main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Qui-Gon lives! or does he? find out in Dawn2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Queen_of_Naboo, Feb 25, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queen_of_Naboo

Queen_of_Naboo Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2000
    Ok, ok for those of you who have been waiting here's Dawn prt 2. Feedback is much appreciated.

Dawn part 2

Sure enough it was Qui-Gon who was now glowing in the force. He took
    in all of Qui-Gon at once especially his enduring smile. For days he wished to see his mentor, friend, his father one last time, and now here he was.

"I'm not your master anymore." Qui-Gon said with a smile in his gray-blue eyes.

Obi-Wan instinctively reached for his braid which was no longer there. Then he smiled as he looked up and said "I'm a jedi knight now."

Qui-Gon's smile reached his lips as said with pride"I could tell."

"And how is your padawan, jedi knight?" Qui-Gon asked his smile never leaving.

Obi-Wan frowned despite the joy he felt at seeing his former master "His training begins tomorrow."

"You don't seem too eager to begin his training." Qui-Gon said observing Obi-Wan's sudden shift of emotions.

Obi-Wan's gaze fell to the floor.

"There is so much he needs to learn, so much I have to teach him."

"I just..." Obi-Wan cut himself short when he noticed that Qui-Gon was smiling again.

"What?" Obi-Wan questioned confused by his master's expression.

"You remind me of how I felt when I decided to take on a certain boy as my padawan."

Obi-Wan smiled at Qui-Gon's teasing, he knew that it was him that Qui-Gon was referring to.

Qui-Gon placed one hand on Obi-Wan's shoulder and continued with a more serious tone "Trust the living force to guide you, and always remember that Anakin is the chosen one."

Obi-Wan looked off at the distance to consider his words. When he turned his gaze back he found that Qui-Gon had disappeared, but the feel of his hand on his shoulder still lingered.

"I won't forget, Master." Obi-Wan's words caught in the wind and blew out into the night air.

The next morning, Obi-Wan sat across from Anakin watching him eating his breakfast. He didn't know if he should tell the boy of the encounter he had the night before. Before he could decide Anakin spoke up.

"Master?"

"Yes, Anakin?"

"Last night I had a dream... about Qui-Gon."

"Oh really?" Obi-Wan taking a sudden interest.

"And what did he say?"

"He said that I should listen to what you say and obey."

Obi-Wan smirked, his master was sure busy that night.

"Well that sounds like good advice." Obi-Wan said with a smile.

Anakin returned the smile relieved that Obi-Wan didn't seem hurt.

When they had first came to the temple, Anakin had mentioned his name Obi-Wan's mood changed, and for the rest of the day he rarely spoke.

After Anakin finished his breakfast they both dressed and began to leave their quarters. Obi-Wan waited till they were walking down the hall to tell Anakin where they were headed.

"Today we go to Master Raj Albeir, he will give you the traditional padawan cut, as he once did for me."

Anakin walked beside Obi-Wan glancing at all the jedi, padawan, and masters roaming the solemn halls. Obi-Wan walked down the halls with his hands in his robe sleeves seemingly oblivious to the commotion around them. For the first time Anakin felt so small and insignificant, among the jedi. Would he ever meet their standards? Would he ever meet Obi-Wan's?

Anakin shook his head. He pushed the fear filled thought out of his mind. He would push the fear aside as he had always done.

Obi-Wan sensed this, but what could he say to him? He secretly belittled himself for his inexperience. If he had only listened to his master's words maybe he wouldn't always be questioning himself. He couldn't go back, all he could do was continue forward. He smiled to himself as he remembered his encounter with Qui-Gon, all he could do was trust the living force.

They finally arrived at the master's door. Obi-Wan touched the control panel and the door slowly slid open.

"Master Raj." Obi-Wan said as he bowed.

"Ah, Obi-Wan Kenobi, it has been long time." The older master replied with grin.

"I am sorry to hear of your master, known him a long time too." Raj continued in a sa

2. starwarsgirl4324

starwarsgirl4324 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2000
    This is great, I love it! I can't wait until the next post, continue please! I'll check back later!

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    An excellent start. I like the characterisation of Master Raj Albeir, the way he starts almost every sentence with the word "Ah." I like seeing Obi-Wan's doubts and fears, and the way he feels uncomfortable under Master Yoda's gaze. The way he teased Anakin about lunch was good, too. It was completely realistic how Anakin thought about his mother during the haircut and imagined that she was doing it, because the motions seemed so similar.

And now I'm wondering who this person is that Obi-Wan would rather avoid. Post more soon!

4. Jedi Milan-Kenobi

Jedi Milan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2000
  5. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    Part of the magic of Star Wars for me has always been listening to a great Dolby Surround Soundtrack alongside the visuals.

I know that if I sample a stereo track from a movie, any encoded rear effects will remain intact, but does anyone out there know how you can encode your own rear effects for your own films?

Any info would be gratefully received...

6. Dopey

Dopey Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2000
    Soft Encode from Sonicfoundry (I believe [www.sonicfoundry.com]) does Basic surround for $500, and does 5.1 surround for $999

These are programs that encode wav files into AC3 format, and you must record to VHS in HIFI...

Dopey http://www.orthicon.comwww.orthicon.com

7. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Additionally, SoundBlaster Live Platinum comes with native surround encoding software.

8. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    Many thanks!

I'm gonna check these products out - in the meantime, if anyone knows of any freeware/shareware solutions, please let me know...

My film's in early pre-production, but once I get to the sound mixing, my film's gonna have so many rear effects, the audience will wonder if they're facing the wrong direction!

9. SPphoenix

SPphoenix Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2000
    Here check this out: http://www.freezy3k.net/html/Guide_DolbyProLogic.htm http://www.freezy3k.net/html/Guide_DolbyProLogic.htm
    Should work with any simple WAV editor like CoolEdit.I havent tried the exact thing that the fellow describes there but a very similar method with good results.However the method described by Freezy seems more acurate.
    The output of this procedure will be a Dolby Surround encoded .wav (4 channels encoded in the 2 basic stereo channels) and therefore can be decoded by any dolby ProLogic system.
    For a Dolby Digital 5.1 AC3 stream the software encoder from Sonic Foundry is the cheapest solution as far as i know (and way too much for us people).

Hope that helped.

SPphoenix

10. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    Wow! You're a lifesaver, SPphoenix!

I didn't want to spend any money on this, so your advice was just what I needed.

Why spend hours or even days trawling the internet, when the good people at TFN Theater Forum can help you find what you're looking for, in a fraction of the time!

Thanks SPphoenix - 'You are indeed powerful, as the Emperor has foreseen...'

11. SPphoenix

SPphoenix Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2000

Saeed

...thanks for the kind words... (I'm blushing... really...)

Glad I could help.

SPphoenix

12. Jean

Jean Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    Upping for the move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.