main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Qui-Gon Jinn: Jedi Master

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth Pipes, Jan 15, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    First and foremost, I am still committed to the "What if Darth Maul captured Queen Amidala" story. Still, I interested in starting a new fic to, one dealing with Qui-Gon's first mission as a Jedi Master. The story takes place more than 25 years before TPM and on a dangerous mission to oversee peace negoiations, Qui-Gon learns that being a Master doesn't mean that the learning stops.

Coruscant.

With dawn approaching, Jedi Knight Qui-Gon Jinn stood before the full Jedi Council. Also present were some of his closet friends. Sharad Hett, Tahl, Plo Koon, and his former padawan Davin Rook, who just a short while ago, was conferred the level of Jedi Knight.

Stepping forward was the Jedi Master Yoda, Qui-Gon's first leader and a senior member of the Council. The small master climbed upon a podium in front of Qui-Gon.

"Kneel." Yoda told Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon, a tall Jedi was a beard and shoulder-length hair tied in a ponytail, obeyed and knelt before the Jedi Master.

"Qui-Gon Jinn" Yoda began. "With Davin Rook's ascension to knighthood, finished the requirements for Jedi Masterhood, you have.
    Stronger you have grown. Caused the Council many grey hairs with your decisions you have."

With that, Qui-Gon could hear a slight chuckle in the Council room.

"Your accomplishments speak for themselves, despite this. Important to the order, you are and pleased to have you, we are."

Yoda took out his lightsaber. Qui-Gon knew the old master hadn't use it for many years, Yoda ignited it and laided it down by Qui-Gon, just inches away from his shoulder and said

"Confer on you the level of Jedi Master, the Council does." Yoda said, raising the saber and bringing it down inches from his other shoulder. "Rise, Master Qui-Gon Jinn."

Qui-Gon rose as Yoda powered down his saber and put it away. Qui-Gon looked straight into Yoda's face.

To his surprise, Yoda broke out in a smile. Yoda smiling was about as rare as finding open space on Coruscant.

"Congratulations, Qui-Gon, Yoda said. "Proud of you, I am."

Qui-Gon smiled and embraced the old master.

"Thank you, Master Yoda." Qui-Gon said.

A round of applause broke out in the Council room. It was led by the newly-appointed Council member, Master Mace Windu, who approached Qui-Gon and said

"Congratulations, my friend."

Qui-Gon shook his hand and thanked him. Soon, all tweleve members of the Council approached Qui-Gon and offered their congratulations. Then, Qui-Gon's friends surround him with their well wishes.

"With how you run afoul of the Council, I'm surprised your still alive." Sharad Hett said with a smile.

"I guess now that your a master, you won't be settling down and marrying me." the female Jedi Tahl said with a sly grin.

"If I do, you'll be the first to know." Qui-Gon replied with a lopsided grin.

"Congratulations Master." said Davin Rook, stepping forward to embrace Qui-Gon.

"Thank you Davin." Qui-Gon said, returning his embrace.

A celebration took place in the Council room that lasted many hours. When it finally ended, the Jedi exited the room, all except Qui-Gon, Mace Windu, and Yoda. Windu turned to Qui-Gon and said

"Qui-Gon, will you please comes with us to the star map room. We have some business to discuss."

"Of course." Qui-Gon responded, following his fellow masters to the star map room. Qui-Gon wondered just what this business was.

I have two more posts planned, which will give the details of Qui-Gon's mission. Then, if someone wants to pick up the story, go right ahead. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Darth Pipes

[This message has been edited by Darth Pipes (edited 01-16-2000).]

2. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Anyone have any feedback?

3. Jedi Igraine

Jedi Igraine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 1999
    Hello Darth Pipes,

Nice beginning, I'm looking forward to more. Since the release of Ep. 1 Qui-Gon has become my favorite character in the SW universe. This story shall hold a special place for me since this is one of my favorite topics as well as being one that I have labored over greatly in trying to write.

Just exactly what the knighting ceremony and the vows of knighthood would entail have enthralled me for a long time. Infact, I wrote up my own version of a Knight's oath some time ago as I started a similar story outline. Here's a little excerpt if you want more just e-mail me and I will send more.

"I do here swear fealty and do homage,
    to the peoples and beings of the Republic. To ever be a good Jedi Knight and true, obedient to the will of the force,
    reverent and generous, shield of the weak,
    foremost in battle, and champion of the right and the just. Thus swear I Qui-Gon Jinn."

The oath was inspired by the Society of Creative Anachronism's knight's oath.

Igraine

4. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    Keep writing, keep writing!

Igraine- I figured it was SCA-inspired but I had no idea that much.

5. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I'll post twice more tomorrow.

