main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Quietly Irresistible~ Third place Entry for the J/J Fall Challenge. Thanks everyone!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mira_Jade , Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Thanks for clicking![:D]

Quietly Irresistible
    Author: Mira_Jade
    Genre: Romance, Drama
    Characters: Jaina/Jag, Zekk, Shawnkyr, Whoever else my fickle muse decides to add.
    Time Frame: LoTF speculation
    Summary: You can only hold off destiny for so long. A entry for the October JJ challenge

Entry parameters

Jag's bound to drop back into Jaina's life, or perhaps the other way around How is it going to happen? What will they say to each other? How long will it take to resolve their feelings of mistrust and remember what they had during the Yuuzhan Vong War?

Rules:
    1.Links to entries must be posted in this thread.
    2.There is no word limit on this one. The entries can be one post or multiple posts - with a limiting post count of four.
    3.Entries must use the following words - tower, council, bracelet, fish, sixteen and sock. (Please bold so the judges can find them.)
    4.Entries must have the index required block of information (Title, Author, Genre, etc.) at the top of the opening post.
    5.Entries must conclude with Jaina and Jag reunited with hope for their future.
    6.Entries must include the key elements of Star Wars - action, drama, suspense, romance, scoundrels, Wookiees, back-talking droids and sage Jedi Masters.
    7.Entries will be judged on adhering to the key elements of Star Wars, the romantic reunion of Jaina and Jag, writing elements (including, but not limited to, spelling, grammar, narrative, pacing, show not tell), adherence to all the challenge rules (including cleverness for word insertion), and overall impression.

****Warning for LoTF Spoilers****

*~*~*~*~*

Part One
    Afraid of Waking

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away . . .

Another threat rises, and another hero falls.

The galaxy lays ripped open, and torn asunder. It's citizens are once again divided on the age old subject of Good vs Evil. For what truly is bad? This time the lines are not so clear, for there is no tyrant, although some would call the antagonist one in the making, and there was no clear resistance. For a man is fighting to keep his family safe, and will go to any lengths to see that goal through. His ways are unorthodox and vulgar to some, and downright shocking to most.

He has warped the mind of a young Jedi, and has taken up under the tutelage of a Dark Lady of the Sith. He has outcast his family, and has brutally murdered a bitter huntress in cold blood.

As he grows stronger in the force, his family grows more and more disbelieving.

A galaxy has now gathered around the center point that is Corellia.

A planet that has long had a important role in galactic history now steps forward again to take center stage.

The galaxy is divided again.

This time the line between villain and hero is blurred.

As the outcome is stalled, the more distorted it seems.

*~*~*~*
    Suspended.

It truly was a horrid word. It ranked right up there with Twin Brother, and blonde bimbos.

Jaina Solo huffed, and a seemingly fragile hand raised to caress the belove hull of her XJ7. Fake blondes. Fake blondes, and smelly toads. Yes, this word definitely beat them all.

Good-bye my friend. She thought sadly as her hand fell away from the gleaming durasteel. With a resigned sigh she reached up to push a stray lock of chestnut hair behind her ears, and smoothed over imaginary wrinkles in her civilians clothes. I will return as soon as my sithspawned brother sees sense.

Suspended.

Indefinitely.

Oh, this was going to be fun.

Turning away from the craft she bent down to gather the fligtbag that held her beloved, and slightly weathered burnt orange flightsuit She should leave now . . . She knew that she should, delaying the inevitable would only make it that much harder when the time finally came.

She looked back towards the fighter, and a feeling that could only be described as melancholy remorse swept over her. She wanted to leave, yet

2. JagsEternalFlame

JagsEternalFlame Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2006
    Great start!=D= =D=

Suspended.

It truly was a horrid word. It ranked right up there with Twin Brother, and blonde bimbos.

Jaina Solo huffed, and a seemingly fragile hand raised to caress the belove hull of her XJ7. Fake blondes. Fake blondes, and smelly toads. Yes, this word definitely beat them all.

Good-bye my friend. She thought sadly as her hand fell away from the gleaming durasteel. With a resigned sigh she reached up to push a stray lock of chestnut hair behind her ears, and smoothed over imaginary wrinkles in her civilians clothes. I will return as soon as my sithspawned brother sees sense.

