main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Qui-Gon, Wasn't he a devotee Jedi Master ?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Erkan12, May 8, 2016.

1. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I mean, some people calling him ''Gray Jedi'' but I think not. He was too devotee / fanatical for that, if you ask me why you think so, it's simply because he wanted Anakin to be a Jedi, I mean he was even arguing with the Jedi Council just because he wanted to make Anakin a Jedi, nothing more. He was also know the corruption of the Senate and he knows that the Council was too blind to see it, he still remained as a Jedi Master unlike the other lost twenty, the Jedi Masters who have left the Order.

Also, when Anakin says that ''No one can kill a Jedi'' he says that I wish that were so, meaning that he wishes to the Jedi are being powerful enough to not get killed by anyone. That's also suits his purpose about why he was trying to make Anakin a Jedi against the will of the Jedi Council.

And lastly, with his will over the Force, he manages to find a way to become a spiritual immortal and shares this knowledge with the other Jedi Masters Yoda and his apprentice Obi-Wan in order to make them more knowledgeable and powerful.

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Jinn was late edition to the scripts and replaces Yoda and much of Kenobi and thus that means Jinn predates Yoda and Kenobi and is even greater than either just just physically or skill but more importantly spiritually and mentally. He also became the main source for pushing along Anakin's eventual fate of fulfilling the prophecy stuff . Jinn in canon appears to be the most non-corrupted Jedi of the entire Order, or more specifically the Council itself, including even Yoda who as we learn was semi-corrupted or fully until after he purged his soul from his own greed and hubris. We just don't learn anything about Jinn prior to TPM or even in the movie - which is unfortunate since I find him more interesting than Vos or Windu . I enjoyed is small bit parts on TCW and would like to see him on Rebels or further explored elsewhere by Neeson or just comics or a novel.

One can interpret his resistance to the Jedi Order's politics of his day as resistance to the Dark Side or their shift where he remains a rebel in their eyes and we learn its for this reason the Force Priestess chose him first but he died prematurely - he's essentially a prophet and avatar of the Light. I guess his death was like sacrifice not that dissimilar from Kenobi's in ANH or Talzin's in SOD or possibly Ahsoka in Rebels or even Han in TFA. Seems a pattern.

Erkan12 likes this.
  3. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Qui-Gon was an exemplary Jedi.
    Anakin is the gray one.

Erkan12 and Kenneth Morgan like this.