main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Quick little survey

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by shanefowlkes, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undomiel

Undomiel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2002
    Shane,

Heh. Most of the people who play EverQuest are in their thirties and forties. lol I know many, many Star Wars fans who are in their thirties and forties, and only a couple in their fifties or higher. And I know ALOT of Star Wars fans in their twenties.

2. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998

Sex: Female

And surely this thread has zilch to do with what happens in AOTC. (Don't call me Shirley)

3. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    Sex: Female (On a SW board?! Unthinkable! ;) )
    Geographic Location: Florida, USA

4. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Sex: Female (at least the last time I checked) :)

The first time I saw A New Hope, masses of people were circling the building waiting to get into the theater.

I've been a fan ever since.

5. Radar_958

Radar_958 Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2002
    23 (almost 24)
    male
    Indianapolis, Indiana

I was in my mother's womb when her, my father, and my grandfather went to see A New Hope. Some of my earliest memories are of Star Wars. I still have the RCA video disks of the original trilogy. Treasured momentos of my childhood. I'm far from fat and not a loser like the guy from the Simpson. I just like Star Wars. I have only seen AOTC four times. Not a lot compared to many here, but that is a lot to me.

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    DarthTerrious Do you a Cunning Plan then?
    (if you have to ask...)

Female
    30+
    Seattle

7. LukeSky8953220

LukeSky8953220 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    male
    New Jersey

....and im one of the "popular" kids in school (not bragging, but wierd right?)

8. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Sex: Female

9. Darth-Schwartz

Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    21 M Sask, Canada I already am the simpsons comic book guy/ undergrads gimpy.

i accept it.

10. Sumbudy-Wan_Kenobi

Sumbudy-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    Male
    East Texas

I do like comic books (not as much as I used to back in my early teens), but I'm halfway normal and not a drooling, geeky stereotype (not that there's anything wrong with that). Saw SW when I was 8 or 9 and haven't looked back since.

Seen AOTC 8 times so far. Seen the SW films all together (including AOTC) 19 times so far in theaters.

I know, I know. Weak. :)

11. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    Sex: M

Don't know when I saw SW for the first time. Always been a part of my memory.

AOTC- 2 film, 1 digital, and many other times you know where.

12. AOTC_Lover

AOTC_Lover Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    Female
    BC, Canada

13. Joda-kan

Joda-kan Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2002
    AGE 20
    SEX Male
    LOCATION australia...

14. yoda900

yoda900 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Tdj, that is neat that you still have the original beta version of the movie, I however (or my family I guess) has never had a beta, we always had VHS.

But that is cool :)

PLJ, you are too funny, I sometimes feel like I am writing a personal ad to on some of these threads, particularly on my own local Jedi council forums where they ask everyone abouut everyone.

So you are aparenty both funny and very highly intelligent. Excellent, Keep it up! :)

15. 0Bl-WAN

0Bl-WAN Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    M
    Houston, TX

16. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    Female
    Laurel, MD

So right now it's like 10 guys to each girl huh? Pretty good odds for a shy kid.

17. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I am a southern 32 year old male from Alabama. I saw ANH just after turning seven years old and fell asleep through most parts that didn't feature R2D2, Vader and Star Destroyers(I remember the Holiday Special vividly)! I have seen AOTC 11 times so far. I hope to at least equal the 14 times I saw TPM in 1999.

18. SamakinSkywalker

SamakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    I am 13 and have seen Episode 2 9 times and might see it in digital next week. I saw Episode 1 3 times. I am a boy and live In Georgia.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Darth Jamus- Wow I can almost hear your Southern drawl in that description of yourself, and see you sitting on a porch swing drinking iced tea. Quite lyrical post actually. :)

I remember the Holiday Special as well (I wish they would release that on DVD!) I also remember the 2 Ewok movies and my personal favorite being Mark Hamill on The Muppet Show. That was the best w/ Miss Piggy in Leia buns- what a ham!

Yoda900, funny you say, hummmm??? Witty and dry would be my words for describing my sense of humor. Much like Obi-Wan :D

20. Dark_Force

Dark_Force Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    Male
    Healdsburg, CA
    Just a few miles north of Skywalker Ranch. :)

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hey Dark_Force I was born and raised in Sebastopol! How's the wine industry booming up there?

22. Thencean

Thencean Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2002
    MALE
    Michigan

It appears as though the .com-ers are besting us old folks, or as I like to think of us - originals---Come on X-peoples! These kids have no idea - Remember waiting FOREVER to see ANH again after it left the theater because VCR's were basically non-existent - and to BUY a VHS tape of a film . . . they were like a hundred bucks!
    (Man - it's gonna be eight months till the DVD comes out! Whatever shall we do!?!)

23. Rowland

Rowland Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Male, 17, Buffalo, NY

I became hooked on Star Wars in my junior high years, the rerelease time of the OT. TPM came out, stayed into Star Wars for a few months, got tired of it, ditched all my posters of Star Wars and any other references of it from my room because, for 3 years of high school, I suddenly became too cool for Star Wars. LOL, kids are so hilarious...

24. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000

Male

Washington, D.C.

25. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    "I remember the Holiday Special as well (I wish they would release that on DVD!) I also remember the 2 Ewok movies and my personal favorite being Mark Hamill on The Muppet Show. That was the best w/ Miss Piggy in Leia buns- what a ham!"

PadmeLeiaJaina, I remember those Ewok movies too. I was around 15 years old when they came out and was beginning to lose interest in Star Wars (only a temporary lull, though). I would love for the Holiday Special to come out on DVD, if for nothing more than the Boba Fett cartoon short. I have never seen the Muppet Show with Mark Hamill, my mom hated the show and we only had one television (those were the days).

"Remember waiting FOREVER to see ANH again after it left the theater because VCR's were basically non-existent - and to BUY a VHS tape of a film . . . they were like a hundred bucks"

Thencean, I definitely remember that. Wait a year and the movie came back to theatres again. VCRs cost $800-$1000 bucks and you had to be a member of a video club in order to rent them. I used to look at the boxes and wish so hard to have a VCR. How funny, now that they are so common and inferior to DVD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.