Suspended.

Indefinitely.

Oh, this was going to be fun.

Heeheehee, fake blondes. I loved that![face_laugh]

Can't wait for Jaggie![face_love]

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    She had gone back with her parents for a while, yet Han and Leia were living a life together that had always been denied to them in their younger days. They were so happy, even as the galaxy once again looked ready to implode on itself. Their love kept them together, and their years together filled in the gaping holes caused by so many loses. She felt like a burden around them.

Not to mention how even that happinees seemed denied her most of her life.

Then he had come along with a dark glint in his eyes, and a newfound malice burning in his aura It was eerie, and it took all of her energy to not succumb to the darkness that constantly ate at her through their bond.

I'd forgotten how the bond may affect her.

She'd watch her brother tear the galaxy to shreds, and she'd come back to pick up the bloody pieces.

Such a burden for one woman to carry. :(

Excellent start. Might I ask for PM updates?

4. jedi_ashes

jedi_ashes Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2006
    YAY Story!

I like this challenge.

PEACE
    [face_peace]

ashes
    @};-

5. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    cant wait for my jaggie!
    great job so far!
    Could you possibly PM me when you update?

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Glad you enjoyed it. Yes fake blondes are my per peeve, and I'm alloud to make fun of blondes because I am a blonde myself. :p Hee. I'm twisted.:rolleyes:

Yes, happiness was always denied her:) , and the twin blonde was my first thought. Jacen was able to feel Jaina's descent into darkness, so why not the other way aruond?

PMs? Sure I can do that.:)

Yep, it's awesome!

PM's are a update, and I'll bring you Jag soon!

~MJ

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely!

At length Zekk said. ?I had wanted you to stay with us.? He refused to mention her suspension. He was the type of person that thought that if he pretended something didn't exist, then he didn't need admit to it's truth.

She wished for that quality at times.

At other times she pitied him for it.

Nice insight. =D=

Could you PM me when you update? :D

8. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    Love it, MJ!
    Please add me to the PM list!

DL Purple Pencil

9. JagsEternalFlame

Aug 25, 2006
    fake blondes are my per peeve, and I'm alloud to make fun of blondes because I am a blonde myself.

Hee, I'm one too. LOL;)

CAn you put me on the PM list?

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Glad you enjoyed it! PMs are a definate! And welcome to the ride!

Glad you enjoyed it, and I'll be sure to PM you.

*Waves to a fellow blonde*

Sure I'll PM you!:D

~MJ@};-

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Part two is almost ready!

~MJ@};-

12. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    This is a great start, Mira_Jade. Can I get PMs, too?

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Part two is finally here! Lots of Jag for all of you enduring the drought.:(

Part Two
    Slivers of a Nightmare

Far away from the center of the galaxy and the problems it holds, in a place where Corellia and her troubles are nothing but a passing memory, two forces prepare to collide, unseen from the reat of the galaxy. It's how it always has been

It's how it always will be.

Like sleek arrows against the star studded backdrop of space the one side gathers. Four pronged wings gather around a sphere that contains some of the most efficient technology in the galaxy. The sphere cocoons the faceless pilots within as securely as a mother's womb, and the unknown entities behind the black masks spark fear into even the heart of the most hardened foe. Sparkling, they darted and dived above the swirling whites, and silvery blues of the planet below. The gleaming planet's only distinction from the stars around it were the fighters that darted like swarms of insects above the alien race's seat of power.

Here Avalanche squadron gathers.

It is here that Jagged Fel feels at home.

Out of the veiwport he studied his enemy, his target. Their fleet is composed of century old spiky and dilapidated war craft. The rag tag group looked laughable immature, and unfit next too the gleaming pristineness of the Chiss War Fleet. A unfortunate usurper who had the audacity to challenge the well oiled Chiss War machine. Yet they shouldn't be written off so easily. For it is not the warrior's weapon, it is the warrior who wields it who makes the difference.

