main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Qui-Gon Jinn's death

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by obiwanscountess, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Qui-Gon was in AoTC. He's hanging around somewhere.

2. obiwanscountess

obiwanscountess Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2005
    Hey Ewan McGregor was great at playing Obiwan and the way i see it he is the Obiwan. If he had to play Bens part in a new hope he would do a way better job the n Alec G.

3. Evil Solo

Evil Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2000
    Does anyone else think that Qui gon should have stayed alive

No, but this thread should die.

4. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    I can't believe you just majorly bagged Obi-wan outright!!! that's so wrong. And Ewan Mcgregors performance?? Now that's going too far.
    But don't get me wrong i really liiked Qui-Gonn and cryed the first time i saw him die. I wish he had stuck around a bit longer he was a cool character. I'm guessing you like the Jedi Apprentice books the; if you read EU.

-For anyone with the proper TPM dvd (not a cheap one bought from China for $2. I have it on video though),
    check this out. Its from IMdB:

"If you highlight the THX logo in the Language Selection page on the DVD and press 1138 with the remote you will access a hidden blooper reel."

5. November_Rain

November_Rain Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2004
    I think Obi-Wans a great charachter but the way Alec Guiness portrayed him and the way Ewan McGregor portrays him are completely different.

Qui Gon had to die some time or he would've been in the originals. Lucas contradicted himself, I thought Yoda trained Obi-Wan.

6. DarthOctavius

DarthOctavius Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2005
    he did when Obi-wan was a youngling,like Yoda does with all the younglings in the academy.Qui-gon just took Obi-wan under his wing,making him is padawan learner or apprentice.this is the next stage of training before going through the trials to become a Jedi Knight.

7. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    Yoda did train Obi-Wan but that was changed in the prequels. That's OK, though. Hey, Lucas can change everything as he sees fit. It's his story.

8. obiwanscountess

Jan 28, 2005
    I like the Jedi Apprentice books but i think in the ones with Obi wan and Anakin they make Anakin a bit to dark. Well not dark but too kind of a badboy kind of guy who doesnt follow the rules cause i mean if he did it to much the council would start to get the picture that somethings wrong like maybe hes evil. But i still like them. The ones with Qui gon are way better. They just make a really good team.

9. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Yeah- the Jedi Apprentice with Qui-gon is way better!! WIth anakin ones its like Jude Watson is trying too hard to make Ani look like a rebel early on when he wasn't. You don't get like that till you're a teenager.

10. obiwanscountess

Jan 28, 2005
    Ya i agree. In the one called the school of fear Anakin like disrespects the council and i mean you cant do that if your a jedi or a padawan even if your going to turn evil. You just dont do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.