main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Quick question on Cloud City

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Bravo, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    We seem to be at a loss over in the Role Playing Forum on a canon issue regarding Cloud City and I was wondering if anyone over here could help us out in the Rocketjock Eatery.

Per Wookieepedia, Cloud City was taken over by Lando 1 year ABY. But one of our players in Intervention seems to think that the Han Solo Trilogy stated 2 months before the Battle of Yavin. Wookieepedia does not reference the Han Solo Trilogy on their Cloud City article as a source of information. Any quickened help (for role playing time management) would be much appreciated.

Thanks! :)

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    The Han Solo Trilogy makes no mention of Lando taking over Bespin at all (at least as far as I could find), the recently released novel Scoundrels also makes no mention of him being in charge of Bespin and is set a few weeks after the Battle of Yavin, so the year after Yavin should be about right.

3. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    The AC Crispin Han Solo books do involve Cloud City, but as the location for the tournament where Lando lost the Falcon to Han. Lando then decides he likes the place and decides to continue to gamble in that venue. Nothing about him winning Cloud City.

4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thanks all!!!!! :D

I'm reading Scoundrals right now and totally forgot about the timeline. :oops:

5. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    There's also Galaxy of Fear #4, which takes place months after Yavin and has Calrissian going to Cloud City at the end to investigate business opportunities on Cloud City. So yes, all sources are in agreement: it happened after ANH.

Of course, then there's Shadow Games, which takes place during the weeks before ANH and states that Lando is already the Baron Administrator of Cloud City. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!!! [face_rofl] :oops:

TC