main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Qui Gon to blame?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Paul_78, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Paul_78

Darth_Paul_78 Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2005
    I've mentioned this midway through a previous discussion, jokingly, but I reckon it's true.

Think about it...

1. He rescued dearest Jar Jar... who started the Clone Wars, and inflamed arguments of racial stereotypes ("yousa sayin people gonna get offended?")

2. He liberated the future Lord Vader, and told him to "feel, don't think - use your instinct", echoing the Emperor later on

3. He ignored Yoda's warnings, and made Obi Wan promise to train Anakin

4. He inspired Obi Wan's "Noel Edmonds look" in Episode 2, and the return of the 80s mullett

4. He didn't come back from the dead, like Obi Wan - he could have saved Anakin

2. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    1. He rescued dearest Jar Jar... who started the Clone Wars, and inflamed arguments of racial stereotypes ("yousa sayin people gonna get offended?")

Because, of course, Sideous' actions should be blamed on others. And nevermind that horrible Ambidala who voted him into an office of power in the first place! ;)

And...racism? :confused:

2. He liberated the future Lord Vader, and told him to "feel, don't think - use your instinct", echoing the Emperor later on

So Anakin isn't responsible for his actions, either, eh? :p Qui Gon's decision to rescue Anakin wasn't fueled by the desire to enable a future murderer. Remember, all Jedi knew the prophecy of the Chosen One and how he was to bring balance to the Force. Qui Gon thought he was doing something for the good of all...especially since it was the least he could do for a poor slave kid who aided them in their escape from Tatooine.

3. He ignored Yoda's warnings, and made Obi Wan promise to train Anakin

It was unfair of Qui Gon to put such a burden on Obi Wan, but it was still *his* decision to train Anakin and fulfill the promise. Nobody was forcing Obi Wan's hand other than his own sense of honor. Additionally, I think the Council may have taken Anakin in due to the presence of the Sith, anyway.

4. He inspired Obi Wan's "Noel Edmonds look" in Episode 2, and the return of the 80s mullett

Okay, I'll give you that. That was a crime against humanity.

4. He didn't come back from the dead, like Obi Wan - he could have saved Anakin

He could come back - we still have ROTS, neh?

And nobody can save Anakin but Anakin himself. He alone has the power to shape his own destiny. Other people will certainly influence his decisions, but the choice will always be his own.

3. Absydian

Absydian Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2004
    Not sure I can defend poor Qui Gon here without spoiling aspects of ROTS so I'll just enter a Not Guilty plea for now.

4. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    You can't blame Qui-Gon. He was only trying to make situations better.

5. MrCarbohydrate

MrCarbohydrate Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005

Well, it could be worse... Obi Wan could adopt the "dodgy woolen-jumper look" as Jedi robes to complete the Noel Edmonds ensemble !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.