main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST quick answers to quick questions (bathroom break gaps, things you missed)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by CEB, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    Great thread! Love reading all the posts. No question is a dumb question. But there will be questions without a positive correct answer. Rey may be Luke daughter like I think, snoke could be plagueis... I don't know, it's all fun.

2. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I don't really understand the First Order , are they in charge of the galaxy like the Empire was ?

3. Joortje

Joortje Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2015
    No. He is played by Brian Vernel. Looked like him though.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  4. Roryrory

Roryrory Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2013
    Did Kylo mutter something about it being difficult to have Han as a father? Perhaps to Rey?

5. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    When he is interrogating her and he reads that she saw Han as a potential father figure he says that Han would have been a disappointment to her.

6. DustingCropsBoy_

DustingCropsBoy_ Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2011

I think it certainly WAS the younglings. The very first thing that Rey senses is the sounds of screaming children, and when you think about it, just how many children has that lightsabre killed? It must be an extremely strong element in the weapon's past "life", with an extremely powerful echo within the Force surrounding it.

And your other point about "did the audience go nuts for that one shot of the Stardestroyer?". Yes. Yes they did. :)

CnlSandersdeKFC likes this.
  7. JawaPuppy

JawaPuppy Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    I too saw Luke standing in front of a gravestone ... not visible in the mid-shots but I'm sure I saw one in the long shots...

Echo7even likes this.
  8. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    I think it was 'You have the eyes of someone who wants to run away'

(feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken anyone)

CnlSandersdeKFC likes this.
  9. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    No, the Republic is in charge, but the first order hides and plots to both destroy the last of the Jedi and the Republic. For some reason, Snoke wants this.

10. Pipoli

Pipoli Jedi Master

Feb 14, 2000

I don't remember seeing any other. This would also explain the reaction on Poe's face when he lands into it's Hangar Bay as a prisoner. He looks around with a very surprised expression. It's like: "I can't believe they have a fully operational Destroyer".

11. Pipoli

Pipoli Jedi Master

Feb 14, 2000

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hosnian_Prime

Poe says the weapon destroyed the "Hosnian System". I don't think Maz's planet (Takodana) is part of that system.

12. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000

"Rey... These are your first steps."
    "Rey... These are the first steps."

The exact wording is still escaping me. I'll catch it by the fourth viewing, I'm sure.

Ah, sorry, you were asking who was saying this to her?

[​IMG]

13. Pancellor Chalpatine

Pancellor Chalpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2015
    When they attacked republic worlds, was coresant destroyed? Looked like coresant.

14. CnlSandersdeKFC

CnlSandersdeKFC Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2015
    Wow man... omg. What a terrible time to take a break. That was the best scene in the movie. Rey hear's children's screams, which I assume now to be the screams of the Children at the Jedi Temple. She's drawn to a chest, and inside is Luke/Anikan's lightsaber. She touches it, and immediately we are given a very quick establishing shot of her in the hallway from ESB on Cloud city where Luke fought Vader.

[​IMG]

Then that crumples in a quite unsettlingly way as Luke's scream of "No!" echos slightly on top of other faint echos of past lines from the movies. Then we see the shot from the trailer of Luke touching R2 next to a fire, followed by a scene of Kylo stabbing a guy in a field full of dead bodies, surrounded by what can be presumed to be the other nights of Ren. Ren approaches Rey, and she backs away as though she's seen this before. Then we get a scene of young Rey screaming for her parents to come back, as a ship departs, and she's dragged away by the fat alien junklord guy from the beginning.

Then we hear as the vision fade's Alec Guiness' Obi-Wan yelling "Rey!"

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  15. CnlSandersdeKFC

Aug 22, 2015
    No, I still think it was the younglings. It was the force calling through the saber, and we are shown a short history of the Saber. The Masacre at the Temple is certainly pertinent to that story.

Yes.

They control a significant portion of systems it would seem, but at the start of the film they were still second the New Republic.

Now for my question: Did Nien Nunb get killed in the fighter battle at the end?

16. CnlSandersdeKFC

Aug 22, 2015
    Sorry, double post.

17. Pipoli

Pipoli Jedi Master

Feb 14, 2000
    What is the name of the system of the Resistance Base? Ileerium?

Everything online says the base is on the planet D'Qar, but D'Qar is never mentioned in the film.

18. buffs92

buffs92 Jedi Master

Sep 26, 2003
    Was it his voice when Rey was dropped off as a child?

19. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    Can someone tell me if the girl on Maz's bar is Bazine? The one that has a short story on the new books and delivers a chest to the First Order???

20. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014

Her name isn't mentioned in the movie, but I believe it's the same woman in that one novel. She has a short scene in the movie and has a line.

21. Rookhelm

Sep 22, 2014
    I have a question...it just occured to me that I don't remember Kylo killing any of his underlings. Is that right? That's something that separates him from Vader, and is kind of intriguing.

Maybe killing underlings is solely a Vader thing.

22. sbk1234

sbk1234 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    I'm embarrassed to post this, but here goes.
    What happened to Kylo Ren? I thought he was killed, at least when Starkiller Base blew up. Or did he escape somehow? Maybe I blinked, or I'm just getting old and forgetful.

23. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I think he just trashed the control room and the interrogation room.

24. Rookhelm

Sep 22, 2014

It wasn't shown, but I believe everyone (meaning the audience) assumes he survived.

25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Snoke ordered Hux to pick up Ren and escape from Starkiller Base.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.