main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Quick question re: NR formation.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Quick question here that I can't seem to recall offhand. When does the Rebel Alliance (or Alliance of Free Planets, whatever) official declare itself as The New Republic after Endor? (I know they become the RA again in DE, but I'm asking about the initial formation.).

2. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    One month after, I believe.

3. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Difficult to answer. Genghis pointed out that it seems to be immediately after the Battle of Endor, which makes sense. In the X-wing novels, it seems that it is either the end of Wedge's Gamble or The Krytos Trap when we see them calling themselves the New Republic. However, that overlooks the Rogue Squadron comics in which they are already calling themselves the New Republic. But they are not yet the galactic government. Keeping in mind that Stackpole actually wrote the comics as well as five of the X-wing novels, it would seem that it was in either Wedge's Gamble or the Krytos Trap that the New Republic became the galactic government with the capture of Coruscant. As they were already using the name at before the capture of Coruscant, it makes sense that it was shortly after the Battle of Endor that they took the name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.