main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Quick, what does

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by AnaKanned_Food, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnaKanned_Food

AnaKanned_Food Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 20, 2003
    I feel like an idiot not being able to decipher "AoE" on my own. And I'll probably feel like an even bigger idiot afterwards.... thanks.

edit/ you've found your answer, Apple on Eggs was funnier though.

2. Darth Dane

Darth Dane Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2000

Age of Empires?

Mayhaps

DD - AoE Spliff

3. AnaKanned_Food

Feb 20, 2003
    Hmmm... Age of Empires doesn't seem to fit in context of the phrases it's been used in. Darn it!!! I'm dying here!!! Someone!!!!

KHAAAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!!!!

4. Darth Dane

Darth Dane Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2000

what about;

Agony of Evil!

DD - Love Spliff

5. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    I don't know, but I think it is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. People that use it never give a straight answer. [face_plain]

6. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    There are a couple of reasons floating around. Essentially it is a tag used by a handful of users who think they are part of a cool secret society of newbie-bashers. They like to spam threads and repeat the same in jokes again and again.

7. AnaKanned_Food

Feb 20, 2003
    Well, dammit, after reading too many Illuminati books, I am sick and tired of hearing about secret societies!!!! I'd much rather "AoE" mean "agony of evil" than refer to some exclusive and strange Star Wars cult of persons with unheard of connections to LucasFilm Ltd.!!!!

8. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Hmm, if it applies to a spell thats casted or something like that, it could mean "Area of Effect". Hope that helps.

9. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    Attack of...Ewoks? 8-}

Honestly - I don't think anybody really knows... there's too many oldbie cults/clubs to count that try and mess with people. [face_plain]

Make up your own meaning for AoE. :D

-Bjork.

10. AnaKanned_Food

Feb 20, 2003
    Alright... that's it. No one knows... and as previous posters suggested, I shall make up a meaning for "AoE"- Apples on Eggs... There we go. Now it all makes sense. No one really cares for Star Wars-- Really. We just here to talk about food, right? Yes. Apples on Egges.

11. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Everyone I know uses' AoE' to abbreviate Age of Empires but it desn't fit into that phrase very well so I do not know.

12. AnaKanned_Food

Feb 20, 2003
    I've figured it out!!! Oh yes... just a little snooping around is all it took. "AoE" alludes to the user "Agony Engine." Apparently there is a group of people on the boards (around 5 or 6) who are associated with this user and thus adopt "AoE" as a sign of their bonds to him. I don't know what their function is but... they exist. Yep.... Definitely not Apples on Eggs

13. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    Bah. Apples on Eggs or Attack of Ewoks are much better terms. 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.