Darth Pipes

6. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    The continuation

Qui-Gon Jinn stepped into the star map room. There, Yoda and Mace Windu stood looking serious. Qui-Gon had always liked this room with its holographic representations of the many stars and there planets.

"Mission, for you, we have, Qui-Gon." Yoda said. "Very important, it is."

Yoda looked over to Mace Windu, who hit a control button on the holographic table, eliminating all the planet except two.

"These are the planet Aeon and Drayos." Mace Windu began. "For more than twenty years, the two have been at war. It started as a border dispute and eventually gripped both planets in full scale combat. It also has proved deadly for passing ships to that area. Several have been either destroyed or damage when caught in crossfire. However, after the two decades of bloodshed, the planets are now negoiating a peace treaty to end this destructive conflict"

"Problems, however." Yoda added.

"There are extremists on both sides who don't want the conflict to end. The biggest problem however, is the Hutts."

With that, Mace activated a viewscreen behind them and up came a picture of one of the Hutts.

"Most notable. Mace continued. Mallo the Hutt. The Hutts, especially Mallo, have made a fortune smuggling weapons to both sides the last few years and want to make sure business stays the same."

"I see." Qui-Gon nodded. "And my mission would be...

"Your mission is too oversee the peace conference and make sure nobody interferes." Mace Windu finished.

"Vital, you are, Qui-Gon. A chance for peace this is." Yoda said.

"The peace conference is scheduled to begin in three days. The site of the conference is the Governer's mansion in the capital of Aeon. You are to work with planetary security on both sides to insure nothing interferes with the peace talks." Mace Windu finished.

"Have there been any threats made againest the talks." Qui-Gon added.

Windu shook his head.

"Some, but nothing serious. But the level of danger for these talks are great. We need one of our best to ensure these talks go off without a hitch. Peace between these two planets can help stablize their entire sector."

"I will do everything in my power to make sure they do, Master Windu. I swear by the Force. When do I leave."

"Your crusier leaves in three hours from landing platform 1327."

Qui-Gon turned to Yoda and said

"I would like all information on this matter transferred to my quarters. I wish to review it."

Yoda nodded. Qui-Gon faced both masters, bowed, and was preparing to leave the room.

"Qui-Gon." Mace Windu called out. Qui-Gon had a feeling about what he was going to say.

"This is an important mission. Try not to get...distracted."

"Distracted?"

"Pick up strays, do not." Yoda said firmly.

"I will do what I must, my masters. And hey, it's me." Qui-Gon responed with a roguish grin.

Yoda didn't seem too thrilled but said

"With you, the Force will be Qui-Gon."

With that, Qui-Gon left the room and headed for his quarters were he spent the next two hours reviewing his mission.

The situation between the two planets was very violate. Much hatred exsisted. Plus, with the Hutts in the picture, this situation was alot more complicated. But he was now a Jedi Master, strong in the Force. That would be all he needed.

That was my second part. I intend to write at least one more part.

Darth Pipes

7. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    The third part.

After more than two hours of reviewing the information for his upcoming mission, Qui-Gon departed from his quarters to get to landing platform 1327. Before he was to leave however, there was one last thing he had to do. That one thing happend to be coming right at him.

Davin Rook turned to face him. Davin was almost as tall as Qui-Gon and had light blond hair to go with his green eyes. At 25, Davin was on his way to a bright future in the Order, one Qui-Gon thought that could lead him to a seat on the Jedi Council itself! Davin approached Qui-Gon and said

"Master."

Qui-Gon smiled.

"You don't have to call me master anymore Davin. You are now a knight."

"That will take some time to get use too."

The two men walked together as Qui-Gon was on his way out.

"I on my way to Aeon for a mission. Before I went, I wanted to take my leave of you." Qui-Gon said.

"Yes. My first mission is tomorrow. I will be sent to Bestine." Rook responed as the two reach the exit and stepped out onto the streets of Coruscant.

They finally arrived at a street corner where Qui-Gon awaited an air taxi to take him to the platform.

"You realize Davin, now that you are no longer my padawan, we may see very little of each other?"

"Yes...I know Qui-Gon." said Davin, a hint of sadness in his voice. "You will go your way and I will go mine. You probably will be taking on a new padawan soon. Xanatos?"

Qui-Gon smiled. Xanatos was a boy he had found on Telos and brought to the Temple. Qui-Gon and Davin as well, had been close to the boy, despite his nature of starting trouble. Qui-Gon usually insist that the boy didn't start the trouble.

"Most likely." Qui-Gon responed. "He will finished his temple training shortly and has a bright future in the Order. As do you."

Davin smiled.

"I know who I can thank for that, Qui-Gon...

"There is no need to thank me." Qui-Gon interrupted. "I only helped to guide you."

