main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Quick question about 501:st

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Queengodess, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    In what EU books/comics can I find references to the 501:st, also known as Vader's Fist?

2. Count_Solidus

Count_Solidus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Only "Survivor's Quest" and "Fool's Bargain," i think.

Imperial 501st Legion: This company of Imperial stormtroopers, known as the Vader's Fist, was once the personal guard of Darth Vader himself, during the height of the New Order. They were known for their fanatic adherence to the pro-human stance of the Emperor, a trait that manifested itself in their combat training and the efficiency with which they executed their orders. It was somewhat surprising, then, that the 501st eventually became part of the military forces of the Empire of the Hand, several years after the Battle of Yavin. The legion had been reformed by Admiral Voss Parck, although it was reborn with the beliefs and tenets of the Empire of the Hand. Even the anti-alien sentiment of the old unit was gone, especially after the Eickarie known as Su-mil joined the Aurek-Seven unit.

Sorry. Like to use my sources.

3. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    Originally they were just the fanclub but then Zahn and LFL decided it would be a nice gesture to include the namesake in a story so you get Survivor's Quest and it's E-book, Fool's Baragin.

4. Count_Solidus

Count_Solidus Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Originally they were just the fanclub but then Zahn and LFL decided it would be a nice gesture to include the namesake in a story so you get Survivor's Quest and it's E-book, Fool's Baragin.

Where can you find 'Fool's Bargain'? I hadn't heard of it until i looked up the 501st info.

5. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    It's included in the paperback edition of Survivor's Quest.

Thanks for your answers - I knew about the fanclub, but when I found the 501:st I couldn't help but wonder what the whole thing came from. Now I know. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.