main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Quick little survey

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by shanefowlkes, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neffer

Neffer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2001
    male
    Maryland

2. DiMiT

DiMiT Jedi Master star 3

Mar 26, 2001
    Male
    Kelowna BC Canada

saw ANH in '77 when I was 4 and a half

changed my life forever!

3. Dark_wookiee

Dark_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    sex: female

I saw ANH when I was 6 in 1987 and been a fan ever since - but ROTJ is my all time fave SW film. I just *love* the Emperor!
    Ian McDiarmid is one great actor.

FIGS!

4. Ssorrol

Ssorrol Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 2, 2002
    SEX: male
    LOCATION: Earth, North America, US, West Coast, California, Monterey County, Monterey (life is boring here :( ;))

hmmm i dont watch the simpson's and i couldnt get fat even if i wanted too lol :)

5. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Male

I saw Star Wars: Episode IV | A New Hope
    a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
    Well, really, I saw it in 1993 i believe. I was in 3rd grade and I was 8 years old. I had always heard about Star Wars and how great it was, I had bought books, etc... and practically knew the story and everything that happened before I saw the movies.

6. Mad_Ewok

Mad_Ewok Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2002
    Male
    Irvine, CA

I've watched the SW movies since I was a little kid.

7. YodaBaggins

YodaBaggins Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Female
    Ohio

I first saw SW in 1997 when the SE came out, and I've been hooked ever since. ;)

8. chaos9001

chaos9001 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 15, 2002
    I am an 18 year old Male from the great cornfield....i mean state of illinois, i first became attuned to the force when i was little my grand parents watched the movies with me, but it was when i was 7 i actually begged my mother to rent the trilogy and watch it with me....10 minutes into it my mom fell asleep, and in the process a little boy who was picked on at school and had few friends finally found some...in a galaxy far far away

(i know that was cheesy, but oh well)

9. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Wow! only 3 users including myself from the UK...

10. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    Age...I was about the age of the average poster back in 1977. <g>

Female

The real Northern California (and not one drop of ocean for hundreds of miles)

11. darthsidious32

darthsidious32 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Sex: Male

I grew up with the OT on video for the most part. I was only fortunate enough to see ROTJ in the theater. I have always loved Star Wars. But when the prequels started coming out, I became a hardcore fan.

12. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    Geographic Location: Melbourne, Australia

13. jojoballs2002

jojoballs2002 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2002
    male
    Pasedena California

i was like 10 when i saw a new hope but i didnt get into star wars untill i saw tpm i dont quite know why

14. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002

15. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    sex: female
    location: "If there's a bright center of the universe, this is the planet it's farthest from." All right . . . not really. It's just central Michigan.

I saw ANH dring its re-release in '78, when I was 6. My parents wouldn't let me see it when it originally came out because it had "war" in the title. That was probably a good idea, since I didn't understand the movie at all and Darth Vader frightened me badly.

This, of course, is almost certainly why I became an immediate addict. Kids develop a sense of mastery by going back into mildly stressful situations over and over. In fact, one of my education profs claims the film industry deliberately makes kids' movies too scary just so they can sell tie-in toys to the critters as they work out their repetition compulsions. I'm not quite that cynical.

None of this explains why I'm still a Star Wars geek though. For that I'm going to blame . . . Canada. Yes, that seems best. Oh, and the fact that Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor are hot. ;)

16. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Yes please...I mean Male
    Denver

Some of my earliest and fondest memories of are Star Wars

17. Scruffy-looking

Scruffy-looking Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    Male
    Berkeley, CA

Saw ANH and RotJ in the theaters, but somehow missed ESB; didn't see it in theaters until the Special Edition :(

SW faded from my mind until the Zahn trilogy came out. The SE's and TPM whetted my appetite (saw TPM 4x), and now I'm addicted after AOTC! (seen it 9 times and counting)

18. jedinyte35

jedinyte35 Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2001
    Age 37, from Cincy, Ohio, male. A Star Wars "geek" since the beginning. After seeing the ages on here, I think I'll
    apply for the vanity plate OLD JEDI

19. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    male
    Philadelphia, PA
    Saw A hew Hope when I was 2. Still remember going to see it in Wildwood NJ. Left my phillies cap in the theatres. Remeber loving the trash compactor scene. Also I brought a Darth Vader figure with me to see it.

20. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Male
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin

I grew up watching Taped off of TV Star Wars movies. I was excited when my parents bought me the THX trilogy in 95, and then I saw all 3 in the theater with the SEs. I have been a huge fan ever since.

21. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    male
    Austin, TX
    i'm not like the comic book guy, i'm not a teenager, and i'm not normal. i just like star wars, and i have a lot of spare time and internet access at work, so.... here i am! :D

what is the point of this survey?
    i mean, yes, there is a direct correlation between the attitudes and wisdom behind the posts and the age of the posters, but unless you memorize a whole bunch of names and ages it won't really be useful on the boards.

22. jpmaxted

jpmaxted Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2002
    Male
    Blacksburg, VA

I first saw Star Wars on an HBO or Showtime when I was three. Been obsessed since. Seen AOTC 5 times (stupid crappy theaters in SW VA that pulled it after 4 weeks). But I did get to see it digital in DC. AWESOME.

As for the Muppet Show, you can get the Mark Hamill Muppet Show from Time Life. I know because I got the complete best of DVD set and it was in there. I think you can order the DVD or VHS seperately if you want. What a great set. I hope they release the rest of them on DVD.

23. SoloStrider

SoloStrider Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002

I saw ANH the first weekend it was released in 1977. I went with a group of friends from college. We knew it wasn't going to be an ordinary movie when we walked into the theater and saw an array of extra speakers (like old Klipschhorns) run across the floor in front of the screen. When the show ended, we all looked at each other.
    "Anybody planning to get up and leave?"
    "No."
    "What do we do if they come tell us to get out?"
    "Throw money at them until they go away."

We sat through a second show, and left the theater around midnight and gawked at this huge line of people waiting to get in for a midnight show. It was the first time it had ever occurred to me I might actually want to sit through two consecutative showings of a film.

24. AnotherAgentSmith

AnotherAgentSmith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    Male
    Belgium, Europe

I first saw ANH when I was about 6, it was on a French TV channel and dubbed over in French. I still loved it! I liked Star Wars ever since but it is thanks to my lovely fiancee who's an even bigger fan than I am, that my passion for Star Wars grew to its current level.

I saw AOTC only 3 times sadly because they stopped projecting it digitally in Belgium.

25. jedi-ES

jedi-ES Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002

Male

South Florida, USA

I have seen AOTC 16 times. And waiting for the IMAX version to come out.

I don't remember my first viewing of any of the OT, but the first birthday cake I remember, at 2 or 3, was Darth Vader's helmet. I guess GL got me pretty early.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.