Saga Qui-Gon and Padme - Prequel Trilogy Notes AU - Completed 9/30/05 (with Jedi_Linewalker as Qui-Gon)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LukeSkywalker_2001, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The character of Qui-Gon will be played by Jedi_Linewalker. The Author of each Note will be clearly labled.

Jedi_Linewalker's link can be found here:
    http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=1181942
    (Please check out his stories too )

Timeframe: From just before the start of TPM to Qui-Gon's death at the end of TPM

The quick background story of the Qui-Gon and Padmé PT Notes-

Following TPM events, Anakin has invited Qui-Gon, Jar-Jar, Padmé, and R2-D2 into his house, and Padmé wonders how long they will be stuck on Tatooine. She is impatient to continue on to Coruscant.

And the story begins...
  2. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Author - LukeSkywalker_2001

Note 1:
    Master Qui-Gon,

I have a question for you. How are we going to get the money for the parts of the ship we need? Are you going to ask that the Jedi Council send help? Yoda just wrote me and told me he would do that. What do you think?

Don?t you find Anakin to be such a funny little boy?

How long do you think we will be stuck here?

Padmé
  3. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Author - Jedi_Linewalker:

Note 2
    Padme

That's a good question. I have 20,000 credits myself that I can use, and Republic credits are worthless out here. If they send more, more of nothing is still nothing. Unless they can come up with something that will appease the Hutts, and the junk dealer, currency wise, we are left with little option.

Yes, he is, and quite the good young man, I think. In answer to your question, Anakin has volunteered to race a pod for us, to convince Watto into betting, and when he wins, we give Watto the winnings, except for the cost of parts, and we take the parts and are gone. Not my first choice for a plan, but that is what has presented itself.

Assuming the race goes well and we win, we should be leaving by tomorrow evening. If not, the time could be indeterminable.

Qui-Gon

4. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Note 3
    Qui-Gon,

You said no to the rescue team idea? How could you do that? They could have come?and if they did?..we would have been out of here by now. The Queen NEEDS to get to Coruscant. Just what do you think you are doing?

Why do you believe that Anakin should race? You?re putting his life in danger! I thought the Jedi were supposed to save lives, not destroy them.

You said that Anakin volunteered to race? How is that justification for messing up getting to Coruscant and putting a little boy?s life in danger? You have a lot of greed?you?re just putting Anakin in the race just?what?you think he can be a Jedi? So you could have proof that he should be a Jedi? That?s horrible! You know how important it is that the Queen gets to Coruscant! I cannot believe you?re doing this! You?re trusting our fate to a boy we hardly know. The Queen would not approve.

And you?re messing around with betting? I do not like this idea.

Do you know that Anakin told me he was going to marry me? How crazy is that! I am a Queen?s Handmaiden and he?s a slave! I?m 14 and he?s 9?I think. I?m from Naboo and he?s from Tatooine. What is that boy thinking?

Well we wouldn?t be stuck here if you would have agreed that the rescue team be sent to us.

And what happens if we lose?

Well, I helped Anakin get his pod ready a little, but I still don?t like him racing. He?s just a little boy.

Well, I?ve had a busy day, and I?m exhausted. I guess I will see you tomorrow.

Padmé
  5. iLoveAnakin7 Force Ghost

star 5
    I love Padme's concern for Ani, it's so sweet[face_love]

Padme always did seem annoyed with Qui-Gon in TPM. But I guess she had a right to be since her planet was on the line.

up!
  6. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    iLoveAnakin7,

Thanks for reading this :)

Yes :) Padmé is very concerned for Anakin

And yeah, she was annoyed with Qui-Gon in TPM...she wasn't used to the Jedi, and she had a hard time trusting them, I think, and yes, having her planet on the line would have made her even more apprehensive about following Qui-Gon.

:)

Thanks again for stopping by. Still updating stuff, so I haven't gotten a chance to read anyone's stories yet. I promise that as soon as I get done, I will read the one you sent.

I might not get done until tomorrow, though.
  7. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Note 4
    Padme,

Yes, I said no to the rescue team. And while that is possible, I don't feel it would be probable. Tatooine is a remote world, yes, but so is Naboo. They aren't that far apart. The Trade Federation is most certainly looking for us. If they see a large scale entourage from the Republic, like the rescue team, then they'll know where we are. Then they can come, unexpectedly, and destroy the team before it ever gets here, it would also alert the Hutts that something was going on, and then we'd have TWO enemies to contend with. It's much safer for the queen to remain silent and unseen, than to advertise that she's here.

