main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Qui-Gon and Padme - Prequel Trilogy Notes AU - Completed 9/30/05 (with Jedi_Linewalker as Qui-Gon)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LukeSkywalker_2001, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkywalker_2001

LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - Jedi_Linewalker:
    http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=1181942

Note 12
    Padme,

Indeed it was. It was trained quite well, too. It was very formidable. Anything can be used for evil, in the right circumstances, or for good, by the same, assuming certain conditions are in effect. The Force is living, but it is not life as we know it. Its simply life. It has a Light Side and a Dark Side. Whichever side you call upon is the one that answers. A Sith Lord is a very specifically and specially trained type of renegade Jedi. Their order is very secretive and very strict. They have absolute rules that will not be violated, and they seek to destroy the Jedi Order in vengenace for a wrong they feel was committed millennia ago. The Sith were orginally a species far away, who were primitive and used a form of sympathetic magic to do things. It wasn't related to the Force at all. A large group of Dark Jedi broke off from the Temple and left the known regions and discovered the Sith. They proceeded to enslave the primitives and eventually interbred with them, producing beings powerful in the Dark Side of the Force. Over time, after finally confronting the Jedi for the first time since the exodus, the name Sith shifted from meaning a species to meaning the sect of renegade Jedi. They've existed even during the Republic, just well hidden. The last Sith Wars were right after the Republic was formed, when they were discovered on a large scale. An incident that destroyed almost all of them led to the formulation of those strict rules I mentioned. Its not surprising that you didn't know of them. Not even many Jedi know of them. Usually, such information is only disseminated to Masters, but sometimes it may be given to a Knight if sufficient cause is warranted. Outside the Temple, very very few know of them.

I think she's doing extraordinarily well. I've been communing with her as well. I know very well the love she has for Anakin, and his intense love for her. I have assured her I will allow no harm to come to Anakin. While I live and breathe, he will know no harm.

I am, yes. It went as expected. Lots of resistance, yet they conceded they must test him. They're about to do that now. I want very much for him to reach them as well.

Bail Antilles is a good man. Palpatine, I don't know that well. Finis Valorum, on the other hand, is an old and trusted friend. I've known him for years, and despite how things may look, he is far from corruption. I'm sure there are times when the laws, as they're written, effectively bind his hands and he's unable to do much, but he is one of the finest men I know. If he supports Naboo, he has good reason, and does so for that reason, not for personal gain. This move doesn't sound wise, and I think you're right. It must be weighing very heavily on the queen's mind. I hope she has someone else that she trusts that she can turn to for counsel, and to be given a different perspective. The courts are a bad thing, yes. Good intentions, but bad execution. I'm aware that Naboo's options are limited. I hope you can find resolution soon.

Yes, Obi-Wan knows my feelings and beliefs. I will talk to him, however. He has his doubts about his abilities, I'm sure. Generally, that is decided by the Master and the Council. I'm sure it seems that way to some, but I assure you, that isn't the case. Obi-Wan still has much to learn, as do we all, even Master Yoda, but there is little more he can learn from me. I would prefer it if he trusted himself, and his feelings, a bit more, and was more aware and conscious of the Living Force, but he will do quite well. It'll come to him with time. Yes, I truly feel that way. Obi-Wan is like a son to me. I think very highly of him, and have the greatest and utmost faith and confidence in him. He'll be a much wiser man than I am, that's for certain, and he'll become a great Jedi Knight. I doubt he'll get jealous. I will always consider Obi-Wan like a son, and I'll always love him as a son. Just because he grows up

2. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - LukeSkywalker_2001

Note 13
    Qui-Gon,

Thank you for explaining to me more about the Sith and their origins. I now have a better understanding of them. Using such things as magic could not have been good either. Even if the Sith ways were forced on these primitive beings, it makes sense that the Dark Side would have embraced such ideas as the magic.

Yes, Senator Palpatine did say that?well according to Queen Amidala. Palpatine does seem to be good friends with Valorum. I don?t know?but he seemed to be acting in what he thought was the best interest for Naboo?but I do wonder about his actions. It just seemed as if he were pushing it too much.

