. As you see things before they happen, and can react accordingly, giving you the appearance of very fast reflexes, for example, such things are true of the Jedi. But we do help people, yes. That's our service, and our calling.

We're considered the keepers of the peace in the galaxy and the Republic, so yes, we help people as much as possible. We're not always as respected as you may think, however, especially this far out in the Rim. Many resent our positions as "peacekeepers," thinking us some sort of militant oppression. But, by the same token, many do respect us. We have a job to do, a mission, and sometimes we must help those that don't want the help of a Jedi. As for the lightsaber feats, we can do many different things with them, most of which would seem fantastic to most.

Our hyperdrive is leaking. We need a new one. I don't think we'll need the entire ship redone, but thank you very much for the offer, my young friend. Just the hyperdrive should be sufficient. Your owner, Watto, has one, and claims to be the only dealer on the planet that does. I don't know exactly how truthful he's being, but I sense no overt deception. Your help is very welcome.

No, the young lady is a handmaiden to the Queen of Naboo. My padawan is a young gentleman named Obi-Wan Kenobi, and is back with the ship, pulling the old hyperdrive assembly out, and preparing for the new to be delivered. He's also guarding the other handmaidens, the security force, and the queen herself. Perhaps you might, at that, my young friend. She is, indeed, a lovely young girl, and I believe she'll make a very good wife one day.

Helping people is a very just and noble intention, Anakin. It shows a strength of character and a moral maturity that many lack in the galaxy today. Thank you once again.

The dinner was delicious. I've not had food cooked that way, meaning the normal, everyday way, in quite some time. Most of my meals tend to be rather quick. It was good to enjoy a "home cooked meal" for a change. Your mother is quite a good cook.

I've never heard of another human that could do it, either. Its a very popular sport on Malastare. Very fast, and very dangerous. Betting on podraces...greed can be a powerful ally. If we can come up with a way to enter you, and bet, when you win, we could gain some capital. I'd be happy to let him keep all the winnings, except for the cost of the parts we need, of course. Material wealth is ultimately worthless. The Force provides us with what we need.

As I just said earlier, I agree with you. Your idea is indeed a good one, though it presents enormous personal risk to you. I could not ask you to do such a thing, and I could not ask your mother to allow it. Its a brilliant plan, but the risk is unacceptable. I would not see you come to harm, my friend.

I'm sure she'll be delighted. Building a droid is an impress
  6. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Note 5
    Qui-Gon sir,

Oh! To think that I finally met a real live Jedi! What?s being a Jedi like? How long have you been a Jedi? What do you do?

I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later, but I can?t believe a real Jedi is staying at my house! You?re probably the best Jedi ever! Do you do a lot of fighting?

You mean people have killed Jedi before? I know that Jedi die, but I didn?t think that anyone could defeat a Jedi.

Yeah, I guess lightsaber sounds more sophisticated than laser sword, but it will take me a while to get used to the new name. Thank you! I?ve always wanted to see a lightsaber close. Maybe I could build one. How do you build one? Wow?.it?s green, and it makes a funny sound. How come people don?t use these instead of blasters? They seem a lot nicer. I like the way it swings. Can I take it a part and see if I can figure out how it works? I want to make one myself.

I don?t understand. I don?t understand this Jedi trait stuff. So, what does it mean if I have these Jedi traits, like you say I do? Does it mean that I can be like the Jedi, and do the stuff that you guys do? So this Force thing gives a Jedi power, strength, and skill? Wait?I thought everyone could see things before they happened and react accordingly. You mean not everyone can do this? If the Jedi are like this, does that mean I can be a Jedi too?

Good. I like to help people.

But how could anyone think bad things about the Jedi? You guys are awesome.

Can I learn how to use a lightsaber?

Oh?you need a new hyperdrive? I wish I would have kept that hyperdrive that I gave Watto yesterday. It was a good one?I found it in a pile of junk, and I cleaned it up and fixed it. Maybe that?s the same hyperdrive that you?re trying to buy.

Padmé told me that she was a handmaiden to the Queen of Naboo too. That?s really cool. I don?t know any queens. You mean your Padawn is on Tatooine too? Do I get to meet him? Two Jedi here! Obi-Wan is a funny name. Does he look funny too? The queen is at the ship? What does she look like?

Yes, I want to marry Padmé some day. I think she?ll be a good wife too. She?ll have to move to Tatooine though, because I?m a slave, and I can?t leave this area or I get blown up.

Yes, I think my mom is the best cook ever. I like her food.
    I?ve heard of Malastare before. Someday my Master said he would take me there to race too. You could talk about the betting stuff with my master. You could make a bet with him?I know he would go for it. Yeah, material wealth is worthless because rich people on Tatooine aren?t happy either. They just want more and more. I don?t understand.

I don?t care about the risk to me. I love racing?it?s fun. My mom doesn?t like it when I race, but I feel so free when I do it?and it?s?it?s like what you told me about seeing stuff before they happen?it?s fun to do that, to go really fast, and barely miss jagged edges?and?and?I love it! Besides that, it will help Padmé.

Please, please, please, can I race? How else are you going to get the money? What about the queen and those greedy people you told me about? Of course?Padmé would be stuck here with me, J but I know that she doesn?t want to be here.

I love building things. I like the challenge. It?s not easy, but it?s fun!

Does a dictatorship always have to be bad? Couldn?t there be a good dictatorship? If you were the leader of my planet, I know you would be a good leader. You could bring Tatooine back into the Republic. No one seems to be doing anything about the slavery here though. I know it?s not in your Republic, but couldn?t the Republic help us? If you guys are against slavery, couldn?t you?.help us? I guess I understand why you and Obi-Wan can free us now?kind of?but I don?t really understand?.