I don't like it any more than you do. However, the boy is strong in the Force. Very strong. This is why he's able to do it at all. Any other human would have been obliterated before the first quarter of the first run. He can do this, despite the fact that its not the most desireable option. Further he wishes to do it. That's his decision, and his mother's.

I justify nothing, young handmaiden. As for the queen not approving, she trusts my judgment, and you should too. Further, she doesn't need to know. I know that sounds harsh, and I don't intend for it to. Greed has nothing to do with this, at least, not where I'm concerned. For Watto, on the other hand, it has everything to do with greed. I put him in this place because this is the will of the Force. This is the opportunity that the Force led to us. There are compromises that must be made in any situation, but I'll not risk the queen's life, or yours, or any of your people's, nor am I risking Anakin's. I see Republic rescue teams every day. I've been part of them. They are large, very visible, very prominent entourages that attract a LOT of attention. They're supposed to. Do you wish the Federation AND the Hutts after us, Padme? The Hutt who's territory we're in, at this very moment, is a very well known and very shrewd gangster named Jabba. He's also a ruthless enemy who would not hesitate to destroy us all, if that's what it took to get what he wished. And he has a very strong liking for young, attractive human females. He generally keeps them, and Twi'lek females as love slaves, which means exactly what it implies. Forced physical intimacy. Is this the fate you wish? Have you ever seen a Hutt?

The betting is simply the only way Watto will accomodate us and get into the position we need him in to effectively bargain.

He's a nine year old boy, who's developed his first crush on the first human female he's seen who's not a slave, and who happens to also be a lovely young girl. Young children like that often say such things. They're fantasies, dreams, ways that the child copes with his or her environment. Soon, things will happen, he'll grow a bit older, and he'll forget about such things. I'm not saying to humor him, merely explaining why. It's a harmless crush. Haven't you ever had a crush on an older boy?

No, we wouldn't be stuck here. Most likely, we'd be dead. Is that preferable to you?

If we lose, Anakin suffers mild disappointment which he'll recover from in a couple of days, and we'll be in the position that we're in now: no local currency, and needing to purchase a J 14 hyperdrive.

He's just a little boy, yes. Your queen is just a 14 year old girl, but she rules an entire planet. Even little boys and little girls can do great things if they try, and if the people they care about care enough to allow them to try.

Sleep well, Padme. Tomorrow is an even busier day.

Qui-Gon Jinn
  8. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Note 5
    Qui-Gon,

How can you rely on your instincts? Don?t you ever think about ethical things? Don?t you ever think of what is best for the situation? Well, why didn?t you look for other opinions? I agree the ship needs to be repaired, but a wiser move would have been to accept the Republic's offer to send the rescue team. We could have come back for the ship later. Even if the Trade Federation were to learn that we were here, do you think they would really send an army after us? They?re too busy killing and torturing the people on Naboo. Sigh?well what would the Hutts do to the Queen if they were to discover her? I guess what you said makes sense?but I still don?t like it. I still don?t think you acted in the best interest. Well I don?t know much about Republic rescue teams, I admit.

I?ve never seen a Hutt either, and no, I don?t know anything about them. However, you, as our Jedi protector, at least this is what I thought Jedi were supposed to do, would not let a Hutt touch me or anyone else that I am with.

Of course I?d rather be alive than dead. If Anakin loses the race, that means more people on Naboo will suffer and die.

Well I know it was Anakin?s idea to race, but he?s only 9 years old. Why didn?t you look out for his well-being, or rely on reason and think that it is too dangerous to put a little boy?s life in danger? And he?s never even finished a race before! He?s NEVER finished a race, Qui-Gon! How can you put all of our lives in danger? The citizens on Naboo are suffering and dying while we are stuck here jeopardizing EVERYTHING. We?re taking way too big of a risk. How could you even think of relying on a boy we hardly know, one who has never even won a race before?

There is a difference between a 9 year old and a 14 year old. Yes, the queen is 14, and that?s a lot older than 9. I?m not saying young people can?t do great things, but we are putting everything we have into the hands of a little 9 year old boy who is racing in a very dangerous race.

I think it was a mistake to have you in charge of protecting the queen. Just because you are in charge of protecting her does not mean that you make the best decisions. She doesn?t have to listen to you, you know. And HOW DO YOU KNOW SHE TRUSTS YOUR JUDGEMENT? Have you asked her? I don?t think you have. You are arrogant if you assume she trusts you. Even if she does trust you, I don?t approve.