I have heard about the Senate meeting. Palpatine asked Queen Amidala to speak. As soon as she started talking about the Trade Federation?s invasion, the Trade Federation interrupted, denying Naboo?s claims. The Supreme Chancellor gave the floor back to the queen. She then went on to explain more about the details. The Senate wouldn?t believe her! Can you believe that! They wanted to send a team to Naboo to make sure she wasn?t lying??to ascertain the truth.? Can you believe that. They?re treating the situation like it is some kind of committee. That makes me sick. Palpatine is right; the Senate IS corrupt. The Supreme Chancellor, after talking with the other people in the center, agreed to have an investigation team sent to Naboo.

The Queen knew something had to be done then, so she called for the vote of no confidence, just as Palpatine had suggested. Perhaps Palpatine saw through more of Valorum than the Queen could. He does have a good heart (Palpatine, I mean.) He was so encouraging to the Queen when she was running for Queen.

Okay, so the Council and the Master decide when a Padawan is ready. When do you think the Council will think Obi-Wan is ready for the trails? What exactly are the trials? I know they are some kind of tests for a Padawn to become a Jedi Knight, but what are they like? I have heard so much about them.

It is clear that we can do no more good here. The Queen wants to go back to Naboo to take back what is ours. The Senate is just acting like this is a committee problem, and they will take forever to take any action. Jar-Jar has told the Queen that the Gungans will not go down without a fight. They have a grand army. The Queen wants to use this army to distract the Trade Federation while the Queen and her team go into the Palace to capture the Viceroy (Nute Gunray). The specifics of the plans have not fallen into place yet. I will tell you more once I know what the Queen has decided.

I must go now. Palpatine and Panaka are approaching.

If the Queen travels back to Naboo, would it be possible for you and your apprentice to accompany us?

I am sure Shmi appreciates your protection of Anakin; in fact I know she does.

Bail Antilles of Alderaan, who, as I have said, has been corresponding with me, as well as Senator Palpatine have both been nominated to fill the Supreme Chancellor position. Either one would be a good choice. I?m sorry that Finis Valorum was voted out of office. I wish something else could have been done.

Thank you for assuring me you will talk with Obi-Wan about what you told me. He deserves to know that you believe he is ready for the trials. I hope it helps him feel better. I hope he accepts your words well, and realizes that you are honest and sincere, despite what it may look like to him. The Master and former Padawan relationship must be special.

Have you spoken with Valorum yet?

Be careful who you suggest the slave freeing to in the Senate. They do not seem to be concerned with others, as a whole.

No, certainly no human being can be pure solely relying on themselves. I agree that we are tainted. However, I believe that people can achieve purity much closer with God. There is still going to be faults, but with God at the center of something such as a love relationship, I believe the relationship would go much better, and the love would be closer to the perfect love.

3. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Good to see they are agreeing some more here and there lol.
    thanks for the PM

P.S. I'm going out of town Aug. 7 thru Aug.10, so can you please continue to PM me with updates, and I'll read and reply when I get back.
    thanks

4. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Again, these two participate in wonderful and interesting conversations.

Awesome stuff.

Especially liked the history lesson on the origins of the Sith. :D

5. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    iLoveAnakin7,

You're very welcome :)

Yes, they are finally beginning to agrue on some issues, especially after a little time has passed. Hey, we couldn't have Qui-Gon leave for the palace and fight Maul without Padmé making thigns right between them ;)

Yep, any update for the Notes that you have been reading will be sent to you. As it turned out, I mostly was updating the OT during that time...and I sent you a couple OT Notes for you to respond to :)

Thanks for reading!

More to come.... :)

I enjoyed Jedi_Linewalker, as Qui-Gon, providing the history of the Sith too. Glad to know that someone else enjoyed it too.

Thanks for reading!

6. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 14
    Padme,

You're quite welcome. I don't intend to come across as gruff and coarse as I probably appear to most of the time. It does indeed.

Too much of any good thing is ultimately bad. He may not have realized what he was doing, and the effect it would have, but then again, he may have been completely cognizant of the fact. It's hard to tell at this point. Please, be careful and watchful, regardless. Something isn't right here.

Typical of the Trade Federation. As for the Senate's disbelif, they're much like other organized bodies. They dislike change and fear what they don't completely understand. Your queen is making a claim of hostility from the Federation. This is unusual, and several Senators have ties to the Federation, like the Senator from Malastare, for example. It upset their speeder, so to speak. If Valorum conceded the point, he was probably put in a position where he had little choice but to go along, or be removed from office anyway. Removing him wouldn't help Naboo, and he'd try for whatever reason to stay, but it seems as if he's being removed anyway.

