main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Qui-Gon Jinn Challenge Thread - Note on first post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jinn is MINE, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Juliet No, there is no length limit! And yes, you can turn him back to the light. He just has to be evil somewhere in the story. So write away!!!:D

2. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    He can be redeemed??!!!

Spill-over from Batman Blues? :D

Diane, Layren, May, Darshaasant: Glad you liked. :D My mum read it through, and said she didn't understand what the fuss was about. After which I spent hours explaining how wonderful Qui truly was... [face_love]

3. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    ithesock Perhaps your Mom didn't understand that Qui-Gon had killed the gardener... LOL, I can picture you trying to get her to see just how wonderful that tall Jedi Master really is... As for me, I'm having a terrible time thinking of something that would be evil. Perhaps after I see Batman begins...

4. ithesock

Mar 12, 2005
    Perhaps your Mom didn't understand that Qui-Gon had killed the gardener

Too right she didn't. She kept saying "So he's drawing circles in the ground...looks like a nice boy." [She loves gardening].

After which I spent ten minutes ranting about her lack of 'vision', and my inability to convey Qui's...intentions. Sigh.

I bet you'll produce a really vicious Qui. :D

5. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Perhaps your Mom didn't understand that Qui-Gon had killed the gardener

Too right she didn't. She kept saying "So he's drawing circles in the ground...looks like a nice boy." [She loves gardening].

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Nice boy!. Your Mom sounds great...LOL. I did understand about the gardening. Hey, once you bury a body there, it should grow even better!

6. ithesock

Mar 12, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Like I said...really vicious Qui, you'd write. :D

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    First off welcome raisedbywolves!!! [:D]

With Loaded Dice - Love how this can still be so cannon.... creepy as others have said and very well done!! Nice way to introduce yourself!! I look forward to more! :D :D

A Question of Faith - I'm torn by the deep affection between master and apprentice and the stunningly chilling actions the Qui-Gon appears capable of. Ummm.... ithesock...I think this is deserving of a few more viggies or a full blown story!

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Hmm...very tempting challenge! A plot bunny is stalking me. Oh no! :p

9. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Well, a plot bunny hit me.[face_batting]

Title: Ecstasy
    Author: dianethx
    Summary: Qui-Gon Jinn has grown addicted to the Living Force in oh so many ways.
    Timeframe: Pre-TPM
    Are you kidding? AU, of course.

Paradise.

The white-hot passion burst through his veins, a lava flow of ecstasy engulfing him in flame. The agony of it was indescribable. Little pops of pain-pleasure bubbling in his blood, the bliss of rapturous indulgence seeping into the very cells of his body, mating, dancing, swirling with the blaze of color and light and life. He could feel himself growing ever more powerful, the core of his reality swelling with each wave of bliss as he swallowed the entire universe of delight in a single, unending feast of the Living Force.

It went on for a lifetime, that burn of ecstasy, and he could have gladly died under its spell. But it was not to be.

Slowly, slowly, the white faded into yellows and reds and black. And Qui-Gon Jinn fell from the heights of paradise into the grinding reality of the now. Blinking with eyes still half-crazed with longing, he found himself kneeling in the debris of a back alley. He looked down to find his hand gripping a woman, a prostitute by the cut of her clothes, young and fragile and so very drained. She lay there moaning, whimpering in the dying light.

She had asked him if he wanted to know pleasure, to find comfort in the joining of two bodies. For money, she reminded him but she had promised him such things... Of course, she thought him an honorable man, a Jedi, a guardian of the weak and helpless beings of the Galaxy. She had no idea of the cravings of the inner soul, of how the Living Force sang to him of hunger and sweetness in the Light. For her, cravings were only of the flesh and transitory. She was learning just how fleeting flesh could be.

She whimpered again. Looking at the girl, he ignored the dirty rags that covered her bony form; he did not see the fan of auburn hair spread out on the filthy alley floor nor the sheen of terror coating her face with desperation. He only saw the luminous pulse of Living Force energy still beating in her heart, the captured essence of her life begging to be freed.

For him. The feast of light was all for him.

Her horror-shot eyes opened, anguish smearing the color to ocean depths as she stared up at him. "Please, no...." she begged, "You're a Jedi. You...."

"Hush, young one, hush." His hand brushed gently across her bruised cheek, softly following the thread of flowing energy down towards her neck. "Live in the moment, my little morsel." And then his fingertips rested there and began to devour once more the Living Force lying within her. He was pulling the very life from her body, and oh it felt good. "I need your acceptance, your joy in the service of the Jedi." He smiled down, feral and cruel and satiated. "I need your light."

"No." Terror in a single word. She clawed at him, trying to wiggle free of his iron strength before it was too late. Pushing, shoving, at his arm, at his cloak, at his face, desperate to escape, she groaned with effort. But it was already too late. She could not fight him. There was not strength enough in the universe to fight the monster leaning over her, killing her with his need, destroying her with one touch of his hand, the hunger pulling, feeding on her luminescent energy.