You Jedi rely on the Force far too much. You should have left him alone and not tried to enter him into this race. It?s not fair to him. How is it your job to put his life in danger? Were you asked by the Jedi Council to look for little boys that were ?strong? in the Force, so that you can train them? I don?t know very much about the Jedi, but I do know you have a Code. Aren?t Jedi required to follow it? If so, then Anakin can?t be trained anyway. He?s already 9 years old. Even I know Jedi are taken and trained from birth. I don?t think the Council will approve.

Yes, Anakin said he?s going to marry me some day. He said it with such confidence too. He?s a cute little boy, but he?s only a little boy. I could never have a crush on a little boy?that?s just wrong. So Jedi cannot marry? That?s good. At least it saves me from little Anakin. What is the reason behind the no marriage rule anyway? I have always wondered that.

I don?t mind talking to him. He?s just a little boy anyway, and he is fun to be around, and to talk to. But I could never marry a slave. I would have to live on Tatooine if I married a slave, because the slaves get blown up if they leave their area. (Remember the transmitters inside their bodies?) I need to live on Naboo and serve my people as a handmaiden. That?s the problem I have with him being a slave. I have nothing against slaves. I was just saying that because he suggested that we would marry each other when we were older. I care for Anakin as a person?just as I care about little kids that I baby-sit. I enjoy talking with them, and I enjoy listening to what they say. Anakin is a little
  9. iLoveAnakin7 Force Ghost

star 5
    :D lol I like the convos between these two...they are always trying to second guess each other.

This is a little off topic but I always wondered why the force would have the chosen one born to a slave. That never made any sense to me. If he was such an important part of the galaxy, why put his life at risk by being born into slavery?

good job depicting character's feelings
  10. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    iLoveAnakin7,

Thank you! Thank you!

Yes...they are always second guessing each other...LOL. Padmé's first real experience with Jedi...

As an attempt to answer your question...this is by no means any "offical" opinion about your question, but this is what I think:

I don't know how familiar you are with Christianity, but according to Christian belief Jesus was born in a very lowly social state. He could have been born to a king, but instead he was born in a stable, to common parents...actually many of the people in the Bible were born into situations that usually were not the most socially respectable...and yet God used them for His purpose...this is a theme throughout the Bible. God doesn't choose people in the "best" of situations to do the most amazing things. Humans look at the outward experience, social standing, stuff that doesn't really matter, but God looks from a different perspective.

Now I think the reasoning as to why the chosen one would be born into such a lowly state is similar. Slavery is about the lowest position someone can be born into.

Having to struggle with such a situation would have also given Anakin a unique perspective, and would have certainly contributed to his character. I think this is a major reason that anyone is allowed to go through such things as hard times....because ultimately it does help us become a stronger person on the inside, refines our character

I really like stories that focus on a seemingly insignificant person from such a low social position to be so imporant...I guess because it reminds me of Jesus, and also because it shows what God is doing in my own life. I've gone through a lot, when I was in school like I was the lowest person...I was the person people would make fun of all the time, people even physically kicked me...

but because of it I have grown a lot on the inside, and my character has certainly been refined.

There's a verse in the Bible that affirms this:
    "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:3-5

Thank you for sharing your question with me. I don't mind that it was off topic. I like speculating on stuff like this too :)

Thank you. I'm sure Jedi_Linewalker would join in the thanks for your compliments about depicting character's feelings.

Thanks again for reading this! :) I hope you continue to enjoy this story. It'll continue building up :)
  11. iLoveAnakin7 Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll continue Reading:D

Thanks for your insight (I'm not too familiar with the stories of Christianity because I'm more or less agnostic as some might say, I do believe in God I just don't go to church. Not be confused with Atheist)

[face_flag] HAPPY 4TH!![face_flag]
  12. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    iLoveAnakin7,

I just thought of one more thing. As to your specific question about slavery being dangerous, and the chance of Anakin being killed...

this is going to be from my own perspective again...
    I believe that God has a purpose for everyone, but for some people His purpose is greater or bigger...and I don't believe that He will let anyone that important die until that great purpose is accomplished.

Like for example, Jesus...although threats were made on his life right after birth, God didn't allow Jesus to die, protected Him from that.

I believe the same would happen for someone in the SW universe in Anakin's position. If threats had been made on his life, the same thing...he would be protected....due to Anakin's purpose as the Chosen One...that position

And thank you for being honest with me about not being too familiar with the stories of Chrisianity. I know the official definition of agnostic...that they may believe in God, but they don't believe He can be known.