Senators are typically manipulators to a one, always striving to get the upper hand in whatever situation they find themselves in. Not all of them are bad, of course, but diplomacy, in and of itself, is a form of manipulation, ultimately. Its a tool you have to be very careful with, much like a laser torch. I'd advise the queen to be mindful and wary, just in case. Something definitely not right is afoot.

I would imagine they'd agree with me and find him ready now. The Trials sometimes vary a bit, but there are some standards ones. For example, constructing a lightsaber unassisted is one. Its not as easy as it sounds. You must be attuned to the Force and imbue your crystal with Force energies to bring it to "life," and make the crystal focus the energies properly. Some involve surviving a trek across terribly rough environmental conditions, or negotiating your way out of a bad situation. There are many trials that he could be given.

Thank you, Padme. Its a bold plan, but the queen strikes me as a bold young woman, with a good head on her shoulders. I will offer my services to her assistance through the Council. She will need watching after.

It should be, yes, without much problem. I'd imagine we'd be sent anyway. We know the situation and have been there already. We're the most logical choice.

I've no doubt of that. She's his mother. I am simply a friend, and do what I can.

Bail seems to be a good man, from what little I know of him. Particularly straightforward and honest, for a Senator. That's unusual, but welcome. What's done is done, and we can only hope that its not a disaster in the making.

I think he does as well. Obi-Wan is a very bright young man, and very wise, beyond his years. A bit overly cautious, perhaps, but that's normal, considering. I am sure it will, in time. He'll be resistant to that idea at first, but hopefully he'll realize the truth sooner or later. That relationship is very special indeed. I see Obi-Wan much as a son. I care about him a great deal, and look forward to watching him grow into the Knight, and Master, I know he'll be.

Some, but not as much as I'd like. Something very wrong is going on. I understand your caution very well. I wouldn't speak of such a thing to someone I didn't trust. There are few in the Senate I do.

I'm in total agreement with you. I only mean to say that while what you speak of is possible, its not probable for the galaxy at large, simply because of the nature of beings as they are. Few will give themselves unto a force that they can't see, touch, hear or smell, like God, for example. Not so much that they don't believe as much as they need discernible assurance to trust. Those that can are deeply rewarded and inundated with the love of God at the center of their lives, but for every one that does this, many many more don't.

Of course

7. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 15
    Qui-Gon,

I can understand why the Yoda must be so busy right now. I am sure that the Jedi Council has much to discuss, especially in regards to Anakin.

I wanted to tell you that Shmi told me that a man DID try to free her. She knows who it was?.her husband. Don?t say anything about this to Anakin, because it might be upsetting to him. Anakin?s father, Summoner Skywalker (he changed his name to Cliegg Lars), sold Shmi into slavery while she was still pregnant with Anakin. I guess he did this because they were tight on money, and it was the only way he could think to support his other two children. Isn?t that upsetting? Anyway, Shmi told me that she forgives her husband and still loves him dearly. Can you imagine a husband selling his wife into slavery? Watto wouldn?t let the transaction go through. It?s such a shame.

Anakin told me that he was tested, but the Council said he was too old? See, I knew you were being too overconfident in your opinion. Now you have to find a home for him, and a way for him to make a living. A 9 year old boy could never just roam free in the galaxy. You were willing to have Anakin as your Padawan? What did Obi-Wan have to say about that? Do you think he could be jealous of Anakin because of your treatment towards Anakin?

Even though Anakin will not be trained, he will be coming with us back to Naboo? How can the Council do that? Don?t they know of the danger that will be present when we return to Naboo? I really don?t think walking into a battle is a good idea for a 9 year old little boy. He is pleasant company, but I would rather look out for his safety. Make sure you protect him well. I don?t know how I?m going to explain this endeavor to Shmi.

Palpatine DID seem rather eager about getting rid of Valorum. I?m not sure what he?s up to, but I don?t like it. It almost seems as if he is using this situation to his own advantage. I don?t like that one bit. The Queen told me that Palpatine talked with her a little after the Senate meeting. He has been nominated to succeed Valorum as Supreme Chancellor! But so have two others, a Bail Antilles from Alderaan (who has been writing me, and seems to be a very kind and caring person), and someone from Malastare. I have heard from both Bail and Palpatine, and Palpatine has been elected. To be honest, I wish Bail Antilles got the position.

Bail told me some things about Palpatine that bothered him, and they bother me too. I suppose that is politics for you.

