main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Qui-Gon Jinn - Bad Guy???

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by harry_d12, Apr 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harry_d12

harry_d12 Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2001
    Is it just me or do several things point to the fact that Qui-Gon could be a bad guy?
    1) Maul seems only interested in fighting him
    2) He insists on training Anakin, despite knowing his fate
    3) When asked by Anakin if he is a Jedi, he never says he is, he dodges the question
    4) His body doesn't dissapear when he is killed by Darth Maul, unlike Obi-Wan's, Anakin's and Yoda's. ( if you don't belive me, check starwars.com and look at the profiles. )
    What do you think, bearing in mind George Lucas said that there was a big twist in episode 2...

2. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    1) That would tend to point out Qui-Gon is an obstacle in darth Maul's path, regardless of his alignment.

2) He doesn't know what his fate truly is, he just knows the boy could bring balance to the force and, as any good Jedi, Qui-Gon is interested in balance and seeks balance.

3) Why ? Concealement is a most important value on a planet ruled by Hutts immune to many Force powers, and who might prove eager to destroy any envoy from the Republic who could cause harm to his illegal activities.

4) How could the magnificent scene of Qui-Gon's cremation occur at the end of TPM had it been the case ?

A few last words : please write a warning before posting spoilers on the non EpII-EpIII boards, there are some people (including myself) who don't want to know anything about EpII or III until they are released.

Regards

- Ban

3. Lamja

Lamja Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001

Qui-Gon Jinn ist a Jedi and he allway be one.
    Forever...

:)

4. Appan_Parsu

Appan_Parsu Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 11, 2001
    The last point about Qui-Gon's death, it is only when a Jedi is at peace, knowing their death to be a 'passing' to the Force that they 'dissappear'. He like Anakin died due to a violent death, they were not ready for death.

Arr you might say, so did Obi-wan, but he accepted his coming death, before been cut down by (the then) Vader. As did Yoda by laying down on his bed.

5. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Anakin also accepted his death ("now go my son, leave me." "I've got to save you!" "You already have, Luke."). See the last line?

And again, we don't know why Qui and Anakin didn't disappear. If you remember, GL said that all about Jedi disappearing will be explained in Ep.II and III. (and that's not a spoiler).

6. Appan_Parsu

Appan_Parsu Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 11, 2001
    Anakin had accepted his death after his injuries, Obi-wan accepted before the fatal
    blow.

7. ETB

ETB Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    You must really b mad. Take it from me, the Star Wars master

1) Darth Maul wanted the Queen. Qui-Gon was allways there protecting her, and so Darth Maul had top get rid of him to accomplish his goal. Obi-Wan was also there during the final battle, but he wasn't during the Tatooine scene. If Obi-Wan went with Qui-Gon, he would of fought Maul just as many times as his master.

2) He saw from his mind that Anaking was to be trained and saw that he could be the balance in the force. (When in actual fact, Luke Skywalker was the balance of the force). He knew they could not escape destiny, so they had to train him.

3) He doesn't want to give Anakin's hopes up, so he doesn't say anyhing to Anakin when he asks, but he can see that he will be powerful so he nods solemnly. Plus he does not show great emotion, so a nod is good enough.

4) When a Jedi Burial can not be made, th ebody trancnds into the force. Even Anakin's body did not "evapourate". Anakin had the same funeral with the Vader helmet on.

Come on! Use logic!!

8. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Just one thing, everyone keeps saying that Anakin didn't disappear when he died... well he did, that was only his suit that got brunt in the end.

9. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

MYSTIC_KNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2002
    Ok first of all. Oui-Gon is not a bad guy, he was just himself and were accepted for it by the other jedi´s. And what I heard is Jedi_Master_Damir right. It was only the siut that was burned. The body had diseapered. Qui_gon wasn´t ready to die and that was the reason that his body didn´t disearpered.

10. TK-254

TK-254 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2002
    How can you be sure of, Vader disappearing when he died? I thin GL would have made it much more obvious if he was to vanish at his death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.