Well, if you ever have questions about Christianity, or anything, just let me know, and if I don't know the answer,I'd be happy to try to find the answer out for you. I love getting in discussions with people about it, because it is a big passion of mine.

Happy 4th to you too :)

I'll PM you when I update again.

13. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Note 6
    Padme,

I can rely on my instincts because after all is said and done, that's all you're truly left with. Your instincts are more than simply impulses. They're also the product of your belief and training. So, to answer your question, the "ethical" thing is the focus of my instincts to begin with. What's best for the situation is not always the easiest solution, or the most readily seen solution. Looking for other opinions, as you put it, is a good thing to do, when it doesn't endanger those giving the opinions from outside forces over which I have no control. It would be wiser to be taken captive by the Hutts, or the Federation, or shot and killed by either or both? You can't come back for something you don't live to leave, Padme. They wouldn't have to send an army. There are more than enough bounty hunters and assassins on this planet that they could readily hire with but a word, and there's always their ability to negotiate with the Hutts. As long as the Hutts gain a percentage, they'd be happy to accomodate them. If the Hutts were to discover the queen, they'd most likely first humilate her, then have her placed in a collar and chain, with some sort of ridiculous slave girl outfit, and chained to whichever Hutt is in charge's throne, and used for their pleasure. I understand that you don't think so. That lack of understanding of the rescue teams, how such things function, and everything else is what contributes to the fact that you can't see what I'm doing for what it is. If you were in my position, and know what I know, then you would understand my decisions. Despite what you may think, I don't go out of my way to alarm you, or to anger you, my young friend. I am trying to save the lives of everyone with us. Its not the easiest task I've ever been given, but its one I will not fail in.

Yes, I am to protect you. Yet, even so, Obi-Wan and I are two Jedi against no less than 10,000 Hutts, and perhaps a million guards, mercenaries, soldiers, bounty hunters, and assassins also on this planet, all of them on the same side. We're strong in the Force, but we aren't that strong.

Yes, I am aware of this. This weighs quite heavily on my mind and shoulders. If I allow the queen, everyone aboard the ship, and us to be taken captive, and/or get killed, then potentially EVERYONE on Naboo will suffer and die. Its not a pleasant outcome, either way, but its one that you have to accept the lesser of two evils for the moment. This is not a juggling act that I relish, Padme. You may think me reckless, irresponsible, rash, cruel, and any number of other things...but perception and reality are not necessarily the same thing. I can't convince you differently, you'll just have to learn differently. Whether you do, or you don't, I'm bound by honor and my word to protect you, nonetheless, even if I must protect you from yourself.

I am looking out for his well being. I'm doing my level best to make sure he remains as safe as possible. In order to gain the capital we need, we need to race, and with luck, win. To do that, we need a pilot. If we don't allow Anakin to do as he wishes, we must find another. That means we would have to hire another. You've seen some of the other pilots around here, yes? Remember Sebulba? I'm sure he'd be a great humanitarian and race for us and help us get off this planet, don't you think? Or Quadrinero, perhaps? The simple fact of the matter is, Padme, as distasteful and wrong as it is, we simply have very little other choice. Sometimes, its necessary to do the wrong thing for the right reason. I'm aware he's not won a race before. But why hasn't he won a race? Because of cheating on the parts of other racers, particularly Sebulba. As cliche as it sounds, there must be a first time for everything. The bigger the risk, the greater the reward when the risk comes to fruition. If we weren't gambling on this race, Padme, we'd STILL be stuck here, as you say, except we'd be doing n
  14. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Note 7
    Qui-Gon,

I am 14, yes. I know you have a lot more experience than I in this galaxy. However, just because I?m young don?t assume I don?t know anything. I cannot stand it when people judge me because of my age.

If all you rely on is instinct, then it sounds much easier that you would be acting like a wild animal. Oh?so by the word ?instinct,? you mean something that is the product of belief and training. I?m glad you clarified that, Mr. Jedi.

The Hutts haven?t discovered the Queen yet, which I am thankful for. I don?t think that they will. Of course I don?t want anyone to be taken prisoner or killed. What point is there to argue this with you? It?s done and over with. Anakin won the race. Let?s get out of here and on to Coruscant.

I understand that you are trying to protect everyone?it?s just that I don?t agree with everything you do.

I have to acknowledge that you were right about Anakin winning the race. He did win, luckily. If he hadn?t of won, I don?t know what I would do. We would be in big trouble. You are right, he DOES have exceptional skill, but I don?t know how you knew that before he raced! When he stalled at the start of the race, I was a little bit worried?and then when Sebulba forced him onto the service ramp, I was very worried, but in the end?Anakin came through. Were you worried at all during that race? He impressed me, in a most surprising way. Who would have thought a little boy could win such a race, especially since he had never finished a race before.

Well remember, though, Anakin IS a slave. He cannot leave Tatooine because of his device in his body. If he were to come up missing, Watto would blow him up. I don?t see how Anakin can be trained.

Well, I?m glad that we finally have the parts we need for the ship. I can?t wait to get off this planet, and go to Coruscant. Things are actually getting accomplished for a change. I thought the Dark Side was hate and power hungerness. How can love lead to the Dark Side? Love is powerful, true, but so much can be accomplished. Why do you help people if Jedi think love is dangerous? It is a different kind of love, true, but I believe that romantic love SHOULD exhibit an unconditional love. How can you Jedi believe bad things about Love?

Here is a good definition of the word, and tell me why you think it?s so bad: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

You tell me how love can be such a bad thing! If there were no love in the galaxy, think what a terrible place it would be. It would be all hate?and everyone would be out for themselves. That sounds a lot like the Dark Side to me?and that?s the absence of love.

I believe so much could come out of a marriage of true love. I?m not talking about the cheap kind of love where people get into relationships for stupid reasons with no commitment. A lot of people think love equals sex. I highly disagree with that. I believe sex should wait until after marriage, and that the couple should become very close friends before marriage. I don?t know how else to explain it. That?s what I want when I finally get married.

Thank you for clearing up the distinction on Jedi and marriage, though attachment sounds like love to me. I suppose I?ll never understand your ways. I am not Jedi. However, if someone loves someone enough, you know, that doesn?t mean that the person will act in a way that would destroy others lives. You don?t know that. Someone with an ?attachment? might come along and decide to sacrifice the person they loved so that innocent people could live, like the situation you described. That person may still have an ?attachment? but still be able to act morally.

15. iLoveAnakin7 Force Ghost

star 5
    Ha ha,[face_laugh] funny to have Padme mention sex at age 14 to a 60 year old Qui-Gon (I think that's his age in the TPM).

Again I'm deeply sorry about the trade federation. :_|

Reading Padme's part made me wish that someone would write an EU/AU of what would happen during TPM if Ani lost the race.:p
  16. Anakin_Heartbreaker Force Ghost

star 4
    Interesting conversations between the two of them.

The discussion about love leading to the darkside really stood out for me.
    Padme's confusion of how it can affect a Jedi is very worrying.
  17. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    iLoveAnakin7,

I'm glad that you enjoyed the update :)

Yes, Qui-Gon's 60...LOL...glad you thought that part was funny.

And don't worry about the Trade Federation...I FINALLY found someone for it :)

It WOULD be interesting if someone wrote an AU about what would happen if Ani lost the race. Let me know if anyone writes one.

Thank you for reading!

I'm really glad that you found the conversation interesting between the characters...because that's what a lot of the Notes is about...conversation between the characters involved.

Well...the discussion about love leading to the darkside is important for the rest of the Notes. If Padme were to fully understand and agree with the Jedi view, she would be unable to marry a Jedi, because she would realize what all it would mean to the Jedi, and she would understand the danger in it

Thank you for sharing your comments and for reading ! :)
  18. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Note 8
    Padme

As many do, you took me differently than I said, or intended, it. I don't judge you. Because of your age, or any other factor. Its not my place, nor my purpose, to judge you. I have things I'm supposed to do. The nature of these things sometimes makes me sound abrupt and brusque. Its not my intention, and I apolgize if it sounded that way.

Trying to explain all the facets of what I mean by "instinct" would take more time than we have. Your disapproval, and dislike, of me are obvious, but you are, of course, entitled to your feelings and beliefs. It saddens me that you feel thusly, but there's little I can do about it at the moment. Perhaps in time it will change, perhaps it won't.

No, they haven't, and I, for one, would prefer to keep it that way. But as you say, the race is won. Its time to get the parts to the ship, get it repaired, and be on our way.

Of course you don't agree with everything, and you shouldn't. As I'm so frequently telling Obi-Wan, its wise to question things from time to time. It reassures everyone and keeps the solidity of what you're dealing with sure.

I knew that because there are things I'm aware of, and trained to notice, that you are not. Those things were definite worry spots, and they could have cost us dearly, but the Force made its will known, and Anakin won. Was I worried? Of course I was. Despite the fact that the Force not only influences things, or obeys our commands. It doesn't control us, not in the traditional sense. It guides us. There were moments when I felt perhaps I had misunderstood what the Force was telling me. I'm glad I wasn't. His win was most impressive, indeed. He's a very determined young man.

No, Anakin WAS a slave. Part of the wager is that he be set free. I tried to get his mother freed as well, but Watto wouldn't have it. Perhaps I can do something for her after I've got Anakin settled into the Temple, which won't be long. When he's released, the device will be disarmed.

Many non Jedi misunderstand the things we say about the Force, and in particular the Dark Side. Love, in and of itself, is not what leads to the Dark Side. The attachment that forms, the attachment that is the root cause of jealousy, anger, suspicion, doubt, greed, etc in a relationship, these are what leads to the Dark Side. Love is a wonderful thing, but if you're afraid to let go of it, or lose it, for whatever reason, that fear that forms that attachment is the path that leads to the Dark Side. Its a difficult concept to explain, and an even harder one to understand. But the Jedi believe nothing bad about love. Love isn't the path to the Dark Side. The things that lurk in Love's shadow, without its knowledge, are what lead to it.

You're saying nothing that we don't say within and outside the Temple. A blaster, in and of itself, isn't evil. Its simply a tool. Yet, if a criminal, fueled by greed and aggression, picks up the blaster, and kills with it, an evil act has been committed. The blaster wasn't evil, but the power it could represent was used for evil. A rather bad analogy, but one that I hope makes a bit of sense?

Padme, you're proceeding from a false assumption. I'm a very active advocate of love. I love what I do, what my calling is. I love Obi-Wan as if he were my own son. I love you, and the others on board, because you are people, and because over the time we've come to be together, we've come to know each other a bit, and friendship is a form of love. I love Anakin for the same reason. Love is an essential part of a Jedi's life and makeup. Its part of who we are. It would help if you weren't so reactionary, and would actually consider what you hear before you speak. God, whatever power you wish to assign the creation of living beings to, gave most of us two ears and one mouth for a reason. We should listen twice as much as we speak. I don't say this to sound mean, or rough, I simply want to illustrate a point. You to
  19. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Note 9
    Qui-Gon,

I?m sorry too. I didn?t mean to sound like I was going off on you. It?s just that since I am such a young person?I?m young because the queen is young, and all the handmaidens must be the same age as the queen, so that they can serve as her decoy?anyway, since I am so young, very few people will look up to me. It?s the same way with the queen, only worse. Many of the other government leaders think they know better because they are older, and it is very frustrating for her. I was just being hard on you because I am frustrated with our current circumstances.

Let?s get off this planet as soon as possible. The sooner we reach Coruscant, the sooner we?ll be safe.

What? You freed Anakin? What are you going to do with him? He?s only 9 years old! What if the Jedi Council doesn?t accept him for training? Then what? You just put a little boy out into the real world. He will have a hard time finding a job?most people wouldn?t want a 9 year old to work for them. Are you going to send him to an orphanage? And what about his mother? How will he make a living? How will he survive in this galaxy?

I mean I?m glad he?s freed?but what will this mean for him?

What does Anakin want? I mean; does he want to train? And if so, you shouldn?t make any promises. You will still have to go before the Council, and if they don?t accept him, he?s going to be heartbroken.

You are right, I don?t want to see this planet again for a LONG time.

With the right thing at the center of a love relationship, love will not become an obsession. I have never been in love myself, but I know what I want love to be for me. I will never let it control me, and I believe that you Jedi would be able to control it enough so that you could have relationships. Love is a very beautiful thing in it?s purest form. Through it so much good can be accomplished. I think you just have to keep your relationship centered on the right thing ?and if so, then your relationship wouldn?t be so bad, would it?

If you have your relationship centered on the right things, you wouldn?t be controlled by it in the sense you?re talking about. Love should control people though?I think. I?m talking about the agape love. The kind of love that you love another person just because they are a person. You see a person in need, and you help them. That is love. If you have that kind of love at the center of your life?and the thing that love comes from, then there are no risks. Love can be purely good.

Those are my beliefs. I know I?m not a Jedi, but I think you Jedi would be happier if you were allowed to enter a relationship. You would be able to share things with another person. I don?t think it would be so bad.

Please get back here as quickly as possible. Let me know what Anakin?s reaction is to being freed.

I must attend to the Queen. I?ll contact you again once we are in the air.

I have returned.

