main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Quinlan Vos Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Only-One Cannoli, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Chewy-bacca

Darth_Chewy-bacca Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Come on guys were are you?

Same question as the above post.

2. HwarangKnight

HwarangKnight Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2006
    Hi Chewy.

I have to confess that I don't know as much as I would like about Quinlan because I haven't really gotten into the comics much. I generally am a novel guy. But what little I do know about him makes me think he's probably one of my favorite characters. I'm hoping to see him in the upcoming TV series also!:)

~HwarangKnight

3. Darth_Chewy-bacca

Feb 27, 2006
    I'm also a novel guy, but I like the comics too. I didn't know much about him either when I joined and since then I know a whole lot more. And I don't even have any of the comics he's in either(mainly becouse I'm having to wait until my birthday).

4. Merlyn_Gabriel

Merlyn_Gabriel Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2005
    Tholme, Quinn are fabulous characters. I would love to see more about them as well. To my mind they are way more complex and interestingthan a good many of the novel characters out there and I have pretty much read everything I can get my hands on. I would love to see more about Tholme as well especially the time he spent training on Anzat.

5. Darth_Chewy-bacca

Feb 27, 2006
    Don't know much about Tholme and if I did read something on him I forgot. What comics is he in? My birthday is in a month or so and I'm planning on buying a lot of comics with Quin in them and any other comics I can afford.

6. Merlyn_Gabriel

May 28, 2005
    tholme

have a gander here.

7. Darth_Chewy-bacca

Feb 27, 2006
    Thanks. I remember reading about him now. He does sound like a cool character.

8. Merlyn_Gabriel

May 28, 2005
    He has that protective, damaged, mysterious, strong yet quiet thing going on, plus he has long hair...very sexy.

9. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    Glad you like Master Tholme. Visually, he's always been a fave of mine.

I always enjoyed stories with Tholme--partly, I guess, because despite being Quinlan's Master he is in so many ways the polar opposite of his apprentice. Not that Tholme was a total light side Jedi--but I think he always managed to stay closer to the light than Quin--despite having to be involved in some very dark dealings for the Jedi. Even though we did not delve into much of it there was always the feeling of so much history to the character. Guess that is part of what is appealing about him too--the mystery. :)

I've always wondered--if Quin had been apprenticed to a different master--one that was not so involved in spying and espinonage, would he have followed a different path or would he still have been rebellious and dark? Thoughts?

10. Merlyn_Gabriel

May 28, 2005
    God, I really do hope that some where along the line there are more stories about Tholme + Quinn.

I never gave the idea of Quin's turning out differently had he been with a different master but the thought is fascinating and leads to a billion other suppositions...oh the mind boggles... but in all honesty the two of them just fit so well together, like parts of a broken blade.

Wasn't Quinn ( as a jedi candidate)found quite late in life in comparison to the babies that were 'removed' from their familes? Sort of like Anakin? ( Must re read everything again I think)From the comics'stories as well as images ( because the drawings convey SO much) it seems to me that Quin and Tholme had a real bond right from the word go.Would it have been harder for Quin to have been apprenticed to another other than the one who was able to quell his fears and bring him back from the edge? From a lowly reader's point of view, they were bound and wound tightly together right by a likeness of spirit from the start. I cannot even imagine who else could have taken him on as an apprentice. But perhaps a female mistress would have softened him a little? If T'ra had taken him on for example, she is such a gentle spirit would that have dramatically altered who he became? It's good food for thought.

Then again...what would have happened if someone like the Dark Woman had gotten a hold of him? Or if Qui Gon had been his teacher?

11. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I like Tholme because he is kind of ambigious, remaining light but still having that dark undercore that would allow him to send Quinlan into the darkness. He is enigmatic and charming, he has so many layers and you constantly learn something new.

12. Merlyn_Gabriel

May 28, 2005
    yes, exactly! I am going to get lynched for saying this but Quin and Tholme have a lot more going for them than many of the more written about characters inc Luke and mara et al. Perhaps it is that SW comics have become a lot more sophisticated and the Clone Wars stories in particular are just so well done. I was impressed and surprised by them and really grateful for having read them. As of late some of the novels have been incredibly dissapointing so Tholme and Quin really make up for a lot of that. I really do wish there was more.

There is a touch of danger about Tholme. But he keeps it far more tightly coiled than Quinlan does.

:)

13. RafVader

RafVader Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2007
    I totally agree with you. I'd rather read stories about Quin + Tholme than Luke. Luke grandmaster of the jedi frustrates me more than the SW characters developed/written in Darkhorse comics. My daughter who is 6 prefers to read the graphic novels then watching the trilogy or any of the prequels.

I wish they would be included in the comics involving the Empire.

14. Merlyn_Gabriel

May 28, 2005

15. Merlyn_Gabriel

May 28, 2005
    no takes in this debate???

*pout*

16. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    I agree. I was never really into comics until I picked up Republic #76 one day ... the story and the art were so impressive that I promptly spent a good chunk of my next few paychecks on TPBs so I could get the rest of Quin's story. :p As a longtime reader of the EU, I had a natural bias toward the novels and never would have expected to form such a bond with comic book characters, but Tholme, Quin, Aayla and Khaleen have become some of my all-time favorite EU characters.

Well, I'm a big fan of the NJO and LOTF novels, but I, too, would love to see more of Quin and company.

And the Anzat passage is a favorite of mine, too. I love the creepy atmosphere. :)

17. Merlyn_Gabriel

May 28, 2005
    I think we should petition for more Quin , Tholme et al stories. MORE I tell you. Because damnit I really want to know what happens NEXT!

*sigh*
    such great characters leave me wanting more and more and more.

18. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Wow glad to see this thread is back on the first 2 pages! Just wondering, I know I haven't been around much in the last couple of months (real life stuff unfortunately), am I still the Senator of this? I'd love to continue if so, if not, very well.

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    As far as the Senate knows, you are. Well, as far as I know.

The roster hasn't been updated a lot recently.

Welcome back, though, SLG.

20. Merlyn_Gabriel

May 28, 2005
    I guess we just have to rustle up more Qinn fans!

21. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Yay!

Although someone told me the other day some disheartening news that Quin isn't going to be in any more EU stuff... is this true?

22. Merlyn_Gabriel

May 28, 2005
    That's the first I've heard of it.

I thought he was, as a charachter, to appear in the TV show, of course this is just rumour ... I guess.

23. Darth_Chewy-bacca

Feb 27, 2006
    I think it would be cool to have a show just to follow up on all of Quin's life and all those around him. Like an Old Jedi Order show that revovles mostly arouond him.

24. Merlyn_Gabriel

May 28, 2005
    well didn't Tholme also survive? ( among others) so it would be very interesting to know what happened to them all. I must admit while the clone wars comics had a good solid ending there are SO many questions and what ifs. It is their stories that I often think about in terms of what if / what next/ where are they now?

I think this is really a sign of good solid and strong characters.

it would be so cool to know more!!!

25. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Tholme had so much potential as a character, but they never really got into him enough. He should have a spin-off series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.