The queen?s people are dying? Then I have to help! Please? If time is of the essence, let me race, and I can get you the money tomorrow, and the people on Padmé?s planet won?t die. She told me she was from Naboo
  7. Anakin_Heartbreaker Force Ghost

star 4
    I love this! Wonderful interaction between Qui-Gon and Anakin! :)
  8. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Anakin_Heartbreaker,

Aw, thank you :) So you have found this one as well :)

I'm glad that you are enjoying this! :)
  9. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Author - Jedi_Linewalker

Note 6
    Anakin,

Being a Jedi, my young friend, is much like being anything else. It takes a committment and dedication, hard work, and adhering to beliefs and ways of doing things that are beneficial to all. There's much more to it than that, but that's it, in a nutshell. I've been training all of my life. I was brought to the Temple as a baby, only a few months old. I've lived and trained there ever since. I usually serve as a teacher, guiding younger Jedi along the path, and undertaking missions like negotiating for peace between Naboo and the Trade Federation, and for protecting people, like the queen I spoke of.

I'm only a man, like any other. The main difference is that my ally is the living Force. It guides me, and follows me, and directs what needs to be done. As for the best, I have to chuckle, my young friend....for I'm in opposition to many Jedi's thoughts, especially of those on the Council. Their opinions and mine don't always coincide. I'm seen somewhat as a "maverick," and some consider me to be quite damaging, while others consider me to be "refreshing." I do far more fighting than I wish to do. A Jedi learns to fight so they don't have to. Sometimes, however, circumstances dictate that that's the only possible way out of a situation, and towards a better one where calm and peace can rule.

It has happened, yes. It doesn't happen often, but it can, and does happen. We are as mortal as any other. Defeat can be achieved either honorably and fairly, or dishonorably and underhandedly. Most of those that have managed to kill a Jedi have done so dishonorably and underhandedly.

That's quite alight. It is but a name. If you are to be trained as a Jedi, you'll have to build one, eventually. That's one of the tests that you must pass to become a Knight. There are many ways to build one. Generally speaking, they take a power cell, some sort of casing, a switching mechanism, some special crystals, and an emitter. People don't use these because of the amount of training and skill it requires to use one. Without being properly trained, you can easily cut off one of your own limbs, say an arm, or a leg, as you can to strike an opponent. They are a lot more civilized, yes. I'm afraid I can't let you take it apart, but not to worry, Anakin, soon, you'll be well on your way to learning to build your own.

A Jedi trait is simply a characteristic that Jedi usually have that most other people usually don't. Having an unusual amount of Jedi traits generally means that the Force is strong with you, and that you should be trained in how to use it. That would mean you could do the stuff that we do, yes. It can, yes. No, everyone can't. You could be a Jedi, yes, with training.

Helping people is a good thing. You've got a good heart, Anakin. It does you credit.

People can think or say bad things about anyone or anything. Its simply in people's nature to be that way, well, some people anyway. Not everyone feels that way, of course. Many feel as you do. But there are also those that don't. What you feel should always be your decision. It can be influenced by another's thought, but ultimately, it should be your own.

Its quite possibly the one you speak of. Its for a Nubian cruiser. A J 14 I think.

Yes, the young lady is a handmaiden to the queen. A rather prestigous place to be for one so young, and a responsibility she bears well. The queen is about Padme's age. They seem to get along rather well. Yes, Obi-Wan is here. He's on the outskirts, with the ship, the queen, and her entourage. That depends on your definition of funny. He wears a padawan braid, as all padawans do, a long braid that is woven from the beginning of their training, until they are Knighted. He's human, though, and most ladies consider him mildly attractive, I think. The queen looks a lot like Padme, and the rest of her handmaidens. Dark haired, dark eyed, pleasant features...she wears the traditional makeup of Na
  10. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Note 7
    Qui-Gon,

How come you took a blood test to see if I had infections? It was just a tiny cut. My mother NEVER checks to see if I have infections when I get hurt. I don?t understand why you would go to all that trouble for just a little cut.

Thanks for trying to answer my questions.

Okay?.thanks for explaining the Jedi stuff to me?it?s all very strange to me. I?ve tried to learn as much about the Jedi as I could, but since I?m a slave and from Tatooine it?s hard to learn that much about them.

Oh?.okay??so you?re not here to free us? That stinks. Oh well?.everyone tells me that I have to wake up and realize that I?m going to be a slave for the rest of my life and that no one would want to rescue me. It?s hard to let go of dreams. Sigh?.oh well.

I hope that you can get your ship fixed.

I heard you talking about Jedi reflexes. What are Jedi reflexes? Is that the same thing you told me about earlier?the seeing stuff before it happens?

I?m just a slave anyway. Don?t worry about me?if I died it would be no big loss to anyone except my mother. I really want to do it?.for you?..but mostly for Padmé. I really like her.

I?ve been working on my pod all day. It?s almost done.

What do you think of my pod?

Of course?.I?m not going to tell anyone about you. You made yourself very clear. Why would I tell anyone anyway? If I said that you were a Jedi, no one would believe me. Everyone knows how much I?ve been wanting to meet a Jedi?so they?d think I?d be making it all up.

Okay, so Padmé is a Queen?s Handmaiden for sure!!! Wow!! She?s beautiful. Does she have a boyfriend or anything? I hope she doesn?t. I never knew handmaidens could be so beautiful?or rather any person could be that beautiful. Can you show me Jedi moves and stuff that would be neat. I?ve never seen a Jedi in action before.

Wow?I can hardly believe that I am actually talking to a Jedi. Um?.wow?.I have some more questions for you. How do Jedi train? How do you find them? How do you know who can and can?t be a Jedi? How many Jedi are there? Can anyone use a lightsaber, or do they have to be Jedi?

Uh?.I guess that?s it?.for now.

