Quick Question re: new Luke Jedi Knight figure

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by SaintKenobi1322, Jul 22, 2013.

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Knight

Due to space constraints, I have limited myself to buying items of Luke in his ROTJ outfit. I am as confused as can be about the new photos up on the official site.

What is that new Jedi Knight Luke figure? Is it 3 3/4"? And if so, why is it listed as 'Saga Legends' since it appears to be a new sculpt with only vintage-style articulation?

HELP! Thanks!
  2. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    I haven't seen the figure, but if it's under the "Saga Legends" banner it can still be totally new. Earlier this year Hasbro decided to split their 3 3/4" line in two. The Black Series—which is aimed more at collectors and features the articulation, sculpting and the standard $9.99 price point that's become the standard over the last decade or so—and the Saga Legends line, which is aimed more at kids and has reduced articulation, simpler sculpts and a lower $5.99 retail price. It's a bit confusing because the "Saga Legends" name used to refer to a line of "popular" figures that were being re-issued.

I hope that helps.
    SaintKenobi1322 likes this.
  3. SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Knight

That answers my question, thank you! I had heard about the Black Series, but I didn't realize the line was splitting up like that. Despite the limited articulation, it actually is a really good likeness of Luke. I'll be picking one up for sure. Thanks again.
  4. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    You're welcome :D. Yeah I know a lot of people who are just as or even more excited by this Saga Legends line than the Black Series. I think some collectors are over the floppy-limbed "super articulated" figures, and let's face it; $5.99 > $9.99 (SRP U.S.).
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT