main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Qui-Gon Learns A Lesson (very pre-TPM)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ValedaKor, Apr 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    A pre-TPM story. "Stars" Qui-Gon and a new Jedi we've never met before. Master Mace and Master Yoda make appearances.
    Hope you enjoy it. AngelQueen, this one's for you! LOL

From the younger days of our favorite Jedi...

"Qui-Gon Learns A Lesson"

"Talk to her you must, Qui-Gon."

Must I, Master Yoda? Tondalla never pays much attention to what I have to say."

"Different, this will be."

A heavy sigh. "As you wish, Master."

Yoda's great green ears twitched. "So agreeable, we are. A punishment, this is not."

Qui-Gon Jinn, senior Jedi Master, cocked his head and looked down at the diminutive green alien that sat in front of him in the Jedi Council Chamber. "Easy for you to say, Master. Obviously Master Tondalla Plesu has never talked //your// ears off."

Yoda reached forward and swatted him on the knee. "Ha ha, funny joke, Jedi Jinn." He indicated the doorway. "Waiting for you, she is, in the Library."

Qui-Gon's eyes snapped shut for a moment and then centered on Yoda's face again. Bowing low he said, "Perhaps a brother becoming the Regent of Kinas will have even Tondalla struck silent for a moment. I'm going, I'm going," he said, flinging his hands up as Yoda made pushing motions at him.

Knowing it would do no good to dawdle Qui-Gon headed directly for the Library. Although the Library was huge, occupying three full floors of the Temple on Coruscant, he had a fairly good idea where the other Jedi would be found.

The doors slid open at his command and he walked up to the Information Desk, where the clerk greeted him with a smile.

"It's been a while, Master Jinn," the young woman said, looking him up and down.

Qui-Gon Jinn was an imposing figure, tall, broad shouldered, even inch a Jedi, from his dark outer cloak to his heavy boots. He was also in his way quite handsome, with long hair that cascaded back from a high forehead, and bright blue eyes. His nose had been broken too many times to have him considered a perfect specimen of masculinity. Most women however had found the defect to be unremarkable.

His lips rose up in a smile. "I don't have occasion to get down to the Jedi Library too much lately, Dunnett. It's always nice to see you, though."

She grinned broader. "Thank you, Master. I take it you're looking for Master Tondalla."

He arched an eyebrow. "In the back stacks?"

"In the back stacks, yes indeed. But be careful, Master Qui-Gon," she added as he turned away from her. "She's created a minefield today with her datatapes."

Qui-Gon laughed. "Thank you for the warning, Dunnett."

Dunnett watched him stride down the hallway, his long cloak swirling around his legs. She heaved a sigh and turned back to the desk.

As Qui-Gon approached the rear of the floor he began to hear muffled speaking, the voice growing louder as he got closer to the farthest cubicle. Another moment and he chuckled and shook his head from side to side. Master Tondalla was talking rather loudly to herself.

"Where's that blasted datatape? Come out, come out, wherever you are. Blasted, accursed tapes...I know I put it around here somewhere...."

//Somewhere around there is pretty far off the mark//, Qui-Gon thought to himself. The trail of vids and tapes stretched far from the cubicle's entrance. //Better to announce myself now than wait for the consequences.//

"Master Tondalla, Master Yoda sent me," he said loudly.

The talk abruptly ceased. He heard the scrape of a chair being pushed across the floor and a bright blue scarf appeared above the cubicle cap, followed by a pair of the most enormous goggles that Qui-Gon had ever seen. Her eyes were grey orbs behind the magnifying lenses.

"Ah, Qui-Gon Jinn. What trouble are you in now, that Yoda sent you instead of another Jedi?"

He placed a hand across his heart. "You wound me, Tondalla, you really do. Or should I call you the Most Excellent, the Princess Exalted, the Regent's Beloved Sister?" He bent a knee and bowed low to her, concealing a smile.

"Humph. Don't remind me. So, you'

2. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Nice story! Loved the end bit in particular :) Certainly sounds how I imagine Mace!

3. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *AngelQueen dances around her room, hugging her handmaidens, and screaming in delight* I LOVED IT VALEDAKOR!!!!!!! IT WAS GREAT!!!!!! :D :D :D :D TOTALLY COOL!

*ahem* [face_blush]

Thanks a mil Val! I can never get enough Qui-Gon stories! *AngelQueen swoons*

AngelQueen

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I must agree, can't get enough Qui-Gon!! :)

Very nice story Valedakor!!

5. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Thanks to HealerLeona, and Jemmiah, and especially you, AngelQueen!

I agree, I can't get enough QG stories either. Gonna miss that big guy in EPII and III!

I've got research to do on the next Valeda Kor story, but QG lends himself to a whole slew of ideas, so I'll have to post another one, as soon as I can. This one kinda flowed off the pen...LOL.

Thanks again. Glad you liked it!

Helen

6. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    And I can't get enough of Qui-Gon stories too! This one is very good, though you left me a bit jealous at the end! ;)

7. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    BLATANT SELF PROMOTION HERE

Well, if you like Qui-Gon stories, he figures prominently in my super colossal Valeda Kor story, which can be found at the link in my sig line below:
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    V

8. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    Okay, I'll head on over there! :)

9. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    I almost missed this Valeda, but I'm so glad I didn't!!
    I like Tondy. And I think Qui wasn't the only one who learned a lesson. ;)

Great story, Valeda!! :D

10. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Thanks, Princess! You know I always appreciate your input.

Darn, I like Tondy too! LOL. She's one of those characters that strikes a cord. Now I'll have to keep her around and feature her (and QG) in something else. :cool: As you can see, this is quite a few years before Valeda and Qui-Gon get together, so Valeda will just have to stay in her own series, and I'll have to find Tondy something else to do.

Man, I gotta win the Lottery so I can do this full time...it's just a heck of a lot of fun. <g>

Helen

11. Emma3Jane

Emma3Jane Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2000
    Hi ValedaKor!

Great short story! Don't judge a Jedi by her robes! LOL!

I love the characters you develop. Even in a short story, you give them depth and make the reader feel sympathetic. I like the fact that your Jedi laugh alot and have a great sense of humor.

And the way you describe clothing really appeals to the costumer in me! I can see Tondy's silver dress in my minds eye. As I could the DeLong (oops spelling?) priestesses. And Queen M'Less.

So...Qui-Gon lends himself to many stories huh? Then we can look forward to more ? Yeah!!

A new Valeda Kor story would be welcomed with open arms and a latte.

E3J
    who has been drinking a touch more caff than she should since being reunited with her barista!

12. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    And Hi to you, EmmaJane!

Thanks for your kind words. Such praise...just love it! <g>

A little story...I was going to make the ending tag line "never judge a book by its cover," which, I thought would tie in very nicely with Tondy's profession, etcetera, the "transformation," etcetera, etcetera. Then, I thought, "No, that's too much of a 20th century cliche, books are not really of the GFFA," so I didn't use it. I came as close as I could, but still...I like the other one better! LOL

I've got plans for Tondy, and our mutual hottie QG, and my lovely girl Valeda. Where's that Lottery ticket? :cool:

Thanks to all for making my day, as usual.

Helen

13. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Just felt like upping this...always looking for feedback.

14. Emma3Jane

Emma3Jane Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2000
    Hi Valeda Kor,

UP again! I liked this fun short story alot!

E3J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.