main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Qui-Gon Jinn Theories

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I would like to hear everybody's theories on why Qui-Gon Jinn didn't dissapear after he was killed, And why Yoda heard his voice during Anakin's Tusken slaughter on Tattoine. If anyone guesses correctly then I will bye you a large Steak and Shake milkshake after the first showing of Episode 3. :)

2. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    I never really understood the disapearing factor in Star Wars. But it looks like Obi and Yoda were prepared to face their death (Yoda knowing he was sick, Obi being kinda meditating when vader slashed him), whiule Qui-Gon was tricked and surprised by Maul's strike. Maybe is spirit, not being ready, got trapped in his body (are they burning Jedi bodies to free their spirit, like Qui-Gon and Vader?).
    I think Yoda heard Qui-Gon because he was in that "force-meditation" thingy, and that Qui-Gon tried to stop Anakin (though the force, remembers, "the force surrounds us")to take a big step towards the Dark Side by killing women and children out of anger/vengeance.

3. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I think it may have something to do with Anakin saying something about "stopping people from dieing." Somehow, as the chosen one, he allows some sort of force doorway to the dead to be opened. His surge of emotions on Tattooine cracked the door momentarily enough for Qui-Gon to speak, but not be seen. None of the Jedi who died in the arena dissappeared either....

4. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    Perhaps to become one with the Force the jedi have to be calm and at peace, hence Obi & Yoda fading away while jedi in the arena not doing the same. There mindset would be on defense and attack, not serenity. As far as hearing Jinn's voice, Yoda didn't say that hearing disembodied voices was something new so perhaps it just is something already known by the jedi.

5. DemonJedi

DemonJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Well I think it has to do with an age factor.
    Look at the ones who disaperd old and wise.
    vs. the ones who didnt were young. However there is also Yoda and Obi- Wan knew that was the "way of things" "the way of the force" as Yoda would say they knew they were suppost to die thats what I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.