I hope you don?t mind all my questions about the Jedi, but you?ll probably be the only Jedi I?ll ever meet, so I wanted to make sure that I had some answers. I always like trying to find out as much information as I can about stuff.

Oh?and one more thing?my Master Watto told me that you talked to him about letting me race and everything, and he is letting me! Thank you so much!

How old are you anyway?

If being a Jedi takes commitment and dedication, and hard work, I can do that. I promise. Just ask my master or my mom.

You?ve been training as a Jedi your entire life? Wow. You were a baby when you were brought to the Jedi Temple? Why a baby? You lived at the Jedi Temple and not at your house? Didn?t you get lonely? Did you get to see your parents a lot?

Wow?.you?re a Jedi teacher? Then can you teach me Jedi stuff? That sounds really wizard?all the stuff you do as a Jedi. You get to protect people, go on adventures and missions, and training other people, AND you don?t have to belong to anyone and you can go to other planets. I wish I was a Jedi.

Yeah?I know you?re a man. But?but?what I meant is that Jedi are amazing. You guys fight and are good?.and you?you defeat enemies and save people. What? Other Jedi don?t like you? Why? The Council? What is the Council? How are you in opposition to the Council? (Whatever the Council is). It must be some group of Jedi?but why would they be in opposition to you? Well of course you?re not going to have the same opinions as someone else?that?s what makes people unique and different, right? Why do they expect you to have the same opinion? That would be boring.

Some Jedi think you are damaging? How?

I can?t believe anyone would even WANT to kill a Jedi. Who kills Jedi? That?s stupid for them to do?and?and?it makes no sense.

You mean that you WILL train me as a Je
  11. Anakin_Heartbreaker Force Ghost

star 4
    Those last two posts were amazing! What stuck out the most was their conflicting thoughts on dictatorship! It said alot about Anakin.

I loved how Qui-Gon explained what a Jedi was and what it took to be one, excellent stuff.

Anakin was so cute, I love how is affections for Padme shone through the last post.

Excellent stuff. :)
  12. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Anakin_Heartbreaker,

Thank you for reading again, and for saying that the last two posts were amazing. I'm sure Jedi_Linewalker would share me in thanking you.

Glad you really liked the dictatorship conflicting thoughts...yes, that is one of my favorite things about the Qui-Gon and Anakin Notes too. See, this is the reason that I don't write the Notes by myself. Stuff comes up in the Notes that I don't plan for, and the characters get into really good discussions, and it's fun. I wouldn't have thought of doing that if I were playing the part of both characters.

Yes, Anakin's opinion do say a lot about Anakin and you can get a glimpse of his later opinons.

Yes, Jedi_Linewalker has done an excellent job of playing Qui-Gon. I appreciated how, as Qui-Gon, he explained what a Jedi was and what it took to be one too. That's exactly what I needed in the Qui-Gon part.

Thank you for saying that Anakin was so cute in how he showed his affections for Padmé. There will be more of that to come! :)

Thanks once again for reading. (Have on more PT Note to update, and one OT Note, and then I can finally get to reading other people's stuff, as promised. Sigh...I've had a lot of interruptions the past few days.)

13. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Author - Jedi_Linewalker

Note 8
    Anakin,

It's a standard procedure. You're in an environment where you don't have adequate access to medical care, so it was important to me, as a Jedi, that I test your blood to be sure. All it takes is for one germ to get past your defenses to multiply and start a lot of trouble.

You're very welcome for all of that. Feel free to ask what you will, my young friend. I understand your position makes it difficult. You can't learn if you don't ask, right?

That's not why we're here, no. That's not necessarily true, though, Anakin. Many things can happen quickly. I know many would wish to rescue you, and your mother. I do. I'm simply not in a position at the moment where I can.

Jedi reflexes are reflexive reactions to things that are extraordinarily fast. Like when I caught Jar Jar's tongue at dinner. Its the same thing, yes. Just the application of what you see.

No one is "just" anything. If you died, it would be more of a loss than you know. I understand your motivations. I, like your mother, am concerned for you. You are my friend, after all, right?

I think your pod is a very well put together piece of machinery. You're truly got a knack for such things, Anakin. A gift that will serve you well.

You're right. Forgive my presumption, my friend.

I don't know Padme well enough to answer that question, I'm afraid. I haven't heard her mention one. Yes, I could show you a few things. I think you'd enjoy it.

Jedi train in many different ways, it all depends on what we're developing. We have several areas we seek to develop. They're found generally by being sensed, or by exhibiting behaviors and traits that can only be through a connection with the Force. They're tested, to see how strong they are with the Force. If they're strong enough, they're trained. Anyone can pick up one, and anyone can turn one on that has a conventional switch, but having the skill to wield one is something born of many, many, many years of practice.

I don't mind at all. Learning what you can is a good thing. No need to apologize for that. About the racing, you're quite welcome. It wasn't that hard to convince him, really.

I'm 60 years old, Anakin. I imagine I look a bit younger than that?

Yes, I was brought to the Temple as a baby. Most Jedi are, or at least by the time they're 2 or 3 years old. We're brought there so young to learn to feel and know the Force better, and to be protected from the Dark Side until we're old enough to understand the differences. No, I didn't live with my parents at all. Sometimes it could get lonely, but there were other Jedi children about. I got to see them pretty often, when they were able, yes.

Yes, I'm a Jedi Master, which means I'm a senior teacher of the Jedi Arts. I can, yes, if you're able to learn it, and it appears that you would be. Its rewarding work, yes. I rather enjoy it, when its not because of someone being in mortal danger. Perhaps you will be. One never knows. The future is always in motion, and always uncertain.