These warriors are not Chiss, yet they have passion, and a ideal, This a dangerous thing, for they are not afraid to die for their cause, and a suicidal fighter is always more formidable.

They are almost like humans in that manner Jag thinks as he sets his weapons controls. Beneath him the supple engine hums in response, and his leather gloved hands settle perfectly around the grooved handle of the pilots yolk.

In his right arm, the servomotors of his whirl and click.

This serves as a bitter reminder for him, for it is the price he has payed for love.

Ahead the enemy gathers, and the shots start to fly.

He almost smirked. ?Break formation.? He orders crisply, his voice as dry as any Chiss. ?Engage at will.?

The ships break apart, and shoot across the sky, and he finally allows himself a unseen smile. The bitter slash of lips and teeth comes as the exhilaration of flying comes back to him in a rush. The feel of his craft becomes so much more, for it is no longer an tool to be used, but rather is an extension of his body. The connection is heightened by the welding of his artificial right arm, to the yolk of the ship. The bond between pilot and craft is the more poignant, and the line between man and machine begins to blur.

The enemy came into range, and he is struck with the irony that is his life.

These rebels have a noble cause, yet their vision was a world where his people died, so the usurpers need to be eliminated. He was tired of sticking up for lose causes, and at this point he followed orders blindly. Like a good Chiss should.

If she were here, she would spit in his face.

He frowns in distaste at himself. How come, after so many years, her face is the firth one he sees when he knows he has wronged?

His green eyes narrow, and the craft before him explodes in a brilliant symphony of color as he vents his pent up frustration.

Dipping the Clawcraft in a series of moves that would have made any other ship groan in protest, he slipped under the pursuing ships who were undoubtedly disoriented by the loss of their creche mates.

Yet he didn't stop, and at the prompting of his expert hands another series of volleys are released in a symphony of color that result in the enemy exploding in a cluster of brilliant flames.

Sorting out the clutter of reports in his ear he flipped the Clawcraft around. Once again the dance of war played out, and he played again.

Turn. Fire. Dip. Spin.

He had been dancing for years now, and

14. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    ?If you wish to lose your arm up to your shoulder, then yes.? Yikes!

Yay! He's going to Corellia!!!

DL Purple Pencil

15. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    ?Shawnkyr? How does Corellia sound this time of year??

Corellia...nice choice. Right smack dab in the middle of everything, where he least wants to be...I'm looking forward to the reunion.

Great post, and thanks fro the PM. [:D]

16. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Of course he can't stay away from what and who he'd prefer. Life just isn't like that. :D

?If you wish to lose your arm up to your shoulder, then yes.?

I have to second darkladypurplepencil's Yikes!. There's more than enough incentive.

Superb post.

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Well, I had to get that through his thick skull somehow.

This was merely the best way.:p Heeheehee.

I'm glad you liked it!

No prob with the PM. It makes me feel loved.[face_blush]

Yep, I'm throwing him in head first.

Oh, the possibilities![face_devil]

Yep, life never goes your way. That's what makes writing so fun.:p Heeheehee

Maybe this side trip will have some good baggage coming out though . . .

~MJ@};-

18. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    wow! that was awesome! Great jOb Mira!

Cant wait for the next part!

19. JagsEternalFlame

Aug 25, 2006
    Jag nodded in thought. ?The thought of a arm that didn't burn every day was appealing, yet he would like to stay as far away from that part of space as possible. He was desperate. ?Are you sure you can't operate again??

?If you wish to lose your arm up to your shoulder, then yes.?

Once again cursing the bluntness of this race he groaned. Most unfitting for a warrior of the Chiss Acendency.

Heeheehee. I loved that![face_laugh]

The bluntness of his people is truly hilariuos, I would go nuts.:rolleyes:

Exelent job, the imagery was spectacular, I felt, I really felt, what Jag was feeling, and that was just amazing!=D=

20. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    This is very interesting. Can I be on the PM list too?

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww. Thanks! Next part will be up soon!

Wow! Now that's the kind of review I want to see![face_dancing]

Thanks a million!:D

I'll be sure to add you. Welcome to the ride.=D=

Or rollercoaster. That would fit better.:p

~MJ@};-

22. Lyne

Lyne Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2006
    I love how you showed Jag's anguish and bitterness, but despite it all he still loves Jaina.

Can I please be added to the PM list?

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Thanks for telling me what you liked! I love you for that!

Sure, I'll add you to the PM list.

~MJ@};-

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I have the next part writen, but I need to find time to type.

Ja ne!

~MJ@};-

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Part three out of four. One left![face_dancing]

Part Three
    Between Dreams and Reality

Corellia.

Home if the pirates, and land of the shipbuilders. The planet that spawned such legends as Han Solo, and his own father, Baron Fel. The place where dictators were formed, and morphed. Examples being Thraken Sal-Solo, and latest, Jacen Solo.

Jag felt his lip twist up in a imitation of a smile. Maybe it was just that family. He shrugged, so much for the nice pacifist boy he knew.

Next to him in the co-pilots seat Shawnkyr sat silently listening into the comm chatter of the many humans that crowded Corellia's airwaves. She shook her head, if the Alliance only knew how much information they gave away just by running their mouths. "This part of the galaxy is worse than it was before we left." Shawnkyr remarked as her experienced hands made slight adjustments to the ship's flight path.

Jag nodded his agreement, and his disdain for humans rose another notch.

Shawnkyr's lip twitched at his unspoken sentiment, and looked away as the planet of Corellia began to loom in the viewport. Jag sighed. There was no use in delaying the inevitable. The comm blinked, and clicked, and a crisp voice said, ?Unidentified craft. State your cargo and destination.?

Jag flicked the comm switch and answered, ?This is the shuttle Glacier, of the Chiss Ascendancy. Cargo is passengers only.?

There was silence on the other end of the line, and he knew that the officer was checking the ship's codes with the sizable 'donation.' that was made before they left Csilla. He grinned again as the comm controller came back on to say, ?Shuttle Glacier. Welcome to Alliance Space, and enjoy your stay on Corellia.?

?I'll be sure too.? Jag answered, and signed of as the servomotors in his arm began to whirl as he began the crafts orbital descent.

Shawnkyr's eyes began to narrow thoughtfully as the screen before her popped up with their possible routes. ?Dr. Chokik is located in the Corporate sector, in the military headquarters. It seems that he has yet to drop his ties with the Galactic Alliance's army.?

Jag deadpanned. ?A strike against his character already.?

Shawnkyr's lip twitched. ?Shall we engage commander?? She teased softly.

Jag smiled, and ignored the stab of pain that shot through his arm.

?Engage at will Major.? He said softly and tried not to linger on times past.

*~*~*~*~*

Heaving a sigh Jaina shouldered her bag, and stopped right outside of her Uncle Wedge's office.

In one hand she held her letter of resignation. Her lip twitched and she smiled sadly. She had lost all hope in the alliance, and this time she wasn't coming back.

She pursed her lips thoughtfully as as she wondered as to where to go next. Hapes was a possibility. She hadn't seen Tenel Ka in years, and every time she talked to her the Queen Mother was always quiet and distant. Maybe I can cheer her up. Force knows that I can use some of her cool in my life.

Fiddling with the bracelet on her left hand she anxiously waited for Wedge's answer.

?Come on in. The door is open.?

Jaina smiled as she entered, and Wedge lifted his head to look up at her. As he saw his visitors identity his smile faded, and it was replaced with a sad sigh.

So he knows too. Jaina sighed, and walked forward.

?Jaina, I heard what happened. Let me say how sorry I am to hear about that.?

?Don't think nothing of it. It's just Jacen being Jacen.?
    Wedge's lip twitched. ?That statement packs a punch it didn't formerly.? Serious now, Wedge asked kindly. ?How are you holding up through this??

?As good as can be expected.? She answered truthfully. ?I have a urge to strangle my twin, yet that seems to be a universal feeling right now.?

Wedge smiled at the small glow that entered her eyes. He had missed that. ?So, Jaina, what can I do for you??

Jaina's eyes sobered now, and the glow was extinguished. She sighed. ?I'm here to give you my resignation.?

Wedge took the data card from her hands, and a sad looked coated h

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.