Quick little survey

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by shanefowlkes, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smallpaul Force Ghost

star 3
    Male
    Kansas City

I saw A New Hope in 77' when I was five. I haven't been the same since. I've seen AOTC 6 times. twice digital projection.
  2. WeezerFett Jedi Padawan

Male
    Spokane Wa

I saw AHH the first time when I was 5, and I've been a fan ever since. I've seen AOTC 11 times, and haven't paid once...I guess being a mngr. at a theatre has it's up sides. Am I the only one from the north west on these boards?
  3. shakermaker Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sex: Male
  4. TenderHeart Jedi Knight

star 2
  5. SkywalkerSolo Jedi Knight

star 3
    -15 3/4

-Female

-California
  6. Polaris_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    "I saw ANH dring its re-release in '78, when I was 6. My parents wouldn't let me see it when it originally came out because it had "war" in the title. That was probably a good idea, since I didn't understand the movie at all and Darth Vader frightened me badly."

Yeah, but it was a *cool* kind of frightened badly, Ophelia. :D

"This, of course, is almost certainly why I became an immediate addict. Kids develop a sense of mastery by going back into mildly stressful situations over and over. In fact, one of my education profs claims the film industry deliberately makes kids' movies too scary just so they can sell tie-in toys to the critters as they work out their repetition compulsions. I'm not quite that cynical."

Would it help your cyncism any if I told you SW was one of the first "line" toy movies? That and GI Joe, if I recall. Instead of buying one toy, and using his or her imagination, the child wants all the toys, to feel complete and, as you say, repeat the events of the movie according to the child's perspective and wishes.

"None of this explains why I'm still a Star Wars geek though. For that I'm going to blame . . . Canada. Yes, that seems best. "

Hey! Yeah,well...I blame central Michigan! That seems best. :p And don't make me throw a snowball! Because...well, it's July and we don't actually HAVE snowballs in July!

"Oh, and the fact that Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor are hot. "

Doesn't hurt, surely.

...Jango ain't bad, either.

Hey, we should have a thread for the over 25 crowd. There are a few of us, but we're hard to find. :)
  7. Texas_Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Species: Human

Home World: Earth South Carolina

Affiliation: Jedi Knight

Master: Obi Wan Kenobi

Lightsaber Color: Blue

Seen AOTC: 21 times

First Time Seeing ANH: 1977 4 1/2 years old sitting on my mother's lap. :)
  8. smauldookie Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    sex- MALE

age- 25 soon to be 26

city- arlington,tx :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.