I wouldn't say "don't like me," that's rather strong. Our opinions about how the Jedi Code works, and a few other things, are in a bit of conflict. The Council is a group of Jedi that work together to help guide the Jedi as a whole, and determine the policies and directions in which we will go. They make the rules, you could say. My viewpoints often are entirely different than those of the Council. You're right, a person's individuality is what makes them unique, yet rules are like laws, they're intended for the good of everyone. Unfortunately, not all rules are good, or always good, and those that made them sometimes can't see that. Some think I am damaging in the respect that I seem to inspire other Jedi to take a similar stance to mine, and thereby "undermine" the authority of the Council. You can look at it either way, I suppose. I follow my feelings.

There are those that do, unfortunately. Many people, if they
  14. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Note 9
    Qui-Gon,

I?ve gotten tons of cuts before and none have them have ever been life threatening. I just don?t understand why you went to all that trouble. Besides that, my doctor said that I have a good immune system. Of course I get sick like everyone else. I don?t get sick THAT often from germs. I just got over some kind of lung infection or something. The only thing that gets me sick very often is asthma. Do Jedi always test people?s in an environment where you don?t think I have access to medical care easily (which is true)?

I?m glad that you understand that I need to ask questions. A lot of people don?t. I really want to learn, especially about Jedi.

Why would the Council even care about me or the other slaves? You?ve never cared before, so why would you care now? I?m sure the Council has more important to do than to free slaves. It was just my stupid dream?.I?m realizing what reality really is. It?s hard to let go of all your hopes.

Of course I can sense things before they happen. I know what you meant?.okay, and I understand what you mean about Jedi reflexes now. It?s just been so natural for me, and I thought that everyone got them, that I had a hard time understanding that only people with what you called Jedi traits get them. I had talked with a few other people about it before, and they gave me weird looks. I thought that was because it was such a common thing that they thought it was stupid to discuss?.now I know they didn?t even understand what I was talking about. I think I?ve always had this?and I?ve just gotten used to it. Is that how this Jedi stuff works? That I?m born with it? Wait?I?d HAVE to have been born with it, right? If you take babies to be trained, that means that I had to have been born with it.

I?m really glad that you?re going to let me race. I was scared that you wouldn?t let me. I know there are dangers to racing. I?ve probably raced at least 20 (or more) times in my life and I know there are a lot of dangers to racing. I?ve seen many deaths, explosions, and injuries. I KNOW what I?m getting myself into. I still think it?s fun.

Yes, yes, I?m so glad that you?re my friend. I know you?re worried about me too?because you?re a nice person, and you worry about your friends. Hey, you?ll show me Jedi moves? Awesome! I can?t wait?you can show me after the race.

Yeah, I love building and fixing mechanical stuff. It?s fun?been good at it for as long as I can remember.

Hmmm?so you haven?t heard Padmé mention a boyfriend or anything? Good.

Jedi are raised in a temple? So do Jedi families live there? That must be really neat?.I wish my mom and I lived in the Jedi temple.

I hope I can go to Coruscant some day?I want to go to all the planets in the galaxy, and some day I will! I want to be the first one to see them all! Before you said the Senate is also located on Coruscant? I don?t really care about the Senate?that?s all grown-up boring stuff.

Okay, so you find babies that exhibit behaviors that could only be through a connection to the force. What kinds of things do little babies do that have a strong connection to the force? I don?t understand how you could tell that on a little baby. All they do is cry and sleep, and eat and go to the bathroom.

How do you know if someone is strong enough to train or not? How are they tested?

I want to learn how to use a lightsaber. That would be really cool.

Wow?you?re 60? You?re right?I thought you were a little younger than that.

Why do little Jedi babies have to be protected from the Dark Side? What is the Dark Side? Hmmm?you didn?t live with your parents at all. But I?m glad that you were able to see them pretty often. Was it hard for you when they left every time they visited? Oh, so you got to play with other Jedi children, that?s neat. Did you guys have sleepovers and stuff?

How would you know for sure or not whether I?d be able to learn Jedi stuff? Maybe you can teach me Jedi things and then I can escape from slavery.

Oh?I guess I can
  15. Anakin_Heartbreaker Force Ghost

star 4
    This has to be probably the best interaction I have ever read between Qui-Gon and Anakin. Bravo on such a wonderful job! :)

Qui-Gon is very wise and carefully chooses his words. Anakin is sweet and innocent.

Two things really stuck out, the part about dictatorship and their contrasting views, and the bit about attachments.

Well done!

(I hope he wins the race)
  16. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Anakin_Heartbreaker,

Yeah, this Qui-Gon and Anakin interaction is really building now...in the movies they never say exactly how Anakin finds out about all the Jedi stuff, so I like to think of how he would find out about it

Thank you once again for your compliments/kind words.

Yes, Qui-Gon is continued to be played wonderfully by Jedi_Linewalker. I noticed that he had Qui-Gon carefully choose his words with Anakin.

Yep...not knowing much about the Sith or rest of the galaxy, and still being a little kid...Anakin is still pretty innocent about a lot of stuff. Thank you.

Yes, I thought the dictatorship and attachment parts really made this last "round" of Notes between Qui-Gon and Anakin interesting. I'm glad that you thought so too.

You'll find out next time whether or not Ankain will win :)

Thanks again for your support. It's much appreciated!
  17. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Author - Jedi_Linewalker

Note 10
    Anakin,

Things that you never suspect can be life threatening, potentially. Its not trouble to look after a friend. I'm sure you do the same with Kitster, yes? Your mother had mentioned a lung infection, and I wished to be sure you were over it. I also needed to take a midichlorian count. A high count indicates the amount of potential, as a Jedi, someone has. We normally test if possible for infections and such, yes, in unsafe environments, or where medical care is limited in availability or access.

Asking questions is a way to learn. Its important that you learn about life and about things. I understand this need, and am glad you're interested in learning of us.