Palpatine said, ?A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. I WILL be Supreme Chancellor. And when I am elected, I promise to put an end to corruption.? Then he suggested that the Queen ACCEPT the fact that the Trade Federation had control of the planet. The Queen could never accept that, and at that point she realized that Palpatine seemed to be too deluded by his nomination to be of any use. The Senate is corrupt, and the only way to get this situation solved is to go back to Naboo.
    With that, I have the confidence that the Queen is doing the right thing.

Oh, there is one other thing. Shmi is worried about Anakin and wanted to make sure that we took good care of him. She told me he has asthma. Did he tell you that? Anakin actually DID tell me. I don?t think it has bothered him any.

I must go now. We will begin boarding the ship in a few minutes. You must excuse me.

I have returned. The gungans have agreed to help us, and that is a great relief to me. Now that you know of my identity through what was revealed when I spoke with Boss Nass, yes, it is the truth. My full name is Padmé Amidala.

And what is your opinion of my plan? I also asked your apprentice. I need everyone to be with me in this if we were to take back the palace and capture the viceroy.

We should be heading to the palace as soon as I have confirmed that everyone here understands the plan and is with me.

Do not worry, master Jedi. Although I was not used to Jedi when I first met you, now that I have gotten to know you better, you do not appear

8. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Anakin?s father, Summoner Skywalker (he changed his name to Cliegg Lars), sold Shmi into slavery while she was still pregnant with Anakin. I guess he did this because they were tight on money, and it was the only way he could think to support his other two children.

ahhhh:eek:
    bIG MISTAKE baby[face_shame_on_you]

thanks for the PM

9. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    This is very interesting!

I love Padmes conversations with Qui-Gon, its a very hard thing to do, making the characters insights seem plausible, but you do it so well!! :)

Padme is, despite being queen, just a fourteen year old girl, and you really get this from these letters. I love Qui-Gons patience with her.

wonderful! More please. :D

10. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    Qui-Gon is wise beyond belief!!!!
    I just love reading his conversations.

I particularly liked the bit about the trials, and the neku.

Their relationship has developed nicely. It will be sad when Qui-Gon dies, because I have a feeling it is going to happen very soon.

Wonderful updates! :)

11. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    iLoveAnakin7,

Oh yeah...one mistake that Cliegg may have to confront later in his lifetime...

Thank you for reading! :)

Good! I'm glad that you are finding this so interesting :)

Thank you for everything you have said. Remember, though, that Jedi_Linewalker has been playing the part of Qui-Gon.

Good...I'm glad that her being only 14 still comes through what she says. And I like how Jedi_Linewalker has handled Qui-Gon's patience as well.

Thank you for reading! And now more is about to come your way!
    __________________________________________________________________Anakin_Heartbreaker,

Yes, Qui-Gon certainly is wise. Go Jedi_Linewalker!

I'm glad you enjoyed the bit about the trials and the neku. I enjoyed those parts as well.

Don't forget that even after Qui-Gon's death, you can come back here and read the Qui-Gon notes as much as you like ;)

Thank you for reading!

12. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 16
    Padme,

Yes, this is true. The Council is rather busy, to say the least. Anakin has definitely presented a topic of which they'll be talking over for some time.

I won't mention it. Its best not to overly alarm the boy if not necessary. Its very upsetting, and no I can't imagine it, but then again, I've never been in his position, faced with his circumstances. If I had, then perhaps I could imagine it, though I doubt very seriously I would do so even then. It doesn't surprise me about Watto, and yes, it is a shame.

I never said the Council would agree to it. I said he must be trained. Finding a home or a living for him won't be difficult. I am willing, yes. I believe at first, he believed as you did, or do. Now, he's beginning to see otherwise, I think. Its possible. Anything is possible, but given things as they are, I doubt its probable.

The Council isn't doing it. I am. I'm keeping him close to me, as I promised, so I know he'll be safe. I don't expect you to understand, Padme. I know full well what we're returning to, and what sort of environment it is. I will protect him as I have always, and have protected everyone else, namely with it as my first priority.

Indeed he did. It can only spell trouble, ultimately. I don't know Palpatine that well, but his actions speak of a motive far different than what his voice tells you. Be mindful, and be careful. His nomination doesn't surprise me either. Politicians are master manipulators, its only how they choose to use that gift that makes it potentially good, or bad. Senator Antilles is a fair man, a young man with high ideals. A friendship with him would be a wise cultivation, I think. The Gran from Malastare is typical of his species and clan. Profit is foremost in his thoughts. I echo your wish, Padme.

