Lg.Is, NY Qui-Gon's Jinn Mill

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Moorglade, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moorglade Jedi Knight

star 2
    When is beer and lembas night?
  2. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    EVERY night is beer and lembas night. It's like milk and cookies, but for grown up elves.
  3. Moorglade Jedi Knight

star 2
    How old does an elf have to be before they're considered grown up? 4000? 5000?

And hey... we made it to page 2!
  4. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Do the signs in liquor stores in Lorien say things like "You must have been born before this date in the 2nd Age to buy beer?"
  5. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    And if there was an import beer would it be from Valinor or Numinor?? (I doubt I got the spellings right??) --Billy
  6. GotMauled Jedi Knight

star 1
    Zod? he is that bad guy from Supper Man? What does he have to do with computers.
    Oh also morglade i have the cross over cable and will bring it sunday. remind me please.

7. Moorglade Jedi Knight

star 2
    Do the signs in liquor stores in Lorien say things like "You must have been born before this date in the 2nd Age to buy beer?"

Hee! Alright, now I want one. In Elvish, of course.

For the Tolki-ban spelling police: it's Númenor. But of course, everyone knows hobbits make the best ale.

Mauled... thanks! I may actually be stopping by Friday, but I'll call first.
  8. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, Ya know there aren't any drink names in the Star Wars universe.
    In Babylon 5's bar, "The Zocalo" they have, for example "a Jovian Sunspot," which is some kind of alcoholic beverage.
    If we had names of drinks in the Cantina's in Star Wars, what would those names be? --Billy
  9. Trooper-C Force Ghost

star 1
    Hey all,
    There were actually 2 drink names mentioned in the Jedi Outcast video game.When Kyle Katarn travels to Nar Shadda to look for info about Remnant forces,he goes into a bar and talks to a Chiss bartender to ask about a garbage hauler named Reelo Baruk.He orders a "Corellian Ale,and in a clean glass".Later,he says he could go for a Ruby Bleals after leaving Nar Shadda.I hope I didn't give away too much for anyone who might be playing the game(it's ONLY been out for 18 months).I know there are drink names in some of the novels I've read but I've come to realize that there are some who don't care for the EU(Ewww!as they refer to it.).I wonder if Aunt Beru ever spiked her blue milk in order to deal with an old codger like Owen?We may never know...
    -Chris
  10. Moorglade Jedi Knight

star 2
    I wonder if Aunt Beru ever spiked her blue milk in order to deal with an old codger like Owen?We may never know...

Yeah, we do. She uses Tequila. ;)
  11. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    The cheap tequila for Owen. She always saves the good stuff for when Obi Wan drops by, and Owen doesn't know any better anyhow.

I'll have Ken make you that sign, Triss.
  12. TheBothanJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Hey it's Dan! Is anyone here?
  13. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey dan, Good to meet you at the meeting. Im here but I doubt aat the same time as you are on line.
    We tend to not have the time to stay on boards and respond to messages chat-style. . .but feel free to start some discussion here over a drink. . .and tip your bartender. He's working hard for you :) --Billy
  14. TheBothanJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Cool MSD. Um... maybe someone can explain to me the whole Obi Wan is a drunk thing? I know the actor drinks alot but what about the character? Is it because of the cantina sceens in both movies?
  15. StarFromIHJ Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm here!

I can't explain the Obi-Wan thing, but I am here!

- Dana
  16. Moorglade Jedi Knight

star 2
    The cheap tequila for Owen. She always saves the good stuff for when Obi Wan drops by, and Owen doesn't know any better anyhow.

Well, she saved that bottle for him. The bottle she went out and bought. With the limes.

Can Ken really make that sign for me? Mainly, we just need to know how to write that in Elvish. I'm sure one of his friends could do it.
  17. Moorglade Jedi Knight

star 2
    For all of us who suspect the truth about the evil cicadas... here ;)
  18. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Obi Wan is our hero. He is cool - even as an old man. But he shouldn't be bringing "The boy" into the bar.
    Anybody wonder what Obi Wan was drinking?
    A tattoine Double Sunrise maybe? Or a Bloody Maul-y?
  19. Moorglade Jedi Knight

star 2
    Bloody Mauly. I like it. It has to be split into two glasses, of course.
  20. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Dang. We have to make some for Balticon now.

Obi-Wan drinks margaritas. Blue ones. And I think he brought The Boy to the bar in the hopes he'd lighten up a bit. But I think he's just a mean drunk.

21. Moorglade Jedi Knight

star 2
  22. TheBothanJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Which "the boy" are we talking about here MSD? He brings both Anikin and Luke into bars. Both are obviosly underage...

I'd imagine Old Ben was a Scotch drinker, but that (young)Obi-Wan was more of a Tequila or Magarita person.

BTW MSD, have you been to the Official site boards yet? I havent seen you there. What SN do you use there? I'm known as Dren Kre'lar there if you want to talk to me there.
  23. Moorglade Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay, the president and the secretary are running away for a nice quiet weekend in Cape Cod. All of you behave yourselves while we're gone. ;)

I'll expect to see a working weather machine when I get back.
  24. StarFromIHJ Force Ghost

star 4
    Are we going to conquer the world? Or just become famous weatherman by reporting on a snow storm at the end of May? ;)

I too will be busy this weekend. I'm graduating from college then going down to Virginia for a day or two. I still will be checking the boards though, just not as often as usual.
  25. timbolton Force Ghost

star 5
    Have a great day at graduation Dana :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.