The Council, like all Jedi, care about people, Anakin, slave or free. The problem is that the galaxy has billions of people, and the Council is only 13 people, and the Jedi as a total are not quite 11,000. There's only so much that can be done at one time. Making people's lives more rewarding and worthwhile is what we strive to do. But things have to be done in a certain order, a certain way, for them to work. For example, if you need fruit to make juice for 100 people tomorrow afternoon, you don't plant a fruit plant this morning to get the fruit from. Your dream is not stupid. No dream is truly "stupid," Anakin. Some may be unrealistic or fanciful, but dreams are part of who and what we are. Dreams can be hope. You should never lose hope, for if you do, there's little left to live for. Hope for a better tomorrow is what drives us through today.

Yes, you were born with the ability. Its simply become instinctive after simply using it all your life. You've developed the instincts for using and understanding the information that your senses tell you. I'm sure they do look at you oddly, because I doubt many of them would know what you were talking about indeed. Most non Force sensitive people don't consider why Jedi appear to have such faster reflexes than they do, they just assume its simply a matter of training.

Yes, there are many dangers to such a thing. Pod racing is very dangerous, but you know this. Its a shame that you've had to be exposed to such terrible things, especially at such a young age, but the knowledge of what you're doing will help you. Just remember to let your instincts guide you, and you should do well.

I'm pleased you see me as such, Anakin. You're quite the nice person yourself, you and your mother. Such openness and kindness to strangers is a thing rarely seen in this galaxy. I worry about my friends, yes, and others as well. I'll show you some things to get you started before you begin your actual training. Self control and focus are a very good set of skills to master early in training. That sounds like a fun idea.

It can be, I'm sure. Some even find it relaxing. You're quite good, from what I've seen.

She mentioned a former boyfriend recently, and I think its still former. I didn't inquire further than what she volunteered.

Most are, yes. Rare is it a Jedi's family lives with them, unless they also are Jedi. But many times they live nearby, or in some cases, the children are orphaned, and raised by the Temple entirely.

I'm sure you will, Anakin. Such a thing is a good thing to dream of. Coruscant is the capital of the Republic, so yes, the governing body, namely the Senate, is there, along with many other important groups of people and places. Politics can be a very boring thing, yes. I tend to avoid them as much as possible.

They can do many things. They can sense people and emotions, some can even levitate and bring to them things they want, like a toy, for example. Its generally little things. The telekinesis example is an extreme example, but it has happened.

Potential Jedi are tested for ability with the Force in two ways. First, their cells must have a midichlorian count higher than 7,000. Secondly, depending on the age at which they're discovered, they must pass a
  18. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Note 11
    Qui-Gon,

Yes, I would look after Kitster any time that I could. Yeah, I did have a lung infection, but I think I?m better now. So you took this midicholorian count thingy on me?so would I make a good Jedi?

I know?I know that there is a time for everything?which is basically what you were saying?yes?.I guess dreams can be hope?but it?s so hard when it seems impossible for them to ever come true. I?ll try not to give up hope?I?m just disappointed that you guys are leaving.

Oh?okay?.I guess. Hmmmm?I guess I never thought about what it would be like to not have the instinct stuff that goes with this Force thing.

All right, I won?t forget what you told me about letting my instincts guide me?as long as I live. And I?ll never forget you, Qui-Gon.

Yes, I really would like you to show me?can you come back home with me and show me? I really want to learn some stuff before you lave.

Thank you, Mr. Qui-Gon sir.

Padmé has had a former boyfriend? L Oh all right?.well they better not get back together, ever. I hope they never see each other again.

I think it would be neat to grow up in a Jedi family. I?m glad the Temple takes care of orphans like that.

It?s nice to hear about Coruscant, but I?m not going there any time soon. Sigh?

Jedi babies can do a lot of things? They can sense people and emotions?.if that?s true, how can you tell that the baby can do this? Some babies can levitate and bring to them things they want?.that?s weird. I don?t remember doing any of that when I was a baby, but I don?t remember much about being a baby. Do you think I did any of that? Or do you know if you did?

Okay?okay?I?m guessing if you say I can be trained, and you gave me a midicholorian count that I?m at least 7,000. All right?you?ve given me the first test?when do I get the small battery of tests you were talking about? I want to pass these tests too so that I can become a Jedi. I?ll be a slave Jedi, but that would be cool.

What all do I need to do in training? And how would you get me to be where I could be trained? Good?.I really want to learn the lightsaber thing?.if I can be trained as a Jedi?.I get to use one?that?s awesome!

There?s more than one species of humans? What do you mean?

Okay?I think I get it?.the Dark side is opposite of this Light Side of the Force that Jedi use. The Dark side is very powerful? But this Light Side must be just as powerful, or maybe even more powerful than the Dark Side, right? I?ve always thought that even though the bad may seem more powerful, that good can overcome evil?because things that are bad or dark cannot stand to be in the presence of something that is light?because the light would expose the darkness for what it was?and in the end, good always overcomes evil. So I don?t think that?s right?I don?t think it?s right that the Light side doesn?t yield nearly as much power. Otherwise everyone would use the Dark Side?.

I still don?t understand this attachment stuff?.oh well. I don?t understand how someone could be placed in the situation you told me about. That would be so fun to grow up around your friends?..

I?ll try not to use what I learn in anger or aggression?but I don?t understand what you mean. I haven?t been trained yet, so maybe I?ll understand once I start the training. You can?t apply this to getting angry at injustice. So I?ll have to learn what you mean about this anger and aggression thing and not using what I learn with it.

Sometimes there isn?t another choice but violence?I think?

Okay?yes?I think I can understand about being able to disagree with someone and still like and respect them?..and I know that no one is infallible. Hmmm?nice to have several Jedi on a situation, then, if not all Jedi feel the same things about the same situation. I follow my instincts too. I know?everyone has to be wrong sometimes. I?ve been wrong lots of times too.

