main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Game Quick Games ep. III - Revenge of the Dice - Get A Line

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Lexi, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Additional Info: CalaelAzasar will host this game for awhile, most probably until Lexi comes back. If you have questions about this game, please, contact CalaelAzasar. :)

Welcome to Quick Games, version 3.0

Game List:
    Get A Line
    Get the Rebels!
    In the Blue Milk
    Jedi Hunter

Rules:

From Quick Games ep. II

Get a Line

This game is similar to bingo.

Every player will be given a card with 25 numbers on it, arranged in 5 rows of 5. Each player's card will be different. The host will then randomly pick numbers. Every player who has the number called will make a mark on his or her card. When a player has 5 numbers in a row, either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, he or she will post "got a line" in the thread and post the card as proof.

Example:

Player A has a card that looks like this:

01-25-03-55-04
    02-22-06-08-40
    85-26-43-09-07
    33-54-29-05-15
    16-21-36-82-10

If the host calls "10", then the player will mark it on the card and post it as such:

01-25-03-55-04
    02-22-06-08-40
    85-26-43-09-07
    33-54-29-05-15
    16-21-36-82-10

This will continue until a player has five in a row. Each player must post cards 24 hours after numbers are called with updated results. If you miss posting 3 times in a row, you?re out.

If one player calls ?got a line? and has it, the rest of the players still have the remainder of the 24 hours to call it as well. The game can end in ties. (Because of time differences and such.)

*If one forgets to call "got a line", s/he has to wait for the next line. It's not possible to use a completed line after the round the line got completed.

*The winner will get 24h of colors.

Get the rebels!

--A B C D E F
    1 X X X X X X
    2 X X X X X X
    3 X X X X X X
    4 X X X X X X
    5 X X X X X X
    6 X X X X X X

Behind those 'x', rebels can be found, but only the host know where exactly and how many rebels there are.

The players start choosing one 'x' after another. It doesn't matter, if a rebel is found or not, it will be chosen only one 'x' per player and round. The 'x' will be chosen in public by posting or you may send in your pick by PM if you aren't going to be available on your turn.

But the player who finds a rebel first gets 2 points for a 4-6 group of rebels, 3 points for a 2-3 group of rebels and 4 points for one single rebel, because a single rebel can hide the best. Every other player who finds other rebels of a already discovered group will get only one point.

The player with the most points will get 24 hours of colors.

To make it easy for everyone:

1. Game starts
    2. First person on the sign up list (called player A) choose an "x" by posting 4D (for example)
    3. Host posts if there's a rebel hinding behind the "x". In this case: Yes, there is one and player A gets 3 points.
    Now everyone know that there's a group of 2 or 3 rebels. So there must be one or two more "X" close to the found one.
    4. The second person on the sign up list choose an "x" by posting in the thread.
    5. Host posts if there's a rebel or not
    And so on

If a player misses two rounds in a row, the player is out. It should keep the game faster, so it would be nice if no one starts missing every second round or so, ok?

In The Blue Milk

Your dazzling host will PM all players five cards to start with and list 3 (see below) cards in the thread. On your turn you will play one card in the thread and a new card will be PM'd to you to replace it, this will keep your hand at 5 cards. You must play a card with a noun that is larger or smaller than the one listed. You also need to explain why it fits (you'll see why later on). If the host doesn't accept your explanation as a valid one, you lose your turn. The card you've played will be taken out of the game and you'll receive another card.

Examples:

small<<<<<<<<<<<<big
    Line1: Head
    Line2: School
    Line3: Dryer

are listed

Player 1 could play:

small<<<<<<<<<<<<big
    Line2: School
    Line3: Dryer - Basement

Player 1 added "Basement". A dryer will fit in a basement.

Another example:

small<<<<<<<<<<<<big
    Line2: Desk - School
    Line3: Dryer - Basement

Player 2 added "Desk" under school, a desk will fit in a school.

You may only play a card over the largest or under the smallest card in each row. You cannot play it between two cards. So the next player could put something before Desk but not between Desk and School.

If you can't play a card or choose to pass, you may exchange up to three cards and skip a turn. You would PM the host with the cards you want to exchange on that turn and she will PM you back with replacements.

You can only play a card or exchange card(s) when it's your turn.

If you miss three rounds all in all during the game, you will be eliminated from the game.

Winning:
    If you play the third card to any row, you start a Blue Milk Round, in which all players try to win that row of cards. Starting with the next player in line, each gets a chance to play a card that is larger than the last card in that row. If you don't have a card to play, you pass without exchanging or adding cards to other rows and play continues with the next player in the line up. The round is over when it's back at the player that started the Blue Milk Round. Whoever played the largest card wins in the round. That player wins that row and a new row is started by the host from the next card in the deck. There will always be 3 rows in play. The game resumes with the next player after the one that started the Blue Milk Round.

During a Blue Milk Round (BMR), you can only play cards that are larger than the largest card in that row. Once someone starts a BMR, all play is focused on the row in contention. No cards may be played to other rows. All players, including the person who started the BMR, may not replenish their hands until the round is over.

BMR Example:

DNA
    Turkey
    Purse
    School

Yes, you can fit turkey into a purse. It's sliced turkey! Be prepared to back up the card you play. This is why you should argue about your card!

DNA
    Turkey
    Purse
    School
    Ocean
    World
    Universe

The player that played "Universe" would be the winner of that row.
    To win, be the first player to collect three rows of cards.

Tips:

*The card you play only has to relate to the card it directly touches not the entire row.
    *You may add a modifier such as "a", "an", "the", or "my" when playing your card. However, you may not embellish your card with other nouns to make it fit.

