main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Qui-Gon Jinn/Dooku film

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by StarWarsFan91, Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Good point. I hope if this happens it's someone who can capture the character right.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd definitely be interested. Both characters could use fleshing out. I wonder if it should be animated or live-action. I also wonder if we could see Plagueis's master and Plaguies in the same film.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  3. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    The possibilities are endless with spin-offs, and if Disney is smart they'll milk every last story out of Star Wars lore that they can lol. It'd be cool if they could make everything come together too, like a big puzzle, that'd be neat. I foresee dozens of spin-offs and several more inter-related trilogies and duologies over the next few decades.

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    A Young Dooku: Arnold Vosloo (Young Christopher Lee to the left)

[​IMG]

5. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    To fine-adjust my post above... Arnold Vosloo would work best as a middle-aged/older Dooku in a film taking place 10-20 years prior to TPM. The film could explore how he eventually turned to the dark side.

Now, for even younger "Dookus"... If we're looking for a mid 20's to early 30's Dooku in a film taking place around 40 years prior to TPM, I'd cast:

Toby Kebbel - he is 33 now so there's alot you could do with makeup/effects to make him look both younger and older. Also, he is English!
    This film could explore the relationship between Dooku and a very young padawan-Qui-Gon.
    [​IMG]

Finally, a kid Dooku...

Lincoln Melcher
    Could be used for a short intro scene or flashback, since I doubt anyone would want to see a complete film about a kid Dooku training under Yoda.
    [​IMG]

6. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    If he were only undead. We lost a great one. Because of him I may get around to watch The Hobbit. Don't really want to. Love the book.

7. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    I'm in for it. Two of my favorite characters. And I'd love to Dooku's giving into the dark side after QG's death.

8. SalaciousCrumb81

SalaciousCrumb81 Jedi Master

Aug 5, 2002

well they could cast over 2,500 actors to find the perfect Dooku. They are doing it for a young Han. I loved Lee as Dooku and whoever does fill the role, if ever, has big shoes to fill :)

9. SalaciousCrumb81

SalaciousCrumb81 Jedi Master

Aug 5, 2002
    How does Liam Neeson feel these days about Star Wars? Has he any interest in coming back if asked?

10. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    I feel like he could come back. He doesn't look much younger than he did in TPM. They can always get a make up artist to make him younger and even slightly cgi him to make him look younger.

11. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 31, 2002
    Exactly how long would it take place before Episode I? 10 years? 20 years? More? Let's put it at 15 for now. Since Episode I came out in 1999, Liam Neeson was 45 when during most of the filming, and a potential Episode 0 would have him at 30. Since he is now 62, it's not a good idea for him to play himself at 30.

Perhaps he can play Dooku. He's 6'4, while Christopher Lee was 6'5. And he's the perfect age to play him. :)

asdjklghty likes this.
  12. asdjklghty

asdjklghty Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2016
    Lol the 2 guys swap looks? I think Liam Neeson looks fine now, nothing some makeup and CGI can't fix. I really would like for a Qui-Gon movie as I feel he is very underrated. In some ways, I like him more than Obi-Wan because he was a grey Jedi and saw that the Council's ways weren't helping the Jedi and went his way, through the aid of the Force.

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. roninbjr 55

roninbjr 55 Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2015
    Pierce Brosnan would be perfect for Qui-Gon.

14. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    I've said this in another thread too I think, but a younger Qui-Gon/Dooku film could be neat because you can also have Maul/Sidious lurking & plotting their move in the background. In the end they could nearly cross paths for some irony on how much it would have changed everything as we know it. A lot of fans of all 4 of those characters could be really satisfied.

whostheBossk and roninbjr 55 like this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Jim would be back in a heart beat because he was in TCW.

16. Nomanslandent

Nomanslandent Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2016
    Honestly wish we had a scene between Liam Neilson and Chris Lee...... :(

whostheBossk likes this.
  17. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeah, Dooku frustrates me because he was such wasted potential. He's basically "proto-Vader," in the sense that he was a formerly respected/admired Jedi Master who was seduced by the DS and fell to evil. And the idea of him being Qui Gon's mentor was an interesting idea, especially since it sets up an potentially interesting dynamic with Obi Wan (Qui Gon's Padawan) and Anakin (the boy who Qui Gon found and believed in so much).