I don?t like bounty hunters very much then. I hope that I never run into one. I think I get what you were saying, a
  19. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Author - Jedi_Linewalker

Note 12
    Anakin,

I knew that you would, and yes, you'll make an excellent Jedi, with time and training.

Yes, that's pretty much what I was saying. Such things make it hard to keep hope, yes, but they also strengthen that hope. I understand your disappointment, but there's something you should know. Remember when I told you I'd tell you what Watto meant later, when you showed up for the race? We'd made a wager, he and I, about your winning. He bet against it, I bet for it. The wager was that if I won, meaning if you won the race, you'd be freed, so you could come with us. I tried to free your mother as well, but he wouldn't have it. He said that no pod is worth two slaves. However, there may be something we can do for her once we're back on Coruscant. This isn't something I'm going to leave unfinished.

Life would be very different. Most people don't know and feel the Force as we do. They don't know of its power, or its influence. Its hard for me to imagine what its like to not know the Force, just as it is for you.

I'm glad that I could tell you something of value. Many would disagree with that statement, but your first reaction is usually the correct one.

I can show you some things on our way, yes. You'll be beginning your training soon, I'm sure, after I speak with the Council. We can catch you up to where you should be at your age, and then we can progress your training normally. You're quite welcome.

That's something I do not know, nor do I have any vision granted by the Force of it happening, or not happening. That's something only time will tell.

The Jedi try to do what's best for everyone. Everyone doesn't always agree, but that's the nature of being a living, thinking being. We're each entitled to our own view. Agreements are often compromises. Don't be too discouraged, my young friend. You'll be there before you know it.

Most things are observable, in some fashion. For example, to know one is strong with the Force, when they use it, it creates a "ripple" in the force, sort of like throwing a rock into water. You have to learn to quieten your mind, and feel things through the Force to notice it. Everyone has a unique signature, or "vibration" in the Force, and with practice, you can learn to sense who's near you without ever seeing or hearing them. Its like tapping a force field with a spanner, and seeing the little arcs of power shooting about it. I don't know if you did or not. Not all Force sensitive babies do this, but it is quite common. Its very possible that you did.

Your midichlorian count is considerably higher. Its higher than my own, for example. The tests come along as you progress in your training. I've no doubts that you'll pass them.

In training, you'll learn how to commune with the Force, and how to let it guide you, and how to use it correctly, for the good and benefit of all. The physical part of it includes lightsaber training, as well as rigorous fitness training, and conditioning. We'll just have to teach you in a short amount of time what most Jedi children learn from infancy until they're your age.

Yes, there are several species of human. There are humans that are native to Coruscant, those that are native to Corellia, Alderaan, Kuat, and several other worlds. They're almost completely alike, except for a few very very small genetic differences. Their blood and organs tend to be universally compatible for emergency surgeries and the like, for the most part, with the very rare odd one, now and then.

You've got it mostly correct, yes. The Light Side is also powerful, but how they're used and how they work are different. The Dark Side is easier to call on, quicker to learn, because it makes use of your negative emotions and thoughts. Its easy to strike someone in anger, if you have no desire to control yourself, for example. The Jedi's aim is not to fight, period, if at all possible. We prefer to settle things without conflict. There are t
  20. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Note 13
    Qui-Gon,

I?m free now!! I?m finally free?.I can?t believe it?.thank you?thank you so much!

Now I get to ride on a real starship, and see another planet, and find out what trees, grass, bodies of water, ice, bridges, Coruscant?.planets??I can?t believe it.

That red thing that flew at us was scary?do you think those black droid things were connected to that THING?.that thing was ugly?..and it had a big red lightsaber?.he?s a Sith isn?t he?

Why was it after us? I?m glad you got away?..that guy scared me?.even though the fighting was neat?I?m glad that I got to see you in action?but?but?.what are we going to do about it?

I?m finally in space! So this is what it feels like to fly?..but it?s very cold in the ship. I had trouble sleeping at night, so Padmé came over to me with a blanket?.that was better, but I was still cold.

What?s going to happen when we reach Coruscant? Do I get to see the Jedi Council and everything? Can I start my training when we get there?

Thanks for telling me about the bet with Watto?.I?m really glad that you made it.

I can?t wait until my mom can come to Coruscant too?.and be free. When do you think she can be freed?I want to be a part of her being freed. I made a promise to her that I would come back and free her someday.

I?I?ve never been on my own before. I miss my mom?.a lot. She and I have been together since I was born?it was just the two of us, going through slavery and everything?.I wish she were here with us.

Tomorrow you can show me your Jedi things?.I?m tired now. It?ll probably be a few more hours until we reach Coruscant?.Coruscant seems so far away. I know a little geography, and I know that Tatooine is out pretty far.

Good?I hope I can catch up to the other Jedi my age?.is training hard? What does it involve? And one more thing that I think I told you before, but maybe it will be important to training?I have asthma?just so you know?but I should be fine. I can?t wait to learn and to train?especially the lightsaber thing.

I don?t understand this ripple thing in the Force?but maybe I will with training. It?ll take me a little while to understand all this Jedi/Force stuff?I understand what you said?it makes sense, but I don?t understand it in the same way you do. I have to figure out what it feels like?.to actually experience it and learn more of what you?re talking about?because until then I don?t think I?ll understand it.
    It?s probably like when I?m building something. I can read instructions, and I can understand them, but I don?t actually understand what it?s like to build something?or don?t understand the steps exactly until I actually am doing it for myself?.

Let me get this straight, my midicholrian count is higher than yours? Okay?well I hope I can pass these tests?.I wish I was as confident as you. I don?t really like tests.

