main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Qui-Gon's Theme

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Erin Kenobi, Apr 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erin Kenobi

Erin Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2000
    I finally heard Qui-Gon's theme! I've never been able to identify it, but it hit me while I was watching TPM the other night. It's a very nice piece and I've actually liked it for quite a while without knowing what it was. It also seems to sound a lot like the Force theme. Is it supposed to be that way or is it just a coincidence?

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Well, I never noticed any resemblance...lemme listen to 'em again.

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Hmmm, let me conjur up a thread I made in the TPM forum before this forum was created. Ah, i found it. Here are the 5 times...

1.) Qui's theme is played in it's natural and original form as he is en route to the Queen's ship on the eopie w/ the hyperdrive. ...CD 2 ~ Track 1... The track starts off with it, so you don't have to listen hard to hear it.

2.) The 2nd time it's played is while he is fighting Darth Maul on Tatooine. ...CD 2 ~ Track 2... It's exactly 39 seconds into it, this time in a roused, and kind of "battle mode" form.

3.) This is played just after Qui-Gon dies and gives Obi-Wan his final instructions....CD 2 ~ Track 28... Exactly 3:02 into the track. This time it's very subdued. Sort of honoring Qui's noble death.

4.) The 4th time is a few seconds after Qui-Gon dies and the New Republic ship lands to take away the Viceroys. Once again- a subdued version.

5.) For the 5th place where Qui's theme is played, listen through track 2 (CD 2) and towards the end (when Qui introduces Anakin to Obi). ALMOST the whole theme is played again, but not QUITE all. Once again, this is a subdued theme.

There ya go! Those are the 5 times I caught it! Tell me if you found more!

~Sithman~
    the sithiest J.E.D.I. around!

4. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    OK, just listened to both...I don't hear a resemblance, sorry.

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I don't either, I was just pointing out the times it has appeared.

~Sithman~
    the sithiest J.E.D.I. around!

6. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    OK, that's cool..

7. Erin Kenobi

Erin Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2000
    Thanks for pointing out all the times, Sithman. I missed some of those.

Okay, listen to Qui-gon's theme at the start of Track 1, Disc 2 and then listen to the first part of The Throne Room from ANH. It sounds faintly similar to me, but I'm not sure how.

8. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I've never heard the similarities between Qui-Gon's theme and the Force theme, but I do think it's one of the best parts of the TPM soundtrack. I just love that energetic rendition of it in the Tatooine duel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.