But they never did anything with it. Dooku comes out of nowhere in AOTC with now buildup/foreshadowing at all (a common issue in the PT), and aside from it being mentioned a couple of times, his past with Qui Gon/being an ex-Jedi has no real bearing on the films or his dynamic with the other two. And yeah, introducing him in a film set ten years AFTER Qui Gon's death was a mistake imo. I would have introduced Dooku in TPM as a Jedi. It didn't have to be a big role. Just one of two scenes of him talking to Qui Gon (Obi Wan could be there as well, just to set up that they know each other). And you establish that Dooku and Qui Gon still like and respect each other, but that they disagree a lot on some issues and maybe drop a few hints or foreshadowing for Dooku's eventual fall.

So basically, I'd set it pre-TPM, when Dooku and Qui Gon were still master and apprentice.

18. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    He's a wasted potential because he was shoehorned into the script for Episode II after the extreme backlash at Jar Jar Binks. We all know Jar Jar was supposed to be the villain of Episode II and III,

19. Pancellor Chalpatine

Pancellor Chalpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2015
    needs to happen. Hopefully they give great characters like Dooku and Windu their own films.

20. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    It will be interesting, but seeing that both characters was really poorly written (not because of actors), to try to find a story that helps both will be hard, and the image of prequels is so bad with many people around, if this people will watch this? As a fan of SW, of course i will, but a person will watch this? The marketing would be help much...

21. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I do think the prequel era should be given a shot in an anthology film. While the image of the prequels is sometimes portrayed as bad, the picture of the era itself has improved because of things such as TCW.

The Dark Times/OT era will be getting lots of love in Rouge One and the later Han Solo film. So I would like the prequel era to be given another chance film wise, and focus on a time period we havn't seen before.

The old Jedi Order also has its fanbase. People enjoy seeing the Jedi on screen. A spin off set pre-TPM is a chance to bring more of them on film besides Luke and Rey in the future.

One of positives of the prequels that people did like was young Obiwan. People enjoyed seeing this man in his prime. So already a younger version of an already existing character worked. So I think there could be a positive reception if Disney announced a Qui-Gon Jinn Origins film.

Here is a few things I would want to see in a spin off.

The training of a Jedi, including a practice duel between Qui-Gon and Dooku.

Yoda and also a young mace windu could appear.

Dooku being a good man, but hints of trouble (but not how Anakin was portrayed)

Young(er) Palpatine as a senator

Since it is star WARS (but there is no galactic based conflict yet), Dooku and Qui-Gon could be assigned as peacekeepers to a local Civil War on some planet.

Better scenery then what we got in Episode 7, such as Coruscant and whatever planet the Jedi duo find themselves on.

A Dark Jedi as the darksider. Since the Sith can't show themselves to the Jedi yet. In a film with the Jedi, you kinda need a darksider as a villain. A jedi falling to the darkside and is somehow involved in a civil war, could be one of the reasons Qui-Gon and Dooku are sent.

Non-force sensitive enemies that are a threat such as Bounty Hunters, etc.

22. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Tom Hiddelston would make a great young Dooku. I could see him with Christopher Lee's quiet, royal demeanor. Strong-willed and willing to clash with Yoda on the Jedi way. You'd need to cast a Jinn who is about 18, though. Tough to replace Neeson!

asdjklghty likes this.
  23. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Great!!! I want to see his fall. Did the Plageuis novel touch upon it?

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Thomo93

Thomo93 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015
    I would absolutely love this & I think it needs to be done, even if its an animated film. Since Qui Gon ended up being a crucial character in future events that mainly involved Anakin Skywalker & The Chosen One Prophesy. They should make a film about how Qui Gon learns and first discovers the ability to retain ones consciousness after death (Force Ghost). But was just unable to appear as a Force Ghost Physically only verbally, because he was unable to complete his training after his (Physical) death by Darth Maul. He was the very first known Jedi to achieved immortality, who then passed his teachings onto Yoda & then Obi Wan. Thus making them all still exist in the cosmic force, even in the era of The Force Awakens. Because you know, there immortal now Aha. If you watch TCW Season 6 Episodes 11 -13 all of this will make sense.

However, Anakin for some reason never had to learn to beome a Force Ghost in the end, must have been something to do with being the Chosen One I guess Aha. Pablo Hidalgo said there was a reason why & that it will be explained somewhere down the track. :)

25. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeah, now that's a question that I want to be answered. Especially with the Qui Gon retcon,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.