main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Quick question about the Clone Wars cartoon

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthLassic007, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    The Clone Wars go on for three years. But how long in time do the Clone Wars last from the beginning of the first chapter of Volume 1 to the end of the last chapter of Volume 2?
    I know that there were other battles before Volume 1 started, but it does seem like the Clone Wars cartoon cover only a small amount of time.

2. -Commander_Cody-

-Commander_Cody- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 17, 2005
    I think they again, just covered the ending. This is actually good because it gives us time to make up our own Clone Wars Battles. Thats what im doing.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Clone Wars Volume 1 covers events occuring 4 months ABG.

Clone Wars Volume 2 Chapter 21 starts at 4 months ABg (with the rescue) then jumps ahead to 30 months ABG (with the Jedi Council and Knighting scenes).

Chapter 22 spans ahead another month or so.

Chapter 23 jumps ahead to about 35.75 months ABG. It, 24 and 25 take us through to 36 months ABG and ROTS.

4. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Cool. Thanks a lot guys.

5. majin_yami

majin_yami Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    So were actually missing 26 months of the Clone Wars. Hmmmm.

6. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    they should of made like 40 Clone Wars shorts instead of 25. O well I'm glad we atleast got 25.

7. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    well i am so happy that i got to see the invasion of coruscant,i read LOE in feb so it dident think i would ever see the capture of papitine

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>So were actually missing 26 months of the Clone Wars. Hmmmm.<<

Well, that's where the comics and novels fall into place.

9. Steve_Dave

Steve_Dave Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2005
    "they should of made like 40 Clone Wars shorts instead of 25. O well I'm glad we atleast got 25. "

Has it been said that this is all we get as far Tartakovsky Star Wars animation goes?

I hope not. This stuff was so cool and I love the look. I hope we get more clone wars or maybe stuff taking place even farther in the past.

10. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    It shouldn't have been shorts in the first place. Should have been a full season of 30 minute shows.

!snap

11. majin_yami

majin_yami Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    It should have been. He did it with Samurai Jack, so why not with Star Wars?

12. Melancholy

Melancholy Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    This doesn't deserve its own thread, so...

I'm wondering why there is no audio commentaries with the free smaller versions at Cartoon Network's website.

Kind of a disappointment. :(

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Don' t worry- there weren't any commentaries for Volume 2 on the larger hyperspace versions either.

14. Melancholy

Melancholy Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    You have to admit, it's kind of strange.

We have to figure that there will be one when the Volume Two DVD comes out.

It's weird.

15. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    This doesn't deserve its own thread, so...

I'm wondering why there is no audio commentaries with the free smaller versions at Cartoon Network's website.

Kind of a disappointment.

As was noted there were no commentaries for the Hyperspace either. It also brought another question to my mind that I had forgot to ask earlier but didn't feel warranted a new thread. Can anyone get commentaries on the DVD? I listened to them while they were on Hyperspace but can't find how to do it on DVD.

The Clone Wars go on for three years. But how long in time do the Clone Wars last from the beginning of the first chapter of Volume 1 to the end of the last chapter of Volume 2?
    I know that there were other battles before Volume 1 started, but it does seem like the Clone Wars cartoon cover only a small amount of time.

While dates have already been stated by others, for many of the smaller adventures I'm not sure that it can be precisely labeled where the events fit, and while I myself am interested in constructing a timeline of the events, I am not sure that we can even begin to guess where some of these would fall. Who knows if Kit Fisto's underwater adventure coincided with Mace's time on Dantooine?

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually we do know they happened at about the same time- Palpatine menbtions in Chapter 1 that Mace Windu is still fighting on Dantooine, so it either happened just before or during the Munnilist and Hypori storylines. And, an exact date was given for Kit Fisto's adventure in HNN (it's a couple days before the 4 month mark, but close enough).

>>Can anyone get commentaries on the DVD<<

Yeah- just go to the setup or options menu (i forget which it's called) where all the audio options and such are listed- including both the CN and HS commentaries.

17. wicket1138

Mar 10, 2002
    Actually we do know they happened at about the same time- Palpatine menbtions in Chapter 1 that Mace Windu is still fighting on Dantooine, so it either happened just before or during the Munnilist and Hypori storylines. And, an exact date was given for Kit Fisto's adventure in HNN (it's a couple days before the 4 month mark, but close enough).
    I didn't know about the date for Kit Fisto's adventure... that kinda throws most of my argument. I was going to say that we just didn't have any exact dates... but oh well. I'm wrong.

Yeah- just go to the setup or options menu (i forget which it's called) where all the audio options and such are listed- including both the CN and HS commentaries.
    I must be blind. I looked for those options on the DVD and didn't find them. I'll have to go look through that again. Thanks for that.

18. Arch_Clone_Trooper

Arch_Clone_Trooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    i have a question it might spund stupid but if clones are so well trianed which they always appear to be when they fight driods then y in episode 21 of the micro series, y cant they lead there target GG. i mean all of there shots are aimed at him and he is running so if u aim at a moving target u will miss unless u lead the target. Not one clone leads his target so they all miss and 4 die. Side question but it has been bothering me for awhile. Also the tiger gunship in 21, did it have ball gunners cuss it didnt look like it.

19. wicket1138

Mar 10, 2002
    i have a question it might spund stupid but if clones are so well trianed which they always appear to be when they fight driods then y in episode 21 of the micro series, y cant they lead there target GG. i mean all of there shots are aimed at him and he is running so if u aim at a moving target u will miss unless u lead the target. Not one clone leads his target so they all miss and 4 die. Side question but it has been bothering me for awhile. Also the tiger gunship in 21, did it have ball gunners cuss it didnt look like it.
    Suspension of disbelief my friend. Suspension of disbelief. And more than four die. They all die. The point is to make Grievous look incredibly threatening, to take out the Republic's finest, as was the same in killing the Jedi in Chapter 20.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.