Quick little survey

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by shanefowlkes, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Jamus Jedi Master

star 4
    "I remember the Holiday Special as well (I wish they would release that on DVD!) I also remember the 2 Ewok movies and my personal favorite being Mark Hamill on The Muppet Show. That was the best w/ Miss Piggy in Leia buns- what a ham!"

PadmeLeiaJaina, I remember those Ewok movies too. I was around 15 years old when they came out and was beginning to lose interest in Star Wars (only a temporary lull, though). I would love for the Holiday Special to come out on DVD, if for nothing more than the Boba Fett cartoon short. I have never seen the Muppet Show with Mark Hamill, my mom hated the show and we only had one television (those were the days).

"Remember waiting FOREVER to see ANH again after it left the theater because VCR's were basically non-existent - and to BUY a VHS tape of a film . . . they were like a hundred bucks"

Thencean, I definitely remember that. Wait a year and the movie came back to theatres again. VCRs cost $800-$1000 bucks and you had to be a member of a video club in order to rent them. I used to look at the boxes and wish so hard to have a VCR. How funny, now that they are so common and inferior to DVD!
  2. anakinforever Jedi Knight

Female
    Paris (France)

Since ANH, I have always thought that the best parts were those with Vader and the Force. How could Vader have become so mean ? without feelings ? We would certainly discover he had a weak point. This was fascinating.
    I was dying to find out what made him so. AOTC is the best movie I have ever seen.
  3. Lil_Lisa Jedi Master

star 4
    female
    New Zealand

I must be one of the newest SW fans around here. I only saw it about 2 months before I registered at the JC, that is september 2001. :)
  4. Hongkongchewie Jedi Youngling

Male
    Stoke, UK

Look & sound like Chewie.
  5. bebbie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sex: Female

First saw Star Wars in late 1977 when I was ten. Have seen AOTC ten times :)
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    "Remember waiting FOREVER to see ANH again after it left the theater because VCR's were basically non-existent - and to BUY a VHS tape of a film . . . they were like a hundred bucks"

Thencean- I never got the videos until the mid 80's maybe- because they were so expensive for soooo long (younglings initial SW video prices were $99 a film- Yikes!) So instead we did get a VCR when they first came out (thing lasted forever too -it was quite the workhorse,) then we got Showtime. I think it was 1980-81 that they premiered SW, I remember being about 9 or so, and watching it every time that Showtime showed it, and then taped it and wore out my tape. I would even get up to watch it at 5am before having to go to school- and I'm not even a morning person! Talk about obsessed!
  7. OB3 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sex: >Yes please! Lots more!< Hemale
    Earth Galaxy Jar Jar Away...
  8. Shmi02 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've seen AOTC 8 times (I credit it as the film which has made me a MAJOR SW fan)-- ROTJ was the first one I ever saw on the big screen-- thank goodness for the re-releases!
  9. Orion_Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    sex:male

AOTC ROCKS!'

0J
  10. orn-free-tada Jedi Grand Master

star 6

11. Qui Gon Jim23 Force Ghost

star 5
    I never got the videos until the mid 80's maybe

Yeah, if I remember correctly, GL didn't let SW out on VHS (or Beta) until after ESB. I remember going to a friend of my parent's house and he said I could watch SW on his new VCR. I was ecstatic! But to my horror he had rented Star Trek - TMP. :mad:

I haven't been able to watch that movie since...
  12. SeventySeven Jedi Padawan

Male

British

Saw ANH when it first came out...blew me away. ESB raised the bar with the walker scene, but I definately rmember thinking 'Yoda...what its a muppet???' Something I always think of when I here some of the trivial things people gripe about on theses boards. ROTJ felt like 'Speilbergy' to me, and I was growing up by then. I'm loving the PT. Eeven as a youngling I used to imagine what Obi-Wan meant by the 'Clone Wars' I am seeing this stuff come to life!
  13. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus

star 6
    Sex: (Yes please ;)) Male

ST
  14. Ewanfan51 Jedi Knight

star 2
    50 years old
    female
    NY

I first saw Star Wars with my children during its first release. I have been hooked ever since.
  15. orn-free-tada Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    i didnt even like starwars until 1997.

now i cant stop thiniking about it. its amaizing.

my cousin( who is much older than me) when i was about 7, he said.. " dean you have to watch starwars. its the best films of all time"

and i replyied
    " no i dont like it. i wanna watch 'you've been framed"

oh how ive missed out
  16. Vaders_leash Jedi Knight

star 3
    Age 32
    Sex: Male
    Saint Petersburg, Florida

It's hard to find accurate words to describe my esteem for the original 1977 film. It was the be-all, end-all of my childhood.

But this is the AOTC forum and that film isn't bad, either.
  17. palthemac Jedi Knight

star 1
    SEX: Male
    ..I just love blindguardian..and you know something?..2 of them love starwars!
  18. SLAVE2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Male
    Manchester, England
  19. Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Master

star 4
    Male
    Orange County, California

I saw ANH for the first time in a Drive-in in 77. I was 3. Pure magic! It was George Lucas and Steven Spielberg that inspired me to want to make movies at a very young age. :)
  20. Daniel Jedi Knight

star 1
    SEX: Male

Been a fan since 1977. Seen AOTC 3 times and can't wait for the DVD.
  21. kenobikenobi Jedi Knight

star 3

I grew up with Star Wars because my cousins all liked it when they were younger (they were all around 5 or so when it came out..and they are all boys and there is 7 of them) so my younger brother and I got so much hand-me-down star wars merchandise its sickening. lol. My brother has always been into it but I did'nt start really liking it untill they rereleased them. I was 10 or so.
  22. bedada3 Force Ghost

star 4
    25, Aquarius, Year of the Dragon
    Male, Single
    Des Moines, IA

It all started when my mom was driving me home from nursery school and we stopped at Jewel grocery store. I picked up this little toy that looked neat. My mom bought it for me and figured it was called "Yoda." My first action figure!
    Then I rememeber being at the same location days later, getting my second action figure. It was Lando Calrissian, but my mom wasn't going to try to pronounce his name, so I called him, "Yoda's friend."
  23. nashira Manager Emeritus

star 4
    23 (for another month)
    female
    SW Michigan
  24. Riku Jedi Knight

star 1
    Male
    Tampere, Finland

I saw ANH 11 years ago. :)
  25. Polaris_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    27 (soon to be 28...*sob* *sob* *sob*)
    Female.
    Proud Canadian.

My first Star Wars experience: My dad took my brother and me to see ANH and ESB as a double feature when I was 7. It was our first Star Wars, and our first double feature. Can you hear me grinning as I type this? :D

I remember walking out afterwards, all upset because I didn't know what would happen to Han. :) And seeing the poster for the next installment: "REVENGE of the Jedi". Heh.

I remember the Ewok movies,( I kept hoping Han and Chewie would show up...Doh!) but I never saw the Special. I'd love to see it if it ever becomes available, though. My brother and I waited and waited for ANH to come on tv, so we could tape it on our beta machine, and edit out all the commercials. Darn, we just had to watch it and tape it at the same time. ;)

I also remember being stuck with the novels of the movies and the Han Solo adventures for the longest time, because there was nothing to fill the gap. I still have the original editions.

Hey, when *I* was young, I had to walk through 12 foot drifts on the surface of Hoth with nothing but my father's blaster to get *my* Star Wars! LOL!

Now I feel old. :)But I'm glad to find out I'm not the only one over 20 on this board. I thought there were, like, 4 people around here even close to my age. And don't even get me started on the female/male ratio. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.