*** Quicktime EXPLOSION clips for your fanfilms ! ! ! ***

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by OBI-JUAN2002, Jun 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. HTS_HetH Jedi Knight

star 3
    Master-X: Great explosion! Thx
  2. borjis fett Jedi Knight

star 3

Nice one Mister-X.

How did you make it?

3. OBI-JUAN2002 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Mister-x, that was great thanks for contributing! Now I wonder, at the end of your explosion it gets darker... how will that key. I'll make a test and post it here.

PS:

Explosion 8 If it doesnt work, put an ? after the URL.
  4. OBI-JUAN2002 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, here you go. As I imagined, the dark smoke cloud turns transparent... the rest is pretty awesome by the way.

Test Explosion Clip Add a ? at the end if it does not work.
  5. Lord_Homer Jedi Master

star 4
    that's funny. Pixel hasn't even said a word in this thread. wierd.
  6. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
    Dang, Mister-X. That is sweet. Did you do that in 3DS Max? Or did you have AfterBurn or something like it? If you did that with standard settings, in 3DS Max. WRITE A TUTORIAL RIGHT NOW!
  7. Darth_Redicolous Jedi Master

star 3
    I made a test explosion in lightwave. please tell me what you think. You can say it sucks if you want to. Just let me know how I can improve it.explosion.mov
  8. TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    It's an interesting effect, but it's too smooth and linear to be an "explosion" to me... it very much appears to be just a series of spheres with several interesting fractal pattern mapped onto them...

Fenn
  9. Darth_Redicolous Jedi Master

star 3
    Yep! That's exactly what it is. Maybe I should ad some particles? And maybe some more intense light?
  10. TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff

VIP
    star 4
    Well, if you're working in Lightwave, I'd suggest breaking into the Hypervoxels settings... you'll have much better results...

But if you're going to use mapped spheres, you need to speed it up a LOT, up the polygon count of those suckers and then start adding deformation and displacement maps to them as well... mix it up, use lens flares, glows, more textures...

It can be done, with limited success... I did it several years ago for CRIMSON SKIES, and it's certainly not as render-intensive as Hypervoxels, but it doesn't look as good up close... IMHO, of course... :D

Fenn

11. Darth_Redicolous Jedi Master

star 3
    Ok. Thanks! Hmmm maybe i should look into hypervoxels. [face_laugh]
  12. Gardulo Jedi Knight

star 3
    I feel Bad I cant Share any explosions right now cause you all have them already but I have read a couple of tutorials on making some explosions and when I get something nice I will definetly share it with all of youz!!!!

Thanks to those who did CAUSE NOTHING SAYS VF/X WITHOUT A BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
  13. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
  14. RocketGirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Does MAX have an equivalent of hypervoxels? (I've noticed that MAX has things LW and Maya have, but with different names...) I've used mapped spheres before with relative success, but...the cloud never quite looks right...
  15. OBI-JUAN2002 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, below is my pathetic attempt of an explosion with 3D Studio MAX's fire effect.

Explosion 9 - If it does not work, put an ? after the URL.

Regards,
  16. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, don't worry about it being pathetic. Cause the fire feature in Max IS pathetic. I've tried and tried to make a decent explosions, but it looks like a fungus growing instead of hot gas moving outward. It sucks, but that's not your fault.
  17. Gardulo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Amen to That Too
    I cant Make it anything else than a perfect circle of that fungus you say
    then fade to smoke then fade to black
    **(Mettalica Song Comes to mind Starts to play air guitar all over the house singing the cords)**
  18. OBI-JUAN2002 Jedi Knight

star 2
    The following page is a tutorial for an explosion in 3D studio Max... the animation looks pretty good. (MPG)

Click here
  19. vanpuyer8 Jedi Knight

star 3
    WOW THANKS ALOT OBI! I will be for sure useing a few of those for my SW film and war. Now i have a question, How do i add the explotions in?
  20. JarJarThomas Jedi Knight

star 1
    nice explosion.
    what did you use ? Afterburn ?
    can you give away your scene ?
  21. Carl_el_cee Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, guys. This is a clip that many might be interested in. It's a bluescreen that gets shot. Obviously blasters only char surfaces, not pierce them in this manner. Anyway, it's useful if it's just a small mark at some distance. Rotating and scaling it will allow you to make it look different everytime, and, hey! Did I mention it's only 5kb? Man I feel like a salesman... :D

Bluescreen Bullet
  22. OBI-JUAN2002 Jedi Knight

star 2
    vanpuyer8:

In after effects, add the explosion footage to your composition (drag it into the comp) and in the swithced mode button, turn it to screen mode. The black will dissapear.

JarJarThomas:

I did not writte that tuturial so I dont have the max scene... It says it didnt use any plugins, however.

Carl_el_cee:

Thats nice!

23. Shadow-of-the-sith Jedi Knight

star 1
    OH MAN...these are so cool....i am always looking for some good explosion...pretty soon i was gonna start makin my own...hehe and i already ordered my flash powder too :(
  24. KWK-Spectre Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am VERY impressed with that clip...I did not know that CGI explosions could look so realistic. Is there any chance you would post your settings?

Spectre
  25. OBI-JUAN2002 Jedi Knight

star 2
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.