Even as the soul-searing pleasure began to fire in his veins once more, one part of him puzzled at her reluctance. Did she not understand that it was for her that he did this, for the universe? Could she not realize that he must carry on in the Light and bring peace and justice to all? And if there were to be a few sacrifices along the way, should she not gladly give her life for it?

She did not seem to understand, only struggle against him. But it was futile. One final push and she fell back, panting, each breath a little shallower, a little quieter. Her heart stuttered once before she surrendered to the unending night, as he dra

10. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Well, Diane! When you decide to make Qui-Gon evil you just pull out all the stops. Don't you??? Loved it! It was delicously evil and twisted and warped! I like that! [face_laugh] [face_devil]

11. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Yow. Ow. Owwwww....

Told you you'd write a truly vicious Qui. Wow, you've gone all out.

I'll admit the first paragraphs were...oooh. It was hot in there. I tell you. <fans self>

The white-hot passion burst through his veins, a lava flow of ecstasy engulfing him in flame. The agony of it was indescribable. Little pops of pain-pleasure bubbling in his blood, the bliss of rapturous indulgence seeping into the very cells of his body, mating, dancing, swirling with the blaze of color and light and life. He could feel himself growing ever more powerful, the core of his reality swelling with each wave of bliss as he swallowed the entire universe of delight in a single, unending feast of the Living Force.

The descriptions were awesome - you brought it alive. So he drains the Living Force out of them. Nice. Waves of bliss, indeed. :eek: Truly Jinn-like. :D

>>And Qui-Gon was still hungry. "Only what I must.">>>

It appears there's no bias in his mind about his targets...now he's going for Obi!

Bravo, m'dear! That was truly an amazing piece. =D=

HL: Thank you. Glad you liked my effort.

Vadey: Produce a story, you will. :D

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    How did I miss yours sockie!? I though I had replied because I remember reading it earlier. Agh! I'm getting older faster than I thought!

Anyway, =D= Stunning as usual!

13. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Thank you. I'm glad my hint worked.

:p [face_laugh]

14. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    :eek::eek:

Wow Diane!!! Every piece you write you leave me in awe of your talent .....that's just breathtaking! Pardon the lack of a better word ;) Brilliant!!=D==D=

15. darshaassant

darshaassant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    EEEEK1 That was really evil! Made my hair stand up on end. Poor girl and poor Obi....

16. raisedbywolves

raisedbywolves Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    Hi Everyone!

First off, thanks for the nice welcome... I'm glad you liked my first story! [face_batting] I, too, was surprised how little I had to tweak Qui-Gon's psyche to make him so nasty. I guess whereas our favorite Jedi as we know and love him in "real life" bends the rules when he has to, evil Qui does whenever he feels like it.

As for the other two stories... *runs screaming from evil Qui-Gons pursuing her with rose shears and, ummm... freaky lustful Force devouring powerful-ness*

YIKES!!

I loved it that each of these stories seemed to play off of a desire that's understandable at some level. As a kid who grew up working in my Mom's vegetable garden, I totally get the whole weeding-as-anger-management thing as well as the anger at people who destroy plants. (Before I got here, I didn't know Qui-Gon was a gardener, but I guess it's just one more reason he's so... sigh [face_love] OK never mind.) And as for the second one, I'll just say excellent use of the sex and violence connection we all know so well from horror movies. Freaky... just freaky! I could sort of imagine it as a continuation of the only slightly evil path he takes in my story, once Qui has sunk so low that he thinks the sacrifices people should make to him don't just involve handing over their kids but also their life essence. And, I love it that Qui-Gon's understanding of the Force is also his justification for killing the girl: "Hey, we're all one in the Living Force anyway, right? So lay back and enjoy it!"

In any case, I think we now know why the Council felt it needed to keep a close watch on Qui-Gon.

17. raisedbywolves

raisedbywolves Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    d...erm, can't spell name:I don't actually have anything against stodgy old Obi-Wan. But evil Qui surely would have... If I'd kept writing this, Obi-Wan would've gotten bumped off.

18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    diane, that was very disturbing. For not being able to envision him dark that was truly black!! ;) Descriptive and wonderful as always! :)

19. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    She did it!!! Holy freaking Force monkies! :eek:

Great job diane! Though I saw it thru yahoo's group first [face_laugh]

Whoa... it was intense! Loved the imagery you gave us! The description of how he was feeling when he was doing that... totally blows you away!

20. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    VaderLVR6 Yep, I certainly made him evil enough :p. It was actually quite hard to do so since he's just not an evil guy to me...[face_love] Thanks.

Princess_A Vicious.... well, he's just trying to get along, you know. Trying to tap into the Living Force in others is hard work! But he does enjoy his place in the universe, maybe a little too much. And, yes, Obi-Wan was next. It is AU after all. Unless, Obi was just the decoy and Van Helsing arrived in time to save the day! Nah, Obi's toast. Thanks.