I?m so glad that you and Anakin were able to make it back safely to the ship. What was that thing that you were fighting with? It seemed to be an evil Jedi or something. It carried a lightsaber too. Everyone aboard the ship was very worried for you. It looked like the fight was pretty tough. Do you believe that thing was after the queen? But why would that thing be involved with the Naboo Invasion?

I?m glad to be off that planet. It was a little too warm for my taste.

I had trouble sleeping, and when I went for a walk around the ship at night, I noticed Anakin was up too. I gave him a blanket, and tried to comfort him a little. He?s very homesick, and he misses his mother. Maybe you could comfort him in some way too. He made me this necklace that he carved. He told me it was for me to remember him by. I told him I didn?t need it to remember him, but it was very kind of him to do that.

Do you have doubts about the Senate? Senator Palpatine seems to. When we land, he will meet with the Queen, and then I will learn more. He thinks other Senators may not see Naboo?s plight? How could they not? It appears so o
  20. iLoveAnakin7 Force Ghost

star 5
    Great notes!
    Padme brought up the question alot of people thought when they saw TPM; what would have become of Anakin if Qui-Gon had lived? The council already stated that he wasn't going to be trained, and the only reason they changed their minds was because Qui-Gon died and Obi-Wan was trying to keep a promise to his master. That and the fact that he blew up the droid control ship[face_mischief]

Thanks for the PM:D
  21. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    iLoveAnakin7,

Thank you :)

I'm really glad that you enjoyed the last round of Notes1

And I appreciate your thoughts and comments about a lot of people having the same question as Padmé. Yes, if Qui-Gon hadn't died, what would have happened. Of course at this point in the story, Qui-Gon doesn't know that he's going to die, so he's trying to make plans.

Yep...only at Obi-Wan instistance did they finally allow Anakin to be trained...a promise he had made to Qui-Gon, something he was set on doing

And thank you for taking the time to read and make comments :)
  22. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Note 10
    Padme,

I more than understand, everything that you've just said. My respect for someone isn't built on their age. Its built on them. I'm considered a bit of a maverick back at the Temple, to say the least. My methods are unorthodox, even questionable sometimes, by their reckoning, and I'm even considered somewhat reckless from time to time. There's always a method to my "madness," though, and its not always readily apparent. Again, I apologize if I seemed brusque, or dismissive. I wasn't intending to be. So I can more than understand your harshness as a result.

I couldn't agree with you more. There's been too much time put behind us already, but it couldn't be helped, unfortunately.

I freed him, yes. If the Council doesn't accept him for training, then I shall do what I must. Even if it means leaving the Order, and training him myself. In any case, he will be safe, and cared for. I am working on a solution for his mother as well. It may take time, but I'm confident that I can achieve her release as well.

It means he'll be taking his first steps into a much larger world.

He wishes to be trained. I hope that it doesn't come to that, but I will, as I said, do what I must. Whatever that may be.

I can't say I blame you there.

If that were humanly possible, on a constant basis, no, it wouldn't be bad at all. Love isn't the problem. The problem is the uncontrollable thoughts and emotions that are inherent with such an attachment. They're often subconscious, not even realized as being present. If we were able to fully and completely love as you describe, without the coloration of jealousy, lust, and other negative emotions that lurk in the background, even silently, then there would be no need for such a rule. A non Jedi isn't warned against attachments from birth, and therefore tends to make several. However, non Jedi don't wield the kind of power that a Jedi does, and if that Jedi were to be experiencing the troubles we fear, it could be very dangerous, for everyone. We don't attack love, nor do we consider love an enemy. Love is a beautiful thing, and a very precious gift. However, like any gift, it must be treated with respect, and handled responsibily, and part of that is realizing and understanding our own limitations.

Love itself is purely good. Its the person that feels it that is the concern. No matter how good we are, we are still human beings, and therefore flawed. We possess equal potential for good or bad. I myself am not exempt, by any means, from this. In fact, I'm probably MORE susceptible to its folly than most. This is why I maintain such a tight rein on who I am, inside. I have the potential to serve darkness, and quite strongly. What keeps me from doing so is my devotion to not doing so. When you enter an attachment into that equation, the sides of the equation, so to speak, become very blurred, indistinct. Its hard to figure which side is the right side. This produces an internal schizm, and that produces conflict. Conflict results invariably in anger, frustration, rage, jealousy, or any number of negative emotions, in any combination. That inevitably leads to the Dark Side, whether you brush it and run away from it, or whether you embrace it wholeheartedly, you've still touched it, and therefore are far more vulnerable to its call the next time such a thing happens.

