Qui-Gon's voice, The NOOOOOOO! doesn't sound like Liam Neeson...

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Only_2, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mace_Windo Force Ghost

star 4
    i never heard tat part...
  2. Lifehouse_Jedi Jedi Padawan

It's definately not Qui-Gon. I noticed that as well, I've been racking my brain to figure out who it is. I think the voice is too low to be Anakin. Curious...

Josh
  3. MoffJake Jedi Master

star 4
    Anakin did have a bit high of a voice in AOTC, but all of the tv interviews Hayden's done he seems to have a pretty low voice (maybe it's those cigs). ;)

My money for the 'nooo!' is Hayden.
  4. albyjam Jedi Padawan

You're right - I've rewound that part over and over again (i have the movie.) It's not Anakin. Maybe Yoda heard Anakin's "NOOO!", exclaimed in grief when his mother died, although we didn't see him say, we may have heard him...
  5. Farrokh1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I too have a copy of AOTC and after listening to that part many times, I am quite sure that the Noooooo is Anakin. THe Anakin, Anakin is obviously Liam Neeson but to me the NOOOOO is clearly Hayden. It goes all synthy then the Darth Vader breath comes in. I think the fact that the voice is synthesised is a big clue as to whose voice it is. I think it is from when Anakin fights Obiwan.
  6. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    The "NOOOO" is Anakin, because of his mother's death and the void it caused in his life. Following that is one Vader breath. Qui-Gon saying "Anakin! Anakin!" is a looped sample from TPM. He's trying to reach Anakin. Anakin's "Noooooo" is anguish.
    "I missed you so much."

E_S
  7. CarbonKnight Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I have listened to this sample over 40 times, no lie. I can't post it, of course because that would be a bootleg and we all know the evils of bootlegs. I am 98% positive that the Nooooo is Anakin's. It sounds exactly like his voice and nothing like Liam Neeson's.
  8. cheep Jedi Knight

star 1
    Maybe we should all inquire about this to the Jedi Council on the Official Site...If they get enough people asking that question they might post a response aboot it.
  9. 0bi_1 Jedi Padawan

So, when exactly does this happen in the movie?
  10. CarbonKnight Jedi Youngling

star 4
    uh.... right after Anakin kills the Tuskens.
  11. Insidious_Clone Jedi Knight

star 1
    It absolutely was the exact dub of what Qui Gon said to Anakin in TPM. And Lucas has said it was him, as was pointed out above.

Why he included it, i'm not sure, but i do think we'll find out in tha next episode.
  12. spikealus Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, in the book, it states it is the voice of Qui Gonn and Anakin doesn't realize it and continues w/ the killing in his rage but Master Yoda hears it when in a deep meditation and is shocked it is Qui Gon b/c he should not be able to do it geesh really long run on sentence anyhoo, Yoda tries to figure it out when interrupted by Mace

It starts on page 275-276 and imo it does sound like Liam Neeson's voice from Epi I but the NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOO well have to agree there it does not sound like him but oh well GL probably couldn't get him to record it

or maybe it is Obi Wan's NNNNNNOOOOOOO from the death scene just make to sound more lower

he he eh later
  13. lukehan99 Jedi Padawan

the "Anakin, Anakin" is qui gon, but the Noooo is Anakin, most probably right after obi wan beats him in E3, or while he burning in the pit, and the breath is when he becomes Darth Vader. So quigon is saying "anakin, anakin" because he knows this is the first step to the darkside, then it skips in to the future and expresses Anakin's suffering and the breath is his final step to the darkside.
  14. Darth_me_ Jedi Padawan

I find it odd that people keep insisting that it is Anakin saying the no.

THE BOOK SAYS IT IS QUI-GON... the book is Cannon, seeing we cant get GL.