Politics are a very dangerous game. If handled lightly and without the respect they require, its quite easy to twist them to one's advantage and ultimately hurt many.

Very predictable, in a sense, this behavior on Palpatine's part. Most politicians, and I say most because not all do, really, have an ambition to better their position, regardless of what it costs others. Something is seriously amiss with Palpatine's behavior and mindset. This suggests that he's a self serving man with delusions of power. A dangerous man to have leading the most powerful political body of the Republic. I think she is as well. The sooner resolved, the better.

She made mention of it, yes. I've been keeping an eye on him, to be sure that it doesn't flare up and bother him. The change in climates probably affected it some.

A well conceived plan, your highness. The use of a decoy is an effective way to disarm a problem before it gets well underway in many ways. I commend you on your ingenuity.

Your plan is well conceived, and it presents a high factor of success, assuming that certain key elements are in place. The Gungan army should provide some of that ensurement.

We should be going, yes. My thanks, your highness. Its not been my intention to appear gruff. Merely my nature, I suppose.

I never said you could, Padme. But disagreement is fine. Its part of what makes things like discovery possible. Ultimately, a good thing.

They are. Each is more worried about how to improve their personal gain and situation, as opposed to their worlds, or the worlds of others. They care more about what the Republic can do for them, than they do about the Republic itself. What they were elected to do and what they do aren't always the same thing. They are, after all, only mortal beings. Susceptible to greed, envy, and lust for power and money just like any other. They should be stronger than that, but simply because they're elected doesn't mean they are, if you understand what I mean.

You're welcome. Most of my trials were the standard ones. One that was unique to my situation was I was taken to a remote area of Kashyyyk, and had to mak

13. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 17
    Qui-Gon,

I am very grateful for all the help you have given me, Master Jedi. I don?t know what would have happened if you had not been assigned to me?.and especially in the recent turn of events.

We have made it to the palace safely, but the moment we arrived inside the hangar, and we neared the doors to the main palace, that Sith from Tatooine blocked our way. Thank you for engaging him?you and your apprentice. I do not want to imagine what would have happened if you had not been there.

Because he showed up, we must take the long way to the palace. We will just have to be creative on how we get to the throne room. I hope it was wise for Sabe to dress as me again. Captain Panaka is with me, and those in my group.

I don?t know if you saw this, but two droid deckas appeared just after you began fighting with the Sith. It was fortunate that Anakin found a hiding spot in the cockpit of a ship. Anakin figured out how to fire the ship?s weapon, and he shot down the droid deckas.

I will find a way to get to that throne room; I have to. My people depend on this.

I hope that you still pursue freedom for Anakin?s mother. I know you swore that you would try. I trust then, Master Jedi, that you will know how to train Anakin. You must be a good teacher. Obi-Wan has been your apprentice, and you definitely knew how to train him.

Well if taking care of Anakin is so important, and you do not think it will be difficult, than I hope you know more about it than I do. You have resources available to you as a Jedi that I do not.

I will tell you what Palpatine said?.that affected me so much, but I don?t want this to go everywhere, as it is his reputation. Bail Antilles, though I am not entirely sure I can trust him, told me that Palpatine said in a personal correspondence that I was the one that suggested the vote of no confidence when it was HE that did. I would never have thought about it if he had not suggested it.

Here is Bail?s quote. This could be a rumor, or false information that Bail made up, but I don?t think so.

?I do agree with you that perhaps a change in leadership was not warranted or even for the best at this time. However, the Queen completely blindsided me with this; I was quite appalled. Between you and me, my friend, this was never even discussed in our meetings. Once the words were out of her mouth, however, it was impossible to stop events at that point.?

I don?t know what to think. Could Palpatine have said that? But if he didn?t, Bail would have had to been a liar?and I can?t imagine that either.

How can other politicians knowingly deceive other people? Why don?t they want to help their own planets, and situations across the galaxy? I couldn?t live like that.

Bail Antilles recently told me the same thing. He said he knows, after what Palpatine said about me, that Palpatine is a man who follows the passions of whoever he is speaking with. He says that Palpatine can never be fully trusted again. But then he also said that Palpatine may have just wanted the power, and that he is nervous because of the situation with Naboo. He told me that many other Senators would have acted the same way if they were in his position. He might not be as bad as he sounds?but still, I don?t like it.