Jedi Hunter

--A B C D E F
    1 X X X X X X
    2 X X X X X X
    3 X X X X X X
    4 X X X X X X
    5 X X X X X X
    6 X X X X X X

These X's are hiding jedi, clonetroopers and droids. The goal is to find all the jedi and the player with the most points wins. This is how the game will be played:

I post a question (it can be anything from "What's my favorite color" to "What's the color of Luke's lightsaber in ANH?" and all the players PM me their answer within 24 hours. If you don't know the answer, just send me a guess instead.

All the players that answered me correctly are then free to pick one X each at the board. I will then reveal what's behind the X.

Jedi: the player gets one point

Clone Trooper: the player loses one point. If the player doesn't have any points, he or she will get -1 point.

Droid: Is a joker card and it might say "get one extra point" or "steal a point from a player of your choice".

The game is over when all the X's have been picked and the winner is the player with the most points.

Fact or Wacked

So how does this thing work?
    1. Up to 10 users are allowed to play at a time, with the sign-up sheet being passed around for one week before we start.
    2 There will be a challenge posted every 2 days and players will get 24hrs to respond to it. These challenges will be in the form of 3 statements. Each played must then guess if each of the statements is fact or fiction (wacked). Try not to google the answer, just go with your best guess. The reason I’m asking you not to google the answer is that then you will always get them right, therefore always gaining the max number of points - that makes it no fun and there can’t be a winner unless someone misses a round.
    3. I will post links to the fact information, so you know I’m not just making stuff up.
    4. Time Zones will always be an issue regardless of what time the challenge is posted. And new challenges are posted in Central Time, usually in the morning. Unfortunately, there is no perfect time, so certain players will always be handicapped no matter what time the host posts.
    5. There are points awarded for each challenge:
    - The first person to answer will gain 1 point
    - Each player will get 1 point for each of the three statements they guess correctly as fact or wacked
    - For guessing all 3 statements correctly, a bonus of 2 points is gained.
    6. If a player misses 3 rounds in a row or 5 rounds total in the game, they will be eliminated.
    7. The game will last for 10 rounds. The person with the most points will win the game. Their prize is 24h of colors.

Example:
    1. The placement of a donkey’s eyes in its head allows it to see all four of its hooves at all times.

2. Squirrels are the reason for most blackouts in the United States.

3. There is a nerveless area of skin half the size of a playing card on the top of your foot. Your brain compensates for it.
    Answers:
    1. Fact - http://www.rosamondgiffordzoo.org/fun-facts#:~:text=that the placement of a,feet at the same time.

2. Fact - https://www.publicpower.org/blog/defending-against-outages-squirrel-tracker

3. Wacked - https://thespinoff.co.nz/science/28-10-2017/101-fake-facts-that-youre-doomed-to-remember-as-true/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2021
  2. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    By popular demand, the next one up is:

Get A Line

3. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    I'm in. :D

1. Morgaine

4. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I'm in. :D

1. Morgaine
    3. DG

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I like to play as well! :D

1. Morgaine
    2. Skiara
    3. DG

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    1. Morgaine
    2. Skiara
    3. DG
    5. Gunny

7. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    I'm all up for playing.

1. Morgaine
    2. Skiara
    3. DG
    5. Gunny
    6. Fallen-Hero

8. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    I'll try, why not?

1. Morgaine
    2. Skiara
    3. DG
    5. Gunny
    6. Fallen-Hero
    8. JediMaster1511

9. Gurthrim_Lah

Gurthrim_Lah Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2008
    No one is leaving me out!

1. Morgaine
    2. Skiara
    3. DG
    4. Gurthrim_Lah
    5. Gunny
    6. Fallen-Hero
    8. JediMaster1511

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Damn, I just realised that I can't play this game. :oops: :(

1. Morgaine
    3. DG
    4. Gurthrim_Lah
    5. Gunny
    6. Fallen-Hero
    8. JediMaster1511

11. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    1. Morgaine
    2. Mister_Master
    3. DG
    4. Gurthrim_Lah
    5. Gunny
    6. Fallen-Hero
    8. JediMaster1511

I will just have to take your spot then.

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    I hope you proves yourself worthy of that special place. [face_mischief] :p

13. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    If I am not it is Gunnys fault.:p

14. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Isn't it always Gunny's fault? O:) :p

Come on people, we need one more! :D

15. Gurthrim_Lah

Gurthrim_Lah Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2008
    If you are reading this and you haven't signed up yet, then you have ten seconds to sign up before I break your legs[face_mischief]

16. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    I could try to convince someone else in the CCC to come along and play [face_whistling]

17. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    1. Morgaine
    2. Mister_Master
    3. DG
    4. Gurthrim_Lah
    5. Gunny
    6. Fallen-Hero
    7. Darth_Furio
    8. JediMaster1511

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Oh, wow, you really filled up the roster quickly.

I'll soon be sending out your cards and then we'll start the game :D

19. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
  20. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I got to figure out how to play this game quick. :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    :( I missed my chance for this game I guess. :(

22. Mister_Master

Oct 17, 2007
    Just add you name. We are playing Get A Line aren't we? I thought that game had no limit.

23. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Of course, just add your name. I haven't sent out any PMs yet.

1. Morgaine
    2. Mister_Master
    3. DG
    4. Gurthrim_Lah
    5. Gunny
    6. Fallen-Hero
    7. Darth_Furio
    8. JediMaster1511

24. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Yay! I thought that you'd sent them out already. :)

1. Morgaine
    2. Mister_Master
    3. DG
    4. Gurthrim_Lah
    5. Gunny
    6. Fallen-Hero
    7. Darth_Furio
    8. JediMaster1511
    9. JarJarJedi

25. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001