Well, are you SURE that there are several ?species? of humans? Are you sure it?s not just a variety thing?or?I don?t know?because I didn?t think that things that were different species could have children. If there really are different species of humans, doesn?t that mean that you could only marry and have children with another human that was your species? Oh no?what if Padmé is a different species. Are Padmé and me the same species?

No?the Dark Side must be real and it must still be dangerous, if what you said about it is true. But Qui-Gon?I still don?t understand all this Dark Side stuff?probably won?t until I start my training. At least you told me about it?so I know what it is. I can understand a little about it, and I?ll probably understand more about it as I get older. I can understand that the Dark Side might offer evil things that aren?t part of the good side?but that doesn?t make the Dark Side better?at least I don?t think it would.

Hmmm?still don?t understand the attachment rule, but hopefully I can later.

All right?.well?.I still don?t think that anger always has to be bad?.but like you said, maybe I can understand better on
  21. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Author - Jedi_Linewalker

Note 14
    Anakin,

Yes, my friend, you're free. You're very welcome.

There is much to learn about out there in the galaxy, Anakin. I'm sure you'll come to enjoy it very much.

Its quite possible. It was, indeed. It resembled a Zabrak, a humanoid species, but with odd tattoos, or something. There's no way to be for certain. Its my belief that he is, given his abilities, and the skill with which he used them.

It could have been after us for any number of reasons. Perhaps it learned of the queen. Perhaps it wanted the ship. Most likely, though, at the moment, it may have sensed you, and wished to spirit you off to learn of your abilities. This isn't a definite, but a possibility. It certainly seems to point to that. We shall be patient. In time, what we need to know will be revealed, including how best to deal with this situation. I'll be speaking with the Council on this as well.

Your body is accustomed to very warm temperatures, Anakin. It makes sense that you'd be cold. I'm sure Padme, or someone else, will make sure you have plenty of blankets until we reach Coruscant. On Coruscant, its not as warm as Tatooine by any means, but not cold by your measure either.

You will go with me before the Council. I'll present the case of why you should be trained, and from there, it'll be determined when your training will begin, and how.

I am as well. My only regret is that I couldn't free your mother immediately, as well. But, as promised, I will do everything in my power to see her set free. I'd also like to see perhaps slavery being abolished on Tatooine. I know it isn't in the Republic, but perhaps a diplomatic solution can be reached.

I can imagine you can't. I'm not sure. I'll be working on that to ensure it is as quickly as possible. When the time comes, I'll make sure you're along to personally tell her yourself. That way, you'd be upholding your promise, and it'd show her your strength, drive and determination all over again.

I've never been where you are, because from well before I could remember, I was not constantly around my own parents. I didn't get the chance to know them in the same way that you know your mother, as early as you did. I wish she were as well. No one deserves a slave's life, especially not someone as kind as your mother.

Coruscant is over half way across the galaxy from Tatooine, so quite some time, yes. Tatooine is on the Outer Rim, near the Unexplored Space region. Coruscant is in the Core. Next inward are the Deep Core Worlds.

Training is hard, yes, or it wouldn't be training. But its nothing you can't do. Its a challenge, a challenge to your mind, spirit and body. It involves many things. There are physical exercises to keep the body supple and sharp. There are mental exercises to keep the mind strong and flowing. And of course, there are spiritual exercises to keep your spirit strong and sure. You should be fine. The oxygen content of Coruscant's air is much greater than Tatooine's. In fact, you'll probably feel a bit dizzy and lightheaded the first few hours you're there, but you'll grow accustomed to it quickly. Lightsaber training will come soon, of course.

The Force is an energy field, much like a force field. You know how you can take a rock and toss it at a force field, and it sparks, and light flickers over it from the place where the rock struck? A person who is strong in the Force's presence makes a similar reaction in the field that is the Force. Of course you don't. Greater understanding comes with time, and experience. You are a person that learns by actually performing the action. A somataform learner. You're very right, its much like building something. Just exercise patience. Everything will come in time.

Your midichlorian count is higher than mine, yes. As Jedi go, I have what's considered an average count. I am where I am because I've learned to use my ability with the Force to its maximum potential, as close as I ca
  22. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Note 15
    Qui-Gon,

Yes?.I can?t believe how much stuff I have already learned. Now I have seen Coruscant and you?ve taught me a lot. I?m sure I?ll see other stuff on other planets and learn more and more.

I wish I could have gone to the Jedi Temple with you and Obi-Wan as soon as we landed on Coruscant, but you told me I had to go with Padmé and the others?I?m not allowed to go to the Jedi Temple yet. You have to meet with the Council first?.How much longer do I have to wait?

Are you almost done?I?m being baby-sat by Sabe, and I don?t like it very much. No one in the building is allowing me to go anywhere, and I really want to. Padmé?s not around either. I wish she was?I looked for her, and I couldn?t find her. The Queen sent her on some kind of errand. I hope you?re done with the Council soon so that I can meet them and start my training.

I think that thing was a Sith too?it?s ugly and it reminds me of the old man in my dream. I don?t like it that that thing is on Tatooine?my mom is on Tatooine?what if that thing attacks her?

I think it was after the Queen, because you guys had to land on Tatooine, right?so maybe somehow it followed you to Tatooine. Kitster told me that he had seen those droid thingys?and we saw one on our way back. I think those droids had something to do with it. It seemed to WANT to fight with you. You think it is most likely that it sensed me? I hope not?it didn?t even really seem to look at me much?it just went for you. I ran away from it, and it didn?t chase me. But?what if that thing comes back, and really was after me? I don?t like that thing, and I hope it dies.

Let me know what the Council says about this.

I?m still a little cold on Coruscant, but I am getting a little more used to it.

