main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Quick Question

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Errant_Venture, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Its been a while since I last read an EU book, even longer since I last discussed the EU and anways I have a simple question regarding blaster rifles.

I don't ever recall an author getting this descriptive but does a standard blaster rifle have the capacity to blow someones (standard human) head off? I ask cause I'm hoping to convince someone to make a mod for a game that'll allow just that sort of thing if its even canon.

2. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Most definitely.

3. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Thats what I thought but all the instances I've seen was just burns and no author really mentioned blowing someones head off...or a limb in general with a blaster rifle.

That was from the ANH novel? Huh, read it once as a kid and didn't like it. Never read it again. :p

Thank ye Trip 0.

4. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Well, besides the quote I just edited into my earlier post, there's the huge chunks blown out of the walls in Cloud City, Docking Bay 94, and IIRC the Death Star. Blasters apparently have some sort of variable power setting, since they don't always cause that much damage. But they're definitely capable.

No prob.

5. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, sometimes the blaster just burns the flesh, sometimes it superheats the tissue and it explodes from all the water in it turning into steam.[face_coffee]

6. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

No two heads are the same, let alone species. An energy bolt to the head can have whatever results the writer wants.

May I point out what that did to poor Marshy?

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9a/Stay-puff-marshmellow-man-film.jpg]

7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Ex, that was perfectly good English that made sense!:eek:

8. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    "'Sup, fools? I'm Marshie! I make your mornings shiver with flavor! I'm going this way!"

9. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants they chose a new form for him--that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.

Rambles like Louis Tully's above monologue is often good practice for de-hieroglyphicing me. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.