It is fortunate that the Supreme Chancellor is only that. He cannot make major decisions without the Senate?s vote, and he is supposed to direct action in the Senate. Perhaps he will not be so bad in that role. He cannot get any higher within the Senate, and maybe he will concentrate more on our situation?instead of on gaining power. Bail told me about the limitations on the Supreme Chancellor, and what his true role is.

Anakin seems fine to me too. He didn?t say anything about the change in climates bothering him, but he acted like he had a little trouble when we changed climates. He wouldn?t want to tell me something like that. I think he wants to appear strong to me.

Thank you, Master Jedi. It feels good that my

14. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Great update! :)

How can other politicians knowingly deceive other people? Why don?t they want to help their own planets, and situations across the galaxy? I couldn?t live like that.

She is still so innocent. :(

If only she knew... damn that Palpatine. :mad:

anyhow this was great, you both write these characters so well! =D=

15. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    JOINME,

Thank you! :)

Yes, in some ways she is still very innocent.

Palpy = :mad: :_| [face_beatup] [face_frustrated] [face_devil]

Thank you so much! :) I hope you enjoy the conclusion....coming soon but not quite yet.

16. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 18
    Padme,

You're quite welcome, my young friend. Its our duty to protect and serve, and we've come to know you a bit better than simply a world ruler who needs our assistance. We've come to know you as a friend. Think nothing of duty and friendship, except to know that we honor those feelings in the utmost.

Its no problem. Its what we're here for, primarily, I suppose. We suspected he would turn up here. It was a feeling from the Force. I imagine it would have been rather violent and messy, had we not been here. Thankfully, the Council saw fit to send us back with you.

Be careful, Padme, and be mindful and watchful. Trust in your feelings. They'll lead you on the right path. You can do this. You knew there would be complications, and so there are. Now, you simply must deal with them. I'm sure it was. My feelings tell me that was the best course of action. Panaka seems to be an honorable man. You're fortunate to have such a man with you.

I didn't see that, no. I knew Anakin was hiding in the cockpit of that ship, but wasn't aware of what he'd done to the droidekas. It seems that it was fortunate that he come as well. The Force is with us, so far.

I know you will. Yes, they do. You're a good queen, Padme. Wise beyond your years, and not afraid to take the incentive. I'm honored to know you.

Of course I will. I will do so until I draw no more breath, or she's free, one of the two. I'm glad that you trust me. I try to be. Obi-Wan had to be a good student as much as I had to be a good teacher. I think he's done quite well.

It is important. Taking care of anyone is truly important, but this is a priority at the moment. It will be no more difficult than taking care of anyone else. I hope so as well. I do have many resources available to me, as a Jedi, this is true. Hopefully, they can be used to their best and fullest measure for his benefit.

What you tell me is between you and I, as it always has been, Padme. Given the choice between Palpatine and Bail, I would have to say Bail is by far the more trustworthy of the two. My feelings tell me this. The Force whispers this to my mind. I'm quite sure you wouldn't have. Its not in your character to do such a thing. Its not even a consideration, especially considering the amount of assistance Valorum has given you and your people in the past. I'm sure that your call for the vote came as quite a shock to him, as he'd remarked to me before we came here to begin with that he had spoken with you on several occasions and genuinely liked you quite a bit. He thought you were an excellent ruler and showed much promise. From my own observations, I know that this is not something you would have thought of on your own, because the type of maneuver it is simply isn't in your nature. Its the unfortunate product of manipulation by Palpatine, getting you to help him achieve whatever it is he desires. Please, watch him and be careful and mindful of him. I don't know what he's up to, but it's much more than simple political jockeying for power.

It sounds like something Palpatine would say. Its definitely pontificating enough, and I feel that it's his intent and feeling as well. A very polite lie. There's little else you can say about it.

I believe he could, yes, as I said just before. If he didn't, Bail would have to be a liar, yes, and a very gifted con man to pull such a "right feeling" quote out of the air. Bail doesn't strike me as a liar.

Its quite simple, actually, Padme. Politicians are people, just like anyone else. They're given to the same foibles and desires that anyone else is. The unfortunate thing is that, in their position, they wield the political power to make their whims a reality if they work at it well enough. Once they get that position, often the power goes to their head. What is good for their planet and people becomes less important than what they themselves want. Helping others becomes a low priority ide

17. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    Once again, I loved the conversation between these two.

There is so much depth.