I can?t wait to meet the Council?when do I get to meet them? You?ve been gone for a long time. Let me know what the Council says?and everything about that.

Thank you. It would mean a lot to me to help rescue mom. I hope my friends can comfort her so that she doesn?t get lonely. I?m going to talk to Kitster about that. You mean that you want to abolish slavery on Tatooine? That would be awesome! I want to help with that too! I don?t know what a ?diplomatic solution? is, but I want to help. I hate slavery, and I wish it could be done with forever.

Oh?.I can?t wait for training to start then. Physical and mental challenges?awesome. I love challenges. And spiritual exercises?I can grow in my faith then?awesome.

And you were right about Coruscant?.I was a little dizzy and lightheaded when we first landed?and I still am?a tiny bit. I?m better than I was?so I?ll be fine pretty soon.

Hmmm?my favorite color is blue?can my lightsaber be blue?

Okay, I understand about force fields?so I understand about this Force field thing?it?s just the same as other force fields?just another force field. I got it now. I?ll understand more about it as time goes on?.but I understand the basic concept of it now. I can learn other ways too, of course, but yes, I learn a lot from actually performing the action.

Okay?thanks for the assurances, Qui-Gon. Someday I?ll understand that stuff.

All right?I understand better about what you said about the compatible DNA thing. A Wookiee and a human could have children? That?d be weird?what would the kid look like? I?m glad Hutts and humans can?t have children?that?d be so weird and the children would look really strange. What if all the humans originated on the same place and then just moved to other planets later?? Because that would make more sense then having a bunch of humans originating on different planets. Okay?maybe I will ask someone that knows more stuff about biology or science, and see what they say too. I?m glad that humans from Tatooine and Naboo could have children together.

Well, thanks?I hope that I can learn how to avoid this Dark Side things?if it is so dangerous.

Okay?thanks. I?m glad I don?t have to worry about knowing everything about the Dark Si
  23. Anakin_Heartbreaker Force Ghost

star 4
    This was a great read!

Alot of useful information and insight into the Force senstive beings, the darkside and different species having offspring together. I highly enjoyed it!

I am glad that Anakin made and now can be trained.

Keep it up! :)
  24. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Anakin_Heartbreaker,

Thank you :)

I didn't think enough was explained to Anakin in the movies, especially in TPM, and I thought it would be nice to see how Anakin learns different things about the Jedi, so that you know where he is coming from with infromation.

After all, he would have been very curious about the Jedi anyway...asked a lot of questions, especially since he was so interested in them, and then was told that he would probably be a Jedi.

Yes....eventually.....:)

Thank you for reading!
  25. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Author - Jedi_Linewalker

Note 16
    Anakin,

There's much to learn in the galaxy, my young friend. The most important lesson to learn is that we never stop learning.

It shouldn't be much longer, Anakin. The meeting with the Council is a formality. Very little to worry over.

They're only looking out for your best interest, but I'm sure their customs are a bit different than what you're used to. Padme is a servant of the queen, in some capacity. It makes sense that she would send someone she trusts to handle a delicate matter.

I doubt it stayed on Tatooine, my young friend. There was little for it to occupy itself with once we were gone.

It was our most logical and best choice, yes. It most likely could have. It wouldn't surprise me. Such droids are used widely for covert surveillance and the like. I'm sure it did. If it was indeed a Sith, the Sith hate Jedi and will take great pains to destroy any they encounter. I'm sure it did. I was an obstacle that had to be overcome first. If it comes back, I'll not let it hurt you.

I will. And I'm sure you are. Its much cooler here than on Tatooine. However, I hope that it's not unpleasant?

There has been a great deal of discussion about several factors. This is normal when dealing with the Council.

Your mother is a good woman, Anakin, and your friends seemed to be of good character. I'm sure they'll be there for each other while you're gone. I'd very much like to, yes. I'd very much like to see it abolished everywhere in the galaxy. I'd be delighted to have your help. A diplomatic solution is one in which the opposing parties speak, and speak intelligently and calmly, and arrive at a peaceful solution to a problem.

And well you should. Challenges are what make us grow and learn. Physically, mentally and spiritually.

I thought you might be. I'm sure it'll pass in a day or two. Your body is becoming accustomed to it.

Yes, it certainly can. Since the Sith Wars and such, about a thousand years ago, the special crystals we use to make a lightsaber have come from limited sources. The Sith destroyed or corrupted most sources of the crystal. They once came in many different colors. Now, the only colors readily available are blue and green. A few of us have much more rare colors, like Master Windu, for example, who has a purple lightsaber. He was fortunate enough to find a crystal that had been taken from the planet before the corruption by the Sith.

Essentially, yes. It works much the same. Your understanding will grow in time. We all learn in many ways, but we each have a best way to learn.

I'm sure you will. With time and patience comes understanding.

They could have them, yes, but its not likely that they WOULD have them. It'd be a bit of a problem for them in each of their respective cultures, I think. None, that I know of, have been born, at least not in the last few centuries. Harder to say about beyond that. That would be a distinct possibility. In fact, one theory supposes that humans orginated on Coruscant, and then some were moved to other planets, either voluntarily or involuntarily, thousands of years ago. With the different conditions on different planets, they'd adapt, and this would change the genetic makeup of their offspring a little as time passed, making them different than humans on another planet. This is what I mean by "different species of human." There are genetic differences, but they tend to be small, overall. That would be a good idea. Once you're in the Temple, you can use the Library as well. The Jedi in charge of the Library, Jocasta Nu, will be able to help you quite a bit. An older woman with a very wide area of knowledge.

I hope that you can, too. It is very dangerous. While some things can be dangerous, but useful if used correctly, like a vibroknife, for example, the Dark Side isn't. Its evil, in its purest form. It's the direct opposite of everything that a Jedi strives to learn and become.

As I said earli
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.