Layren Thanks. I do try although I think my next story will have to be humorous. This one was a little dark. :p

darshaassant Thanks. I try, I really do. Poor Obi indeed. Glad you enjoyed it.

raisedbywolves You are absolutely right. I think the Council needs to keep close tabs on Qui-Gon. Glad you enjoyed it. And hope to see more of your stories on the boards!

Leona Thanks. I think Qui-Gon could go truly black if he had enough motivation. But it would have to be a darn good reason. And thanks ever so much for all your help!

Kynstar Yes, I did. Surprised? :p Well, you know how I am, intense is my middle name (right next to trouble and silly and is she serious?) Thanks for reading.

Edit: darn markup codes...

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: I Want It Back
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Xanatos
    Summary: Sometimes old debts come due.
    Notes: Written for the Dark Qui challenge! [face_devil]

Is it wrong to admit that I love writing evil Qui?

I Want It Back

The room was quiet and dark and the man sleeping on the bed remained unaware that danger stalked him. Danger had, in fact, entered his chamber and stood beside his bed watching him sleep for the last time.

A shuddering sigh came from the tall figure by the bed, a sigh that spoke of longing and regret, but most of all it spoke of fulfillment that would soon be his. The sleeping man mumbled in his sleep, perhaps some primitive intuition coming to life as some forgotten instinct sensed his imminent peril.

But the civilized voice must have drowned out the ancient one, and he fell into slumber once more.

Qui-Gon smiled, studying the scar on the pale cheek.

He remembered vividly the day that scar had burned into Xanatos? ivory flesh. He remembered Xan?s voice as he screamed out his hatred for the Jedi in general and Qui-Gon Jinn in particular. And those screams had caused something inside the tall Jedi to twist. Something inside that was good and noble had cracked and nothing he had done since that day had repaired it.

It had disappeared, bit by bit, day by day, until nothing was left but the shell of Qui-Gon. The man, the Jedi who had existed before that day faded away into nothingness and no one even noticed.

A seed had been planted inside of him that day, and it was now ready to bear its deadly fruit. It had devoured him and brought into existence instead this monstrous thing that stood by Xan?s bed.

Qui-Gon had lost what he once was, what he had felt, everything he had held dear.

And Xan had been responsible.

It was time to pay old debts.

Qui-Gon leaned down and whispered in Xan? ear, just as he had done so many times to wake him up when he was a boy.

?It is time to face the day, Xanatos,? he murmured.

For a moment, the younger man did not grasp the situation. He too, was transported back to days long gone and it seemed perfectly natural to hear the voice of his Master in his ear, calling him to yet another day.

But then he came fully awake and sat up, his eyes wide with disbelief and perhaps a touch of? fear?

Qui-Gon smiled almost tenderly and brushed back the inky black hair that was always so much softer to the touch than one expected.

?Surprised, Xannie?? He asked, reverting back to the affectionate nickname of long ago when they had both been something better than they were now.

?What?? Xan actually sputtered, which caused Qui-Gon to chuckle at his former Padawan?s discomfiture. ?What are you doing here??

Qui-Gon shrugged and threw the younger man a robe. ?I?m here to visit an old friend,? he said with a slight smile. ?Is that so wrong?? Something in Qui-Gon?s eyes shifted but then the gaze was the same tolerant, somewhat amused blue of before.

?How did you find me?? Xan said as he stood up and pulled the robe on over his shoulders. His movements were jerky and flustered as he tied the robe.

Qui-Gon laughed out loud then and shook his head. ?Xan, my boy, really! Did you think you remained in hiding all these years through your own efforts?? The Jedi held Xan?s chin and looked into the sapphire gaze of his one-time apprentice. ?I let you remain where you were, Xannie. I knew where you were every moment of every day.? He smiled coldly. ?I know what you ate for breakfast yesterday and I even know the name of your latest mistress.? He clucked. ?She?s no good for you, you know. She?s only after your money.?

?How??

?I always was resourceful, Xanatos. Surely you remember that??

?Why??

?Why not?? Qui-Gon answered softly. ?You took something from me and I?m here to get it back.?

Puzzlement clouded Xan?s bright blue gaze and he stared up at Qui-Gon. ?I didn?t take anything from you.?

?Oh, but you did,? Qui-Gon insisted, his thumb brushing the scar on Xan?s cheek. ?You took m

22. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhhhhh that was evil! [face_mischief] Deliciously evil! Yay! He got back at Xan! :( But Qui-Gon... you won't get nothing back by doing what you juz did! :_|

Great job :D Loved it!

23. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Is it wrong to admit that I love writing evil Qui? [face_laugh] Only if you don't write any more! Excellent job of evilness. Qui-Gon following Xan's career and personal life is creepy, like a Jedi stalker! Shivers:eek: Great job.

24. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    :eek::eek: Kimberley! That was so deliciously wicked! =D==D=

I am really enjoying all of these evil Qui fics :D Keep them coming!!

25. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Ack! :eek: So many stories! I have to catch up! I spent last four days visiting my sister (a thirteen hour drive there and back!) so I haven't had time or access and now there is so much to catch up on! ...

Sounds like fun!

*bounces off to read*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.