"You did more than that Qui-Gon." Davin said as an air taxi landed near them. "You have been a teacher, father, and good friend to me. I couldn't be the person I am without you. An for that, I will always be grateful."

Qui-Gon smiled, very touched by Davin's words. He embraced his former student and Davin embraced him.

"May the Force by with you, Davin." Qui-Gon said.

"And with you, Qui-Gon." Davin responed. He then turned and walked back to the Temple and out of Qui-Gon's life.

Qui-Gon then turned and entered the air taxi, which took him to landing platform 1327. After a short wait, the Republic Crusier, Radiant V, landed and opened its ramp. Out step a man in uniform.

"Master Qui-Gon Jinn." the man said. "I'm Captain Georgin Lucas, the captain of this crusier. I'm here to take you to Aeon."

"I am ready." Qui-Gon said, joining the captian as the two walked up the ship's ramp.

"Make yourself comfortable. Aeon is sixteen hours away at hyperspace. Plus, the area around there isn't very hospitable." Captain Lucas said.

A few moments later, the Radiant V took off from Coruscant and made the jump to hyperspace. Aeon lied ahead, where Qui-Gon would prepare for one of the toughest missions of his life.

I may add on one more part then anyone else can pick up the story.

Darth Pipes

8. Misty the Pokemon trainer

Misty the Pokemon trainer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 1999
    Oh, this is good. Please, go ahead and finish your other story, but don't forget this one. It needs you, too!!!!

9. Misty the Pokemon trainer

Jul 26, 1999
    Oh, this is good. Please, go ahead and finish your other story, but don't forget this one. It needs you, too!!!!

10. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Hurray! I found two new (new to me) Qui-Gon stories in one day. The Force has finally found me.
    Please Darth Pipes continue this story.

[This message has been edited by HealerLeona (edited 03-12-2000).]

11. Return of the Wattowatta

Return of the Wattowatta Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Doing good...

Impressive, most impressive...

12. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I love it! Keep it coming, Darth Pipes!

13. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    W0W!

I'm amazed anyone found this story. Not many people reviewed it at first and then I forgot about it as I began work on my What if fanfic.

However, I am still working on my "What if the Empire (Ep 4-6) traveled back in time to Ep 1")fanfic and will be for a while. However, if someone wants to pick this up and continue the story, you are more than welcome to. Remember, in this story, Qui-Gon learns that being a Jedi Master doesn't nesscary mean you have all the answers.

Again, thanks for resurrecting this thread and best of luck to whoever decides to take it.

Darth Pipes

[This message has been edited by Darth Pipes (edited 03-12-2000).]

14. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Qui-Gon Jinn is also my favorite character. This is a great story so far! Please continue!

15. HanSagan

HanSagan Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2000
    I need to get in touch with Peter Mether, director of 'dark redemtion'. Does anyone have his email address? Or If you're reading this Peter, please get in touch with me...

haynesfilm@eudoramail.com

...thanks

16. Smashalot

Smashalot Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 1999
  17. neimoidian_85

neimoidian_85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Do I have to by something. What do I do or where do I go>

18. MiSTRFiNGA

MiSTRFiNGA Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2000
    goto http://www.theforce.net/scifi3dwww.theforce.net/scifi3d and goto the FAQ section for your answers young Padawan

-=(V)iSTRFiNGA=-

19. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    I've said I was gonna do this a million times but now I finally have.

Check the FAQ page now for all those questions about where to get software.

20. GuanoLad

GuanoLad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 1998
    When I see a question like that, I wonder to myself if there is a likelihood of the answers being satisfying. If this person doesn't even know how it's done (i.e. it's made by a 3D modelling software package) even in it's most basic form, would they really be the kind that would actually go out there and do it?

For me, I've understood the concepts and basic elements behind modelling and animation for 20 years - it's only now I've finally had the opportunities to try it out for myself. So I've had that concept and knowledge slowly growing and being more concretely implanted in my mind since then. Others find it hard to think in virtual 3D, but to me it's second nature.

Anyway... such are my thoughts. I rambled a bit there...

21. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Well, the main point now is we don't have to answer them anymore. It's all in the FAQ. Altho this one is kinda further out there than the typical "where is it at" question. I don't know what to tell him. People really need to answer their own questions to some degree. This is something he'll have to figure out himself. All we can do in give them gas station like directions.

22. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Better YOU get asked those question than me

I have no patience. I fell to the Darkside long ago.

23. Misty the Pokemon trainer

Jul 26, 1999
    I really like you other story, but this story, too, is a great one. Please, don't forget about this one and post as soon as you can!

24. Croaten

Croaten Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2000
    Good story!

25. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I appreciate this story being brought back to the top but I really don't have anything else to write for it. If someone wants to pick this up, they are more then welcome too.

Darth Pipes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.