Qui-Gon should have been killed off earlier in the film

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Mace Windy, Mar 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. jedicam10 Jedi Master

star 1
    If Qui-gon died mid-way Maul would not need to use his double bladed lightsaber- The most distinct the about maul.
  2. Lank_Pavail Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    As a big Jinn fan, I do feel that 'knee-jerk' reaction. :p

However, I find your counterfactual TPM outline most interesting, Windy. It would add to the drama, and a bit of tragedy, as a_g noted. However, I have to wonder if the Council would be so forgiving to Kenobi, even for having taken out a Sith. Defying orders to seek most un-Jedi revenge doesn't seem like the kind of thing they'd want in a teacher, especially for a special case like Anakin.

Still, a very good read. :)
  3. battlewars Jedi Master

star 4
    you guys are crazy the film is flawless as it is, like sterling silver
  4. Rebel Scumb Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    good point Mace Windy, I believe thats actually exactly how i had it in my Episode1 rewrite. Although Dooku was the sith in ep1 and Maul was in ep2 and 3 in my version. so it was dooku who killed Qui-gon on tatooine, which made it even more poignant.
  5. DeadDooku Jedi Knight

star 2
    Since we are rewriting it, why not have Qui Gon disappear after Maul stabs him and then he tells Obi Wan "Get Anakin out of here!" Qui Gon could still be in the rest of the Phantom Menace and AOTC, ROTS but in spirit form giving Neeson the part he should have had anyway. Qui Gon could have advised Kenobi not to face Maul alone
  6. Rebel Scumb Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    another route they could of gone is having Qui-gon and Dooku be the same character. instead of him dying in TPM he is just badly wounded, and after seeing the strength of the sith and the inaffectiveness of the senate he leaves the jedi order.

so then in aotC as the seperatist leader he would have mondo presence with the audience and all the scenes with obi-wan and anakin would have a lot more weight.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.