main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Qui-Gon Becoming One with the Force

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth Master Titus, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

Welcome to the boards Cleo Jinn. To me, that was a very powerful moment.

2. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    I don't recall that. What lines did Qui-Gon speak to clarify Yoda's philosophy?

3. Prospecting on Subtyrrell

Prospecting on Subtyrrell Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2014
    It isn't really explained because you don't need to know, just like you don't need to know how a Jedi force lifts an object. Qui Gon represent ascension, enlightenment. He has reached Buddha level wisdom and is rewarded by the Force with life in another plane of existence. All we get told is that it involves some kind of technique since he teaches Yoda and Obi Wan how to do it also.

As to why other Jedi in the past have not been able to do it, can mean they never reached that level of enlightenment, or that there has been a change in the Force. Perhaps as a result of dark siders extending life themselves? Me myself I tend to stick to the theory that Anakin was the Force's reaction to Darth Plageius and Sidious manipulating midi chlorians to create life. If we are to believe Sidious he or they were not successful, but perhaps the result was Anakin? Maybe all of this represents a larger evolution in the Force? It would certainly fit with the balance and prophecy themes.

4. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    Well,I was always under the impression that Neeson was less than enthusiastic about the way TPM turned out and pretty much declined further involvement. That's not to say there was any animosity between him and Lucas. (Yeah he came back for TCW and all that) But I think it's just a case of him saying, "Thanks,but this really isn't worth my time & effort." Hence the re-used dialogue and cringeworthy "Nooo!".

I remember Lucas also stating that the concept of "Jedi retaining their identity" was pretty much lost between the cracks of the PT. So it was never going to be this deep storyline as I was expecting at the close of TPM. I'm guessing if Neeson were available,he'd have finished the ROTS deleted scene for inclusion just to give us SOME closure on the issue.

5. Cleo Jinn

Cleo Jinn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 7, 2015
    Thanks

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

I already covered this on page one.

7. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    I think the whole controversy about Liam Neeson comes across because of a interview he did for the Toronto Sun in 2003...

I can't find the actual article from the Toronto Sun site, but, there are plenty of other outlets that reported on it...

Neeson was giving his opinion that because of the pyro and cgi, AOTC was out of touch with audiences, which I strongly disagree with, and it is my opinion that Neeson is out of touch with audiences. As evidenced by his doing the same type of movie, over and over... and over... and over...

More recently Neeson has been quoted with more non-sense about CGI and Audiences (2014)...

Neeson is referring to Elysium, but, he conveniently forgets about CGI laden movies that were huge successes in and prior to 2014...

Guardians of the Galaxies (2014)
    Hobbit (2014)
    Transformers: Age of Extinction
    Iron Man
    Avengers
    etc etc etc

mes520 and thejeditraitor like this.
  8. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    It would have been nice to include the novel dialogue between Yoda and Qui Gon in ROTS with Qui Gon speaking through the Force like Obi Wan did to Luke in ANH. That would be good for the audience than just Yoda stating it as fact and we have to accept it.