main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Qui-Gon's voice, The NOOOOOOO! doesn't sound like Liam Neeson...

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Only_2, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Isaiah

Jedi_Master_Isaiah Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2002
    I thank you very much, Riku! I'm not alone in believing it's Liam Neeson. It is true that Lucas has confirmed it.

I changed my icon from Old Ben/Obi-Wan to Qui-Gon Jinn to show I like him and that I'm a Liam Neeson fan. You mean bashers need to appreciate the man! Qui-Gon is the greast!

"Annie, training to become a Jedi is not an easy challenge. And even if succede, it's a hard life."
    -- Qui-Gon Jinn to Anakin

2. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    "I thank you very much, Riku! I'm not alone in believing it's Liam Neeson. It is true that Lucas has confirmed it."

I know I'm being picky here, but I've only heard GL say that the voice was supposed to be Qui Gon's, but not neccessarily Liam's. I really think they just pieced together some cuts from other sources to come up with the entire phrase.

The original question in this thread was whether or not the "NOOOOO" was Neeson's, and I'm pretty sure it's not, although GL has said that it was intended to be Qui Gon's.

3. Marty_McFly

Marty_McFly Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    I just listened to it on VCD, and it just sounded like a Tusken to me. I thought this each time i saw the movie at the cinema too.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Uh...maybe it (the "noooo") was garbled because Qui-Gon's spirit was only "resurrected" for a couple of seconds, he had time to yell "Anakin! Anakin!" and then he began to fade back and become one with the Force again.

Sorry, I haven't read all 20 pages.

I want to know what the implications of this are.

And I'm using the novelization as well.

What if the Jedi Ghosts (as I call them) are unnatural? According to the novel, Yoda was shocked at hearing Qui-Gon's voice. And the Jedi have been around for millenia; obviously no one's done this before.

So why does it happen?

Anakin - either b/c he's simply the strongest Force user of all time, or b/c his 'father' was the Force.

What if Anakin's great rage/despair/hate/sadness at his mother's death, through his great strength in the Force, actually ripped a disturbance so great in the Force that Qui-Gon's spirit was flung out of his previous oneness with the Force?

And until the Emperor is killed and Vader/Anakin dies, that disturbance/tear in the Force continues to exist, which is why Obi-Wan can pretty much appear to Luke at will.

Just a theory. I thought the fact that this is not how's it supposed to be was kinda interesting.

-dust

5. _dArTh_SoLo

_dArTh_SoLo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    It would have been cooler if they had made it anakin's voice

where did Lucas say it is implied to be Qui Gon's???

6. hoth-nudist

hoth-nudist Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    I thought it was carrot top

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.