Therefore the answer to this question is...QUI-GON says both lines regardless of who the NOOOO sounds like to you or me.
  15. Gonzonaut Jedi Knight

star 3
    The entire statement is supposed to be Qui-Gon. Obviously, because the "Anakin" was lifted from a recording sepereate from the "NO!" it does not sound natural. There is a chance that Neeson did not even record the "No!," but some one else who they thought would sound enough like Qui-Gon. Either way, it was all supposed to be Qui-Gon, it was just poorly put together (yes, mistakes do happen, so stop over analysing it).
  16. JULES_KENOBI Jedi Padawan

Agree with Darth_Me I do. It was completely intended to be Qui-Gon. He was trying to stop Anakin from going on a killing rampage because Jedi's don't do that no matter what. "A Jedi does know anger, nor hatred, nor love". That is why Yoda heard it. He heard Qui-Gon's warning and knew Anakin was in pain. This same thread is on the official Star Wars site.

Okay, how did you people get a copy of the movie already? I want it really, really, really bad. Help me!!!! :D :D
  17. SlytherinHouse Force Ghost

star 4

If they had intended it to be Qui-Gon, they probably could have tried a little harder to make it blend better. There's such a jump between the two, it's hard to imagine that they would be anything but two different voices.

Sly
  18. suineme Jedi Youngling

star 2

Either way, it was all supposed to be Qui-Gon, it was just poorly put together (yes, mistakes do happen, so stop over analysing it).

I find that hard to believe. Lucas himself paid 120 million out of his own pocket to make this movie, and that garbled "no" was the best that they could do?

If that is supposed to be Qui Gon, why didn't they just call Mr. Neeson up and have him yell "no" in the phone? They could have recorded that, and would have sounded better. Even if he declined, I am sure he would have had to say "NO" when turning them down.

It is just WAY to easy to have Qui Gon's voice there- there is a reason why it sounds different.

I still believe that you are hearing Anakin's mechanical voice at that point- something from the future.
  19. JULES_KENOBI Jedi Padawan

albyjam and Farrokh1....How did you get the movie?
  20. SlytherinHouse Force Ghost

star 4

Jules, they're not allowed to post that information, and you're not allowed to ask for it. Be careful.

Sly
  21. DARTHPIGFEET Jedi Master

star 4
    The "Anakin" "Anakin part was the sound bite from TPM, and yes they have equipment which can cut that drop part easily.

The NOOOOOOOO is a simulation of Liam's voice done by sound equipment. They could have used the no from when Liam said in TPM about the counciling not wanting Anakin to be trained.

Also keep in mind that you also had sandpeoples sounds in there as well and all you could clearly hear was the Anakin part. Infact they really did a bad job with this because most of the people I've talked to and asked if they picked up on it didn't hear it or reconize the voice. They thought it was Yoda.

I would also like to throw out a CONSPIRACY THEORY here. I made a note that Yoda can't sense the darkside and it's clouded and all, yet feels Anakin's pain and stuff when guess who is not in the room? Mace Windu. Maybe this is a clue that Mace is in on this thing. The funny looks Mace gives in the beginning of the movie inside the Chancellors office and the low angle shot of him in the same location after seeing the hologram report from Obiwan about Genosis. Low angle shots are often used for bad guys. Vader had a lot of them. I don't know but it just seems weird that while Mace isn't there Yoda feels this big DARKSIDE DEAL going on with Anakin.
  22. snap-hiss Force Ghost

star 5
    If that is supposed to be Qui Gon, why didn't they just call Mr. Neeson up and have him yell "no" in the phone? They could have recorded that, and would have sounded better. Even if he declined, I am sure he would have had to say "NO" when turning them down.

LOL [face_laugh]

!snap
  23. KSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    They've gone to the Darkside!

I think the "Noooo" is Anakin/Hayden.

There seems to be at least two versions of AOTC in the theatres. (In the U.S.,anyway.) We could be hearing different versions! I don't remember any breathing in the show I saw.(2x) I'm going to see it in Digital tomorrow, I wonder what differencs I'll see and hear in that show!?
  24. SlytherinHouse Force Ghost

star 4

Low angle shots are often used for bad guys.

You're generalizing. Low angle shots are used in situations when the director wants the character to appear powerful.

In this case, it is also used for the sake of continuity. We've just gone from a high-angle shot of Yoda, so the next logical shot continuity wise would be a low-angle shot of Mace.

Basic film-school stuff.

Sly
  25. JULES_KENOBI Jedi Padawan

Sorry about that, I guess I got a little to excited. [face_blush] It just came out in the theaters, and now I just want to have it at home. :(

I like the gone to the Darkside reason. LOL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.