main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Qui-Gon's knighting

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ping, Sep 22, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ping

Ping Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 1998
    Title: Knighting Ceremony
    Disclaimer: You try avoiding Master Yoda when he has a story to tell! It's not like he even paid me for it!

Yoda stood on the balcony outside the Council room. He leaned against the shoulder-high railing, staring out over the city. The sun lit the silvery cityscape, occasionally glinting off passing speeders. It was impossible for the diminutive master to ever feel completely alone, for his connection to the Force joined him to all life, but on the balcony he felt a solitude, a distance between himself and the affairs of the galaxy.

It had been a while since he had felt this apartness. The training bond with his padawan had kept him connected to at least one other in a very personal way. But the bond was gone now.

Yoda sighed. Qui-Gon had all the attributes of a good padawan?truthful, obedient, humble. However, to Yoda?s consternation and, at first, surprise, he had often found that the towering man disagreed with many of his master?s choices, especially in the last two or three years.

Qui-Gon had always focused on the living aspect of the Force. The moment had always had a much larger influence on the quiet man than it had ever had on Yoda. The diminutive Jedi Master kept his mind on the unifying aspect. Yoda preferred to see the big picture, to anticipate how his actions would affect the future. While they both agreed on who to help, the how was often a bone of contention, as much as anything could be for a master and padawan. Yoda had listened to the young man, trying when possible to include his ideas in their plans, but it had not always been possible. Qui-Gon had never disobeyed his master, but the obedience had sometimes caused his padawan much pain. Yoda had tried his best to ease that pain, but sometimes the only salve was time.

The sun had crested the top of the Temple, pouring heat onto Yoda?s head. He retreated to the wall of the temple, leaning against it?s still-cool surface. His green, wrinkled face split into a grin. Despite the problems they had experienced, Yoda would not trade his memories of their time together. Qui-Gon had spent much of their time together as a gawky, awkward young man, still trying to gain control over his rapidly-growing limbs. But when his green lightsaber blade sprang to life, Qui-Gon tuned into his body. He fought with a grace and agility to rival the most accomplished of dancers.

The young man had often adopted stray animals from their missions, taking them to the pair?s apartment in the Temple. Many of the creatures had been malnourished and sic. Qui-Gon would nurse them gently back to health. Yoda had insisted that he give many of them to families on Coruscant, but not all had found suitable homes, and Yoda had learned to endure the fur, the molts, and other signs of non-sentient life. He had even learned patience over the gnaw marks on his gimmer stick.

Yoda knew Qui-Gon had a bright future as a knight. He had the vision to help others and the determination to succeed. The Force had confirmed this at the knighting ceremony, showing him images of what might be?Qui-Gon?s gentle hand aiding and helping many, both directly and indirectly. Pride surged in the Jedi Master, pride for his apprentice.

His personal ritual complete, Yoda moved back to the edge of the balcony. He had found that the reminiscence eased the pain of breaking the special bond with the young Jedi he had taught.

The door hissed open behind him. Yoda continued to contemplate the cityscape, not turning to identify the newcomer. He had no need, though, for soon Mace Windu, who had also been knighted that day, came to stand beside him. ?Master Yoda,? he greeted solemnly. The young Jedi had kept his head bald, except for the padawan braid. Now even that was gone, although the patch of his scalp from which it had grown had not yet been shaved.

Yoda could sense the knight?s emotions, his sadness at the loss of the training bond, his hope for the future, his feeling of accomplishment. M

2. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Oh, Ping, I may have read this once already, but I still love it. :)

3. JediMellina

JediMellina Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2000
    I love it! Post more!!!!!!!!

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Wonderful Ping!

Yoda's thoughts on Qui-Gon were superb and his conversation with Mace, sad yet sweet.

I hope there's more.

Post often, post soon.

5. Master_Tahl

Master_Tahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2000
    Wow, wonderful start Ping, is there going to be more?

6. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    I can you all now, that while there isn't a whole lot more to this story, Ping does have more stories that are just as wonderful. :)

7. Ping

Nov 23, 1998
    Yes, Lilith is right, this is the end of this story. I have a couple of others posted on this board (somewhere in the bowels of fanfic, no doubt), and I have other things I'm working on, which I'll post when I'm done. :) Thanks for your feedback! My inner critic is moaning in pain. Yipee! :)

8. JediRogue9

JediRogue9 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2000
    Wow! You write really well. I luv the way you showed that Yoda actually had ::gasp:: some emotions!

9. Ping

Nov 23, 1998
    Thanks! :)

(This shameless post-raising has been brought to you by the letter P and the number 12.)

10. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Well, I am very grateful to the letter P, the number 12, and Ping.

I am glad I finally got to read something you wrote.

Wow! Very nice!

11. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Yes, nice to see this again.

This post was brought to you by the language C and the number F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.