main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Qui-Gon's voice, The NOOOOOOO! doesn't sound like Liam Neeson...

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Only_2, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ironflak

Ironflak Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    The novel exists. Accept it. It is your destiny.

No, the novel doesn't mention Vader's breathing.

2. Farrokh1

Farrokh1 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2002
    The film is the final version not the novel, and Vaders breathing indicates that yoda is seeing the future. I dont think the Anakin, Anakin is the future but i think the NOooooo is. That is why there is a slight pause between them.

3. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    In the German version you only hear Qui Gon, it's the same voice for "Anakin" and "nooooo"

4. Ironflak

Ironflak Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    Well, if you think you know more than R.A. Salvatore, who was hired by Lucasfilm to write the novel, then go with that.

5. Zam-Wessel

Zam-Wessel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    It was definetly Anakin...

Lucas stated that the "Anakin! Anakin! NO!!!" would play an important role in the plot of Episode III...

My theory is that the "NO!!!" will be said by Anakin somewhere in an important part of Episode III.

See, when Anakin killed the Tuskens, it opened him up to a world of hate and destruction, nothing he had ever experienced before... Right when that happened, he started the path which would ultimately lead him to the Dark Side. Yoda was sensing the future.

6. Dredoran

Dredoran Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    Maybe GL didn't want to bring Liam in studio just to yell; "No!!!"
    See "...Qui-Gon first Jedi to retain identity after death"

7. Aurelianorum

Aurelianorum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2000
    If it is Anakin, perhaps this is the "NO" from Episode III that precedes his ultimate burst of rage (death of Padme?) It sounds cheesy, but it might also be the voice of the Force itself, speaking as Qui-Gon to begin with, then a mixture of him and others (including Shmi perhaps?)

8. BLITZZER

BLITZZER Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2002
    Qui Gon said "Anakin,Anakin" then Anakin screamed NOOOOOOO, Think about it It sounded just like the NOOOOO Luke screamed in Empire when Vader told him the truth,that he was his father.I think Lucas put this in the film to show the similiarities in Father and Son.

9. Darth_OlsenTwins

Darth_OlsenTwins Jedi Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    How can anybody actually believe that it sounds like Anakin. There is as much of a chance as Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Mace, or anybody. However the script and the novel give credit to Qui-Gon. To say that it is anybody else is ridiculous. And to say that it is definitely Anakin is worse because there is no reason to think that. No reason at all.

It was Qui-Gon.

10. Darth-Murder

Darth-Murder Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2001
    The "NO!" in that scene doesn't sound particularly forceful (pardon the pun). It doesn't sound like it is very dramatic. It's more like George put it in because he wants a dramatic "NO!" in every film :p

11. suineme

suineme Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2000
    Lucas dished out millions to work on A New Hope twice (original and special edition) and in both versions the problem of old Obi-Wan's fizzled-out looking lightsaber remains in his duel with Vader

I hate to contradict that too but wouldn't you have to go to some effort to make it look like Obi Wan's lightsaber is shorting out? I always assumed that was intentional. Vader's lightsaber looked perfectly fine, why not just repeat the steps in creating that special effect on Obi Wan's lightsaber? I always assumed that his lightsaber was either just old or it wasn't as powerful, depending on how you look at how it gets its power in the first place. Some people say it also draws its power from the Force ability of the person who uses it.

Remember Vader says "your powers are weak old man".

12. CarbonKnight

CarbonKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I just imagined that the effect was horrible, and even more horrible in the context of the special editions. Luke lightsaber on the falcon is white, and when Han yells "Blast the Door, kid" no effect to Vader's saber has even been tried. Both versions! :eek:

13. Toby-Wan-Kenoby

Toby-Wan-Kenoby Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    Hy!

I hope this post helps. I dont know how, but...Nevertless! I am spanish. It is not dificult to figure out, reading my really bad englis, is it? But what i wanted to say is that in the spanish dub all the no's that yoda listens are from the same dubber that made Qui Gon's voice in TPM. I dont believe that the spanish dub, a bit better tnah TPM, but less god as the original (dramaticaly less) is wrong in something that importan, since i believe it is Lucasfilm itself that, with real preocupation, supervises the dub.

14. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    It was Qui-Gon. He's the only character for it to work. Hayden's voice is not that deep, Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan, or anybody else could not possibly be the ones screaming. And the tuskens don't sound like that. So that leaves Qui-Gon.

He's the only character to make it fit.

ST

15. DARTH_ARAKIS

DARTH_ARAKIS Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    I just saw the movie for the third time and I paid special attention to this line. I believe the voice was that of Clieg Lars. Perhaps Yoda was sensing his pain as well.

16. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    I think Yoda is seeing the past present and future, centred around frightening moments in Anakin's life.

Qui-Gon's voice is from the past, the "Nooooo!!" is probably Anakin in the present and Vader's breathing is the future.

17. Jedi_Chai

Jedi_Chai Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    I just came from my 8th showing of AotC and I paid particular attention to the Anakin, Anakin, Noooo, Vader-breath lines this time. I knew from my first showing that the Anakin, Anakin was Liam Neeson's voice from when he told Anakin to drop and that the Noooo wasn't Liam. After this latest showing I'm sure that the Nooooo is voiced by the actor who plays Cliegg Lars. Whether it's meant to be Qui-Gon or Cliegg or someone else I guess I'll have to wait until Episode III to find out. I did go into the movie having read the book weeks before so I was expecting the "No, Anakin, no" from Qui-Gon. And it was this foreknowledge that let me hear immediately that the Noooo didn't match Liam.

18. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    qui gon yells out anakin,anakin.

then anakin yells out NOOOOOO!!!. it is a hint to what comes in ep3. and it sounds like anakin yelling it.

19. Darth_OlsenTwins

May 18, 2002
    I'm sorry but that sounds nothing like Anakin. I don't even know how anyone can assume that.

20. CarbonKnight

CarbonKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    It sounds exactly like Anakin. I've watched it over 40 times off a *bootleg* (gasp!). Don't question us that have heard it several times.

21. Darth_OlsenTwins

May 18, 2002
    Just to let you know your not the only one with Kazaa. Ive heard it many times, and it doesnt sound like anybody. So I will question you because its obvious to me that you dont know what you are talking about.

22. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    I always thought the 'No' sounded like Obi-wan when Qui-gon was killed.

I was thinking it was a subconscience thing for Anakin and that Yoda had picked up on it, but then I remembered Anakin wasn't there at Qui-gon's death.

-IJedi

23. Farrokh1

Farrokh1 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2002
    'Just to let you know your not the only one with Kazaa. Ive heard it many times, and it doesnt sound like anybody. So I will question you because its obvious to me that you dont know what you are talking about.'

I have AOTC aswell, I have sped up, and slowed down that Noooooo and to my ears it is clearly Anakin. Yes it is been altered but that is because he is becoming Darth Vader.

24. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I think it may be a tusken that Yoda heard. To hear why Yoda was hearing Qui-gon.

25. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    my friend saw darkman a million times, (starring liam neeson) and he says, if you watch that movie, all doubt will be removed that the scream is, in fact, liam neeson.
    i, for one, believe him. rent it.
    (but beware, if you do you'll be giving sam raimi, the director of spiderman, some money, all you spiderman bashers)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.