Wonderful posts. :)

18. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Anakin_Heartbreaker,

I'm glad you have enjoyed this so much :)

Thank you for all of your kind words and comments for not only this story, but for all of my Notes stories. You have been very encouraging to me, and it's going to be sad to see you go.

Thank you so much, once again!

19. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Conclusion
    Padmé?s Personal Diary Entry ?

I have just heard the news that Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn lost his life in the battle for Naboo.

We did stop the invasion, but at great cost. The Viceroy of the Trade Federation, and its members, will soon be put on trial in the Courts. My group and I managed to reach the throne room, where the Viceroy was.

Anakin destroyed the droid control ship, apparently by accident. I was so worried for him in the battle. But he is safe now.

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine mentioned a possible funeral for Qui-Gon, and if so I will attend. As for Qui-Gon?s death?.it saddens me. His death will not be forgotten by the Naboo. Without him, I?m not sure what would have happened.

Although he and I argued, and had misunderstandings, we eventually came to understand one another better. I know he valued Anakin, and I will do what I can to see that Anakin is taken care of properly. I am trying to get him to live at the palace, though it will have to be his decision. I do not think the Jedi will allow Anakin to be trained. I have spoken with Master Yoda on this subject, and without Qui-Gon?s support, there doesn?t seem to be another Jedi to back him. Obi-Wan was against it?and I doubt he will change his mind.

I wish that Qui-Gon wouldn?t have had to die, but because of his effort, Naboo is free. I hate to think what would have happened if the Jedi had not been there. Qui-Gon said he was honored to know me. I am honored to have known him as well.

And with Qui-Gon?s death, I wonder what will happen to Shmi. Anakin told me that his father tried to free her, but it didn?t work. I hope that she is safe. No one else seem to deem freeing Anakin?s mother important.

I still cannot put all of my trust in Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. Hopefully there will not be to many more situations for me to have to deal with him. I hope Valorum has recovered from the incident?Palpatine?.Qui-Gon thought Palpatine was up to much more than just ?political jockeying.? It?s evident that Qui-Gon didn?t trust him either.

Qui-Gon warned me to be mindful of Palpatine?s actions. I will try to do just that?even if he is from Naboo. I cannot trust him completely. Qui-Gon thought Palpatine had something to hide. I am wondering if he is correct. Time will tell.

I must go?.

Written 9/30/05

The End of the Qui-Gon and Padmé Notes

However, the Prequel Notes storyline still continues.

Obi-Wan and Padmé Notes http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/21222279/?3

20. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    iLoveAnakin7, Anakin_Heartbreaker, JOINME

You three are my only identified readers and reviewers for this set of Notes. I wanted to thank you for all of your support and encouragement...and for reading. I know it took a long time to read this...

You guys have been with me for so long, and your excitement and enthusiasm brought a smile to my face whenever one of you reviewed. :)

Thank you for all of that dedication, time, and for your words.

I would be glad to read any of your stories you may write in the future..

To anyone who read and did not comment, thank you for reading! If you would like to leave comments, you can do so, either by PM or on here. I would also be happy to read your stuff too.

I have no doubt that this will eventually be closed, as it falls to the bottom. If you happen to read this after it is closed, you are more than welcome to e-mail me or PM me with any comments you may have, or just to contact me.

And thank you everyone else on the boards for tolerating this story on the board.

Thank you all.

21. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    I wanted to send a special thank you to Jedi_Linewalker, my Qui-Gon in this set of Notes.

You have done a WONDERFUL job as Qui-Gon. You shared a lot of wisdom, you portrayed the character actuarately, you took the time to write the replies, and it has been a pleasure to work with you on this.

Thank you so much!!!!!!

22. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Ahh, I enjoyed these notes. Espcially the note concer ning love. I fully understand what Qui Gon means too. Here's my take, I should love my spouce deeply and I would if I had one.. if someoone kidnapped them and threatened to harm them if I didn't give up my faith in Jesus. I'd flatly refuse to deny Jesus, although, I'd be concerned for their safty but they, like I have put our lives into God's hands. There's nothing man or being can do to either of us that can sway or destory our faith. I'd hope my future spouce wouldn't deny my Jesus just to save my life. I hope I'm making sense.;-)

I can identify with the Jedi and in many ways stand for the same things they do only I know the force and his name is Jesus.:-D He uses me not the other way around.

LS2001, there's a fanfic round robin were I'm writting about terrans meeting up with jedi. It gets interesting when they atart asking questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.