We are allowed to enter a relationship. The thing that you're missing is that we're encouraged not to allow the dangerous attachment to form. If the Council believes you capable of being in the relationship, and not allowing that attachment to hinder your responsibility, then their blessing is given. If they think you aren't ready, they tell you so, and they advise waiting, or getting to understand the nature of attachments better before entering such a thing. I have yet to see why everyone thinks that we're against marriage, or against a relationship. If its because so few of us are married
  23. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Note 11
    Qui-Gon,

That thing was trained in the Jedi arts? Anakin says you think the attacker was. So the Jedi power can be used for evil? I have never heard of a Sith Lord before, but is that what you call beings that use the force for evil? Where did that Sith come from? I?ve never heard of one before. They may have existed before the formation of the Republic, but not during the Republic. I am well versed in Republic history. There was no mention of them in all my studies.

How do you think Anakin?s mother is handling this? I?ve been writing to her, and it is clear that she loves her son very much. She wants us all to protect him. I assured her that I would do my best.

Anakin also told me that you were going to take him before the Jedi Council, which would hopefully begin his Jedi Training. You must tell me how the meeting goes with the Council. I want Anakin to be able to reach his dreams. He?s such a nice little boy.

Two people have mentioned that the Senate is corrupt today?Senator Bail Antilles from Alderaan and Senator Palpatine. Senator Palpatine has been talking with Queen Amidala, and has told her as much. He argued with her, and said that he doesn?t feel that the Senate will act on the invasion. He thinks Chancellor Valorum is corrupt, and that the bureaucrats will persuade him to do as they want. He thinks the best move we can make would be to push for the election of a new Chancellor?by calling for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum. I don?t know about that. I don?t want to kick Valorum out of office. He?s been our strongest supporter. I don?t see any other way to take this legally. We certainly cannot submit a plea to the courts, because they take longer to decide things than the Senate. Naboo?s options are limited. I feel so helpless. The Queen must decide?the pressure must be so great on her.

Does Obi-Wan know how you feel about Anakin? Maybe you better have a talk with him. Does he think he?s ready for the trials? Who gets to decide when a Jedi is ready for the trials anyway? It almost seems as if you?re pushing away Obi-Wan just so you can train Anakin. Is that how you really feel? And do you think Obi-Wan will get jealous?

I wish you luck at your Jedi meeting. Anakin stopped by to see me before his meeting with the Jedi. I hope I was able to provide him with some confidence. Understandably he?s nervous about going before the Council. He told me that this is his life long dream.

Will the Council really accept him?

And just how do you think you?re going to secure Shmi?s release? Certainly not by the Senate. Senator Palpatine fears that the Senate will not even act our planet?s invasion. They would not allow you to free a slave, unfortunately.

Master Jedi, it IS possible to love almost completely, though it is not easy. You have to know the Source of Love?the Author of Love. Sadly, not many people experience this type of love, but it is possible. Understand that pure love makes no room for jealousy, lust, and the other stuff you Jedi talk about as being part of attachment. Don?t you realize that in real love, there is no fear at all? Haven?t you ever heard that there is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear?

If this is true, which I believe it is, Master Jedi, then this whole attachment thing does not hold up to the standard of love. All I can say is that I am glad I am not a Jedi. I do not have to worry about this attachment rule. I agree that love should be handled responsibly and taken seriously.

Yes, human beings are flawed. I agree with that, and there is always the TEMPTATION to feel those bad things?lies and half truths, and other things that can help a person go astray, but that doesn?t mean that a person has to give in all the time. It is possible (but cannot be done through human effort or strength) to love each other with a higher standard?with real love?.but of course that love still wouldn?t be PERFECT or COMPLETE. That doesn?t mean a person can?t strive to love purely, and really
  24. Anakin_Heartbreaker Force Ghost

star 4
    This is an incredible discussion about love, it has so much depth.

Padme stands strong by what she says, but in a way, she is confused too.

Qui-Gon as always is as wise as any Jedi has ever been.

Touching stuff! :)
  25. LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Anakin_Heartbreaker,

Yes, you see The Notes are much more than just a story...but there is also indepth discussion about various subjects ;)

Love is one of those subjects, and these discussions are part of the fun of doing The Notes.

It makes me smile to know that you found this discussion on love to be so "incredible." :)

Yes, both Padmé and Qui-Gon have very strong opinions. They may not always agree on everything, and yes, Padmé may be confused on some things, but she also knows what she believes.

Thank you very much for reading!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.