Qui-Gon's voice, The NOOOOOOO! doesn't sound like Liam Neeson...

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Only_2, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insidious_Clone Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Dale - I think you are right on the money.

The "NOOOO" we hear IS Anakin. The pain Yoda feels is either...

1) When Padme dies, Anakin's anger/pain
    or
    2) Whe Anakin falls in the lave pit

If I had to wager, I'd guess #1...

AND I know this has been pointed out but Vader's breathing can definitely be heard right over the tail end of the "NOOOOOO"...

I am loving AOTC the more I figure out what Lucas has put in it.
  2. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Yoda's quote about pain is referring to Anakin's sadness. The death refers to his mother's death.
  3. Skywalker1177 Jedi Youngling

I don't who it is, maybe it was just Ben Burt screwing around... you know, he's just that kinda crazy wacky kinda guy! (I have no idea what I'm talking about, just ignore me)

GO HERE?
    www.lukeskywalker.homestead.com
  4. Insidious_Clone Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Sure Yoda Jeff that is the obvious answer for a movie that would be stand alone.

However, the entire PT is about Anakin's fall. And Lucas is using more in his playbook to underscore that throughout AOTC.

But back to your point, I'm sure you're right - it has to be the obvious answer. And Lucas has never used foreshadowing in sound effects or dialogue.

While we're at it, I suppose that when Anakin and Padme hug in shadow outside the Lars hut, that is NOT Vader's shadow. HA!
  5. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight

star 5
  6. JBFett Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I said the NOOO was a forshadow to Episode 3....and I am really sure it is now since I heard the Vader breath exhale in Yoda's thoughts.
  7. JediMaster21 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Perhaps it is Plo Koon who screams no. Yeah thats the ticket.
  8. galen Jedi Youngling

OH. MY. GOD.

I was wondering who it was who was yelling during that sequence, and you're right...it's Qui Gon. I read this topic and shivered for like a minute...

Holy crap, that makes me appreciate EPII even more...It also makes Anakins brief descent into the dark side that much more poignant.
  9. Gan-Jar-Tin Jedi Youngling

Maybe its the spirit of Qui Gon in the future, it might be in the next movie.
  10. Sandjo_Koharr Jedi Youngling

star 3
  11. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight

star 5
    [face_shocked]

Another person has tried to steal my name. Grrrrrr :mad: Thats 3....

*pouts*
  12. kirby2112 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'm guessing that voice is anikan's. We haven't heard him scream like that, yet, so how would we know what it sounds like until then. The "anikan" part is definitely Liam. My question with it, though, is how come Qui-Gon is the first jedi to ever be heard 'from the grave'. In the book it abviously astounds yoda as to why and how he heard qui-gon's voice, even though he is dead. Since it hasn't happened before, something about either qui-gon or (more likely) anikan is what starts the voice/ghost after death thing. any other guesses close to this, or am i way off?
  13. Hemp-Knight Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I don't think we can use any of the novelizations as proof. ROTJ novel said that Owen was Obi-Wan's brother! What? I think Qui-Gon speaking represents Episode I, "No!", which is Anakin without a doubt, represents Episode II, and Vader breathing is Episode III.

Perhaps when writing the novel it was assumed that Liam could just say "No!" and that would be that. But obviously it wasn't him so they just got Hayden to do it, which I think makes more sense.
  14. Juantanbomb Jedi Youngling

star 1
    You might wanna post here: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7217361&replies=0

JT
  15. Darth_OlsenTwins Jedi Master

star 5
    I still don't understand how anyone can say that it IS Anakin. There is zero proof of that and it sounds nothing like him. It really doesn't sound like anybody to be honest, but I would take the lower canon proof of the script and the novel as evidence. they both say that it was Qui-Gon
  16. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight

star 5
    This thread is older than yours, Juan. You might want to post here. And yes, your thread was very redundant.

The "Noooo!" sounds like a 'I just got stabbed/shot' scream, no so much a 'You really shouldn't do that' scream. And since Qui didn't even yell when he got stabbed, I don't think he would be crying out that way here. And I think we all agree it was Obi from TPM. Obi's was louder, more intense (GL joke). And I agree that it doesn't sound much like Anakin/Hayden.

I am still leaning towards it being a foreshadowing for III.
  17. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 9
    I think it may be Anakin striking out at someone in Episode III, completing his turn to the dark side.
  18. LostJediKnight Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Everyone is missing the point here ...

Implied in the movies and posed in the book is the question Why Does Yoda hear HIS formers students voice?
  19. Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master

star 5
    "NO! ANAKIN!! DON'T! NOOOOOOOOOO!

Doesn't sound like Anakin. I mean... why would Anakin scream his name when saying that?? pathetic... I agree. Its Liam...
  20. The_Dark_Duke Jedi Youngling

No is from Qui Gon. But it's because of the Mace. As Mace clouds Yoda's vision. Mace stopped Qui Gon. Send down him to somewhere deep in the other world.
  21. ObiWanJane Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I've stated this theory in other threads, so why not here?!

a.) the first "Anakin!" we hear is definitely Qui-Gon (stolen from TPM).

b.) the second "Anakin!" is someone else, not Qui-Gon. My guess is that it's a foreshadowing of the hanger duel, taken from Obi-Wan's line "No, Anakin, no!"

c.) the "Noooooo!" has got to be a foreshadowing of Episode III -- Anakin yelling this because something horrific has happened (like Padme dying).

Either way, it seems the second "Anakin!" is someone else, not Qui-Gon.

:)
  22. bousharde Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I think it was in a CNN interview that GL said that what Yoda hears is a foreshadowing of Ep III.
  23. LostJediKnight Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Read the book...It IS Qui-GOn...nuf said....

the QUESTION IS WHY? YODA seemes puzzle about hearing the voice (in the book) and in the movie?

Forsahdowing yes but why Qui-gon, what does it mean?
  24. Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member

star 4
    The NOOO! is Obi-wan's. When Maul cut Qui-gon, Obi-wan screamed "Nooooo!". The Scream in
    Star Wars: Episode II | Attack of the Clones
    is Obi-wan's.
  25. Marie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    ObiWanJane--I never thought of that. Maybe you're right, maybe Qui said it first, then someone else. As far as the "NOOO!" part goes, it's not Qui and it's not Obi. His voice isn't that deep, not even when he was Ben! It sounded a lot like Cliegg to me, but why in the world would he be saying that?? I just listened to it again, because I have a sound copy, and I believe someone shouts "NOOO!" before Qui-Gon even speaks. As he is calling Anakin's name, you can hear the Raiders in the background and when we hear that infamous "NOOOO!", well, I'm still at a loss as to who it could be, but I'm almost positive it ISN'T Qui